F-14B Additional Key Binding (Pilot)

Alerax

Being someone who enjoys binding all my keys and minimizing the use of a mouse, I've pulled together the missing keybinding controls for the F-14B (pilot only). Note that these are simple key presses and not toggle buttons.

Heatblur- if you are reading this, feel free to add these controls on your next update as a stop-gap measure. I highly suggest creating a toggle command for the two position switches and up/down command for the three position switches. This is such a great module, and having these keybindings really make a difference for us sim pilots who strive for as much immersion as possible.

JSGME ready, just put the "F14B - Controls" folder into your _MODS folder.

Let me know if there are any errors.

Enjoy!

Alerax

[updated 3-26-2020]

F14B - Controls [03.26.2020].rar

Edited by Alerax
Updated attached file
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, and here I was wondering where's that Parking Brake mapping..

Thanks for your effort.

Hope this gets added to the module properly.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

List of added keybindings:

-Nose Strut Compression Switch

Thanks a lot .. I dont have that many buttons on my Hotas, but the nose strut looks nice to be able to watch it from outside the plane while commanding it on the Hotas :)

Will test it tonight.

Edit: Nice Detail, grouping all the new keybindings on their own category :D

JZ4xAmg.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Alerax.

I tried to add HSD HDG & CRS knobs - they work as clickable (if in TACAN Mode), but not if I add these commands in the keytrokes file you provided - I just tried tacking this near the end, and although it appears OK in the GUI, and I can assign buttons or keystrokes to it - it does nothing to the Heading or Course bugs on the HSD.

-- Heading knob

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Heading Correction Inc'), category = _('PDCP')},

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = -1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Heading Correction Dec'), category = _('PDCP')},

-- Course knob

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Course Correction Inc'), category = _('PDCP')},

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = -1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Course Correction Dec'), category = _('PDCP')},

Any Clues?

Hopefully, Heatblur officially adds these keybindings.

Alerax comes through AGAIN!! Thanks a BUNCH! Please keep up the good work and megathanks for sharing! Heatblur owes you - BIG TIME,

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Thanks Alerax.

I tried to add HSD HDG & CRS knobs - they work as clickable (if in TACAN Mode), but not if I add these commands in the keytrokes file you provided - I just tried tacking this near the end, and although it appears OK in the GUI, and I can assign buttons or keystrokes to it - it does nothing to the Heading or Course bugs on the HSD.

-- Heading knob

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Heading Correction Inc'), category = _('PDCP')},

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = -1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Heading Correction Dec'), category = _('PDCP')},

-- Course knob

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Course Correction Inc'), category = _('PDCP')},

{pressed = device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.HSD, value_pressed = -1.0, value_up = 0, name = _('ALT HSD Course Correction Dec'), category = _('PDCP')},

Any Clues?

Hi mkiii- turn knobs are a bit finicky to work with from the user side. It's typically something that needs to addressed by the developer (at least that's my understanding so far).

Alerax comes through AGAIN!! Thanks a BUNCH! Please keep up the good work and megathanks for sharing! Heatblur owes you - BIG TIME,

Mariner, you are too kind. This is just a small clean up, nothing compared to what Heatblur has given us- an incredibly satisfying and detailed module to fly!

Thank you so much adding these additional binds. I have a couple questions regard your mod. First, are there existing binds for the emergency wing sweep lever and the ability to pull it up/stow it? I noticed it wasn't among the binds your mod added so I assume I just overlooked it. In the same vein, is it possible to adjust your mod to make the flap lever function like it does with the mouse wheel? That is to say, in an non-binary fashion. The cold start at one point requires you to go to half flaps and the current implementation results in either fully up or fully down. Thanks again!

WAIT! You mean I need to use a mouse to set my BRC on the CRS knob? BORING!!!!!!

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

Hi Alerax,

It is possible to add a 2/3-position switch for Antiskid & Spoiler.

The function should be:

Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both, On, else Off

and

Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only, On, else Off

This feature would work well with the Warthog HOTAS. Switch to the front (Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both), switch to the middle (off), switch to the back (Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only) and back to the middle (off).

Thanks and Greetings

Tronix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

Hi Alerax,

It is possible to add a 2/3-position switch for Antiskid & Spoiler.

The function should be:

Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both, On, else Off

and

Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only, On, else Off

This feature would work well with the Warthog HOTAS. Switch to the front (Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both), switch to the middle (off), switch to the back (Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only) and back to the middle (off).

Thanks and Greetings

Tronix

I created the function: :thumbup:

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both, else off'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},
{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only, else off'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

Greetings

Tronix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

I created the function: :thumbup:

{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Both, else off'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},
{down = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, up = device_commands.BRAKE_AntiSkidAndSpoilerBrake, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, name = _('Antiskid & Spoiler BK - Spoiler Only, else off'), category = _('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

Greetings

Tronix

I already use this switch for the engine cranks

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

WAIT! You mean I need to use a mouse to set my BRC on the CRS knob? BORING!!!!!!

Yeah, I just realized this yesterday. I hope this gets added.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hi mkiii- turn knobs are a bit finicky to work with from the user side. It's typically something that needs to addressed by the developer (at least that's my understanding so far).

Yeah, I just realized this yesterday. I hope this gets added.

Normally this is the case, I assumed the same but in this particular case it seems to work!

Coarse, fine and +/- 1 degree increments included in the following code:

{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [coarse] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [coarse] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [coarse] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.01, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [coarse] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [fine] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [fine] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [fine] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.001, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [fine] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [+1°] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=-0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Course Knob [-1°] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [+1°] - CW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')}, 
{down=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_down=-0.0028, value_up=0.0, name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [-1°] - CCW'), category=_('HSD (Horizontal Situation Display)')},

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio