[RESOLVED] RIOs joining uninvited and unapproved

MobiSev

Is anyone else having a problem with this in multiplayer? Aren’t we supposed to get a window pop up for us to accept or deny them?

Edited by IronMike

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

I had this happen a couple times too, my RIO joined my plane without needing me to approve him at least 4 or 5 times. Also, he apparently still had the menu for Iceman AI, so it could be that there was some issue with the way the game was telling if he was command or not and thinking he was the pilot?

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Strange, might be a server setting. I have always received a request notification from my 2nd crew member.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I call this feature, "RIO - AI Kids". They just show up announced and stare at you.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

yeah I've had people asking about this, can not see a server side setting for this but I've had one or two complaints about people getting in the rio seat and leaning forward through the dashboard to press switches in the pilots cockpit, any help in setting permissions would be grateful.

Seems like the issue is caused by a serverside script that reserves slots for squadron members. Also happend in the Gazelle before the F-14 release, when you run that script on your server, it seems to deactivate the request function and makes it instant join able.

Edited by Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Admin Kirks-Hangar Multiplayer Server.

Keep calm and fly on!:pilotfly:

We've found out that this is being caused by the Simple Slot Blocking script. The developer is writing a fix for it that should hopefully be available for everyone soon.

In the mean time to get the RIO permissions to work, simply remove the SSB script from your Saved Games/DCS World Open Beta/ Scripts/ Hook folder and clients will no longer be able to join without permission from the pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I dont have a SBS script Maverick, this was on a simple mission I created and hosted for some of the guys

i have had the same thing happen to me also, annoying

Edited by Raz_Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

;3843390']We've found out that this is being caused by the Simple Slot Blocking script. The developer is writing a fix for it that should hopefully be available for everyone soon.

In the mean time to get the RIO permissions to work, simply remove the SSB script from your Saved Games/DCS World Open Beta/ Scripts/ Hook folder and clients will no longer be able to join without permission from the pilot.

Thanks Mav :thumbup:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont have a SBS script Maverick, this was on a simple mission I created and hosted for some of the guys

i have had the same thing happen to me also, annoying

Can you have a look in your Saved Games / Scrips / Hooks folder and see if there are any scripts installed there sir and let me know what they are please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3844111']Can you have a look in your Saved Games / Scrips / Hooks folder and see if there are any scripts installed there sir and let me know what they are please?

I just have Tacview, that is all in there for me. People can just join uninvited.

❤️

I just have Tacview, that is all in there for me. People can just join uninvited.

Understood, looks like there is more to it than just the Slot Blocking Script. I'll pass this on, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]