Total fuel possible in A2A Refuel Training

heloguy

Wanted to see if I'm missing something.

I've been playing the A2A refuel instant action training mission, and trying to stay on the hose until topped off. After 11,000 lbs, Jester stops reading fuel off, and so I took notice, looking down at the gauge. 11,900 is the most I seem to be able to take on.

Looking at the A/C config, it has two empty 300gal tanks, and the internal fuel should be around 16000 IIRC, but twice now, on two separate attempts (Fly Again), I can't get the thing to take gas above 11,900.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but wanted to see if anyone else had had the same problem.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

The most I've been about to refuel has been 12,200 lbs. It just stops increasing after that.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Anyone else? Is this a bug?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Make sure, when you extend the refueling boom, that you put it in the correct position.

As far as I remember, one position fills only internal tanks, and one position allows you to refuel internal AND external tanks.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't gotten to AAR yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep that's correct - two positions for the refuel probe switch. I am fairly sure I have managed to fill her up off the bigger tankers. But I usually am using the little Viking and I think it is running out before I am full.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaking of, any tips on how to keep it steady while refueling? I’ve gotten to the point where I manage 3-4 times to connect the boom, but within a second or two I get disconnected. And managing the throttle is fairly difficult, I can never really be at the speed of the tanker. Always slightly faster or slower. I tap the brakes to fine tune but clearly this can’t be done while refueling. Thanks.

I refuel up to 20,000lbs with no issue, without fuel tanks the most you should be able to take is 16,400lbs however there is a bug at the moment where if you jettison your tanks it will still fill you up to 20,000lbs.

The 11,900lbs thing is something I've not seen yet. Even with the probe switch in FUS Ext you should be able to get 16,400lbs.

I'll take a look at the instant action mission and test it out to see if I can reproduce.

@Rikkles, check out this tutorial video I did, hopefully it will help you out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I’ll habe to try out the switch positions as I can only ever get to 12,200 lbs by moving the refuelling probe switch down one position, even with 2x tanks.

I hoped that I just had the fuel quantity display in the wrong position (if there is one like the A10)

Yep was the switch position for me, I had it set to just fuselage.

Two clicks and she fills right up...

Thanks

Thanks, I'll have to check that out also.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals