Bear Rising - tracking Russia's military events

Over the last couple of years, military news has been increasingly frequent in Russian media outlets. Some believe this is pre-election politics, some believe it's general propaganda and some believe it is a sign of genuine trends in the armed forces. Whatever the case, little of it ever reaches non-Russian speakers, outside of those paying for specialty subscription services. Bear Rising is a project that will attempt to address the lack of easily obtainable information. Given enough free time, I hope to be able to use the blog as a means of providing English language updates on the various military subjects being discussed in the Russian media.

The blog is designed to inform, not puppet Russian politics or initiate flamewars over them. You are free to draw whatever conclusions you want from the news, but my current policy is to keep the blog comment-free. If you have any comments or feedback you would like to provide, I left my email available for it.

A few posts are already online for those interested. Considering this will be your first visit, I would highly recommend you begin reading from the bottom, with the "Start" posting. My plan is to keep the next few posts along the same topic, setting the general trends in the Russian military as publicized by officials and budgetary plans. Eventually though, the posts will be more specific, dealing with particular events, such as training exercises or product orders and deliveries, etc.

I'm dipping my toes into new waters here, so any feedback is welcome.

http://bearrising.blogspot.com/

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I'll be bookmarking your blog. I'm at work and only had time for a quick read. But it certainly looks informative. Thanks.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Over the last couple of years, military news has been increasingly frequent in Russian media outlets. Some believe this is pre-election politics, some believe it's general propaganda and some believe it is a sign of genuine trends in the armed forces.

It apears that for the comming years Russia still doesnt believe coming up to contest the air but rather invest on long range strike and nuclear projection. Russia still hanst the means to defend itself ( not even against a country of medium dimention) but with the threat of nuclear retaliation. Its putting itself on a position of not having much of an alternative. I find that a bit worrying. I thought that was suposed to be toning down these days for everybody.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It apears that for the comming years Russia still doesnt believe coming up to contest the air but rather invest on long range strike and nuclear projection. Russia still hanst the means to defend itself ( not even against a country of medium dimention) but with the threat of nuclear retaliation. Its putting itself on a position of not having much of an alternative. I find that a bit worrying. I thought that was suposed to be toning down these days for everybody.
You can put any spin you want. The fact is Russia, just like almost every other country of the world, now has market economy. Market economy was advantage “western” countries had in the past. That advantage is no more.

Besides, it is extremely difficult to defend a country that spread over 11 time zones.

Russia has something that nobody on the planet of earth has. Russia has abundance land. Land means resources. And in the future, land will be more and more valuable.

Many wants some of that land. They can not get it directly, so they use proxies.

Russia has enormous intellectual potential and now market economy. I am convinced, Russia will be able to defend its land.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

I would suggest that, if possible, on your blog page, you change the background to white and letters to black.

It is very difficult for me (old man) to read text with black background.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

That was a reaction to pilotasso's staitment about poor mother russia

You can put any spin you want. The fact is Russia, just like almost every other country of the world, now has market economy. Market economy was advantage “western” countries had in the past. That advantage is no more.

Besides, it is extremely difficult to defend a country that spread over 11 time zones.

Russia has something that nobody on the planet of earth has. Russia has abundance land. Land means resources. And in the future, land will be more and more valuable.

Many wants some of that land. They can not get it directly, so they use proxies.

Russia has enormous intellectual potential and now market economy. I am convinced, Russia will be able to defend its land.

By Looking at that list you would have to be blind not to see how much more money is being poured into nuclear and long range strike capability over any other means. So what is so amazing about what I said?

My PC specs below:

Okay, all suggestions taken to note. Will try out different colors (I do like the black background, but it is straining to read. Same thing with the fonts, I like the look, but it isn't the most readable - will reconsider), see about making a feed and consider making dollar equivalents, though I would prefer that a reader do that on his own for fear of publishing an error on the blog.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

Why dont you volounteer then?

My PC specs below:

Updated with a post on the recently formed United Aircraft Building Corporation.

Also changed the font color to grey, which will hopefully make it less straining on the eyes and added an Atom subscription option at the bottom.

I decided not to add dollar values myself at this point. For a rough estimate, divide the figure given by 25. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

• 3 weeks later...