[NO BUG] TACAN X/Y switch logic is inverted for the pilot seat

toilet2000

I couldn't understand why my TACAN wouldn't pickup, but if I asked JESTER to set his to 50X, it worked.

Turns out, the X/Y switch logic is inverted in the pilot cockpit, meaning setting the switch to 50Y tunes to 50X.

Edited by IronMike

That's weird, just came back from TAW N/A server 2, Stennis is on 50X, got no signal on 50X, switching to 50Y I get a tone.

If I ask JESTER to switch to 50X, he gets a tone.

Are you sure you dialed your TACAN in the front cockpit, and that the PILOT/NFO TACAN switch is set to pilot?

I noticed the same issue. Haven't tried dialing TACAN on the left panel myself because it's literally impossible to see in VR, but if I manually enter ("request") a TACAN freq via the Jester menu, X and Y will be reversed when entered by Jester.

Example: If you enter ("request") 14X, then open the Jester menu again you can see that he actually entered 14Y, and vice versa.

Edited by SonofEil
clarity

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Oh my... it drove me crazy last night, no way I could catch a TACAN station via Jester.. I will try it later.. no one is to blame anyway, he surely is not able to distinguish X from Y in VR as well lol

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

• 3 weeks later...

I marked it as NO BUG, because they are not reversed.

However I added that when entered by Jester they can get reversed to our internal tracker. couldnt reproduce yet.

Thanks for reporting

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/