Alt hold not working

steelrfan85

Is it normal for a slight dip in altitude (slight pitch down) when setting alt hold? It seems to want to dip then climb back to where you originally set it. I can’t seem to set alt hold while maintaining a steady alt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it normal for a slight dip in altitude (slight pitch down) when setting alt hold? It seems to want to dip then climb back to where you originally set it. I can’t seem to set alt hold while maintaining a steady alt.

Ideally you would have the aircraft trimmed for level flight at a stable altitude before engaging AP ALT Hold. Sounds like George is attempting to sort the trim for you as you engage perhaps? Also, don't just hit the NWS button as you pass through the ALT you would like to hold.

I have had no troubles with a smooth transition from trimmed flight to AP.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]