[KNOWN ISSUE] Jester AI when air to air refueling

Rammit

Only experienced it just now in MP.

Missed the basket of the KC-135MPRS and Jester started repeating all of his quips about missing, didn't give any other callouts. Turned Jester inactive in the menu, then back on, and he carried on repeating. Turned him to silent, and back on, and he carried on repeating. Only after breaking from the tanker, probe back in, and turning him inactive did that reset him back to normal and we carried on.

Edited by IronMike

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

I turn him off til I’m hooked, then turn him back on to listen for fuel callouts.

It’s amusing at first, but the quantity of the comments is a bit much.....would be nice if that was turned down a bit. 25-30% of the calls would be fine.

I've had the same problem in MP several times, I'm already connected and taking fuel but Jester keeps making jokes as if I'd missed the basket. You know, "oh jesus!", "want me to reach out and grab it", "star wars noises", etc. I set him to silent but he still keeps going non stop for half a minute.

I had the same issue with Jester last night. Repeating voice loop during AAR.

Additionally, during the loop, graphics started blurring and becoming double. Anything outside of the cockpit was split into two. HUD numbers, tanker and hose/drogue. Finally had to leave our server.

• 2 weeks later...
Open Beta Update 03-27-2019 states:

- Fixed JESTER going crazy and rambling during A2A refueling

Seems like not fixed yet, I had the "play all AAR comments in loop" bug yesterday and today again.

Same here.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB