COOP/SP Mission - Iranian Crisis 1989

Simon1279

This is a small mission i've made for me and my friends to be played with the Tomcat both in COOP and SP.

Some highlights:

SITUATION:

April 27th 1989 - Iran.

The Ayatollah Khamenei rules since the last 8 years on Iran.

His plans to fully equip his country with nuclear weapons are proceeding full ahead, despite NATO countries admonitions.

The United Nations are worried about the situation and its consequences, an international diplomatic crisis is on its way.

From one side, there's the USSR ready to supply Iran's islamic regime with weapons of any sort.

The list of weapons required by Iran includes 150 Mig-29 and Mig 27 fighter-bombers, an unknown number of super-bombers and Sukhoi 25 and Sukhoi 27 tactical fighters, helicopters, tanks, surface-to-air missiles, and so on.

Gorbachev has placed a political reservation: these weapons must not be used to reignite the war against Iraq and to terrorize the Arab countries in the name of the revolution and exporting it.

On the other side there are the NATO countries, led by the USA willing to protect themselfs and their democracy, avoiding a kind of steel pact between Iran and USSR and to prevent an aggression on Iraq by Iran, following the signed pacts between Saddam Hussein and the USA.

The USA are conducting an unofficial attack against Iran, preventing it to become a major threat than it is as of right now.

BLUE TASK:

1. Clear the skies, there's the possibility to meet brand new fighter jets made in the USSR on Iranian skies, so beware of them.

2. Destroy the uranium enrichment facility at WP2.

ABOUT THE SCRIPTS:

this mission uses the last mist version and the target is both a static editor placed object and a map object.

this mission also contains a script for random air patrols with random skill level within the AO which is set in an area of 100000 m.

REQUIRED MODULES:

F-14B by Heatblur simulations (Mr. obvious)

Gulf of Oman Terrain

I'm sharing this mission here, under suggestion of one of my best friends which i fly with since before DCS world came out.

i hope you'll like it.

Cheers.

F-14B_Iranian_crisis_1989.rar

Edited by Simon1279
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Thanks for sharing, will try it out tonight :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB