Black Sea Showdown - Aug 2007

Ice

Black Sea Showdown

Firstly, I’d like to thank the 159th Squadron, everyone else involved and especially Fudd for showing that organised operations with the Lock On Community can be a resounding success.

Here is the 169th contribution for a similar (but different) exercise.

On the last Saturday of every month at 2100Z (Greenwich Mean Time), We will host a closed (password) session on the 169th dedicated server via IP only. It will be a “Grand Finale” to the mission that has been hosted on the server for that month. It will run for 4 hours exactly. Any aircraft that have not landed at an airfield at the close will be considered as dead.

The exact scoring system is still being finalised but Aircraft losses will be severe as will be Team Kills. Priority targets such as Ships will score highly.

The 169th Statistics Board which now supports Air to Ground statistics will be the scorer and a separate database will be created specifically for this encounter. We also recommend everyone record their track so as they have evidence of any possible discrepancy.

169th members will be separated between both sides so as not to give the impression of a 169th verses the world.

How to sign up.

Register to our Forums and in the “Black Sea Showdown” Forum Category sign up in the Sign Up Thread and also request which side you wish to join. You will then be given access the appropriate section where mission planning for your team can take place. When registering, please use your regular callsign as per HyperLobby. This is to minimise the chance of dual registrations or spies. All participants will be required to use Teamspeak during the match.

There are some real benefits in this format. One being the ability to run events more frequently. Less pressure on planning and the ability to practice your sorties in an environment with human opposition at any time.

Rules:

The 169th Dedicated Server Rules must be adhered to as well as the Online Etiquitte.

Up to 64 players can register plus reserves. That’s 32 per side. You will be allowed to respawn. You will be allowed to change aircraft. If by chance the Red Team lose their Kuznetsov carrier then the Su-33’s that took off from it must change to another group. Any players in Su33’s that spawn over Bulls Eye (Nav 1) will immediately be removed from the server.

As this is the first round of hopefully many this post will most likely see some changes so check it regularly.

169th Members whom have Admin rights to our forums are NOT to get involved in any planning. Namely, Ice, PoleCat, ManaWar, Helix.

Finally I’d like to see all squadrons put aside their differences and participate in this exercise with the same energy as they have in Red Flag. Our community is small and needs all the help it can get. No doubt there will be some that do not approve of this idea. However I ask that you refrain from posting negative replies and just not get involved.

Good Hunting!

• Like 3

Excellent! I will most likely be able to participate....as long as the end of month crunch at work doesn't conflict. Looking forward to this....Good stuff for shure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

This is a direction the community should have gone in long ago. One of the greatest ways to improve the skill sets of the community at large is through competition. I cannot begin to describe how the learning curve of people improves when in an exercise like this. I am all for it and would be putting my name up immediately were it not for the fact that I am scheduled to depart on Basic Officer Training for the Canadian Forces. So I'll be missing the next 14 weeks of lock on.

For those of you in the community, do not miss this opportunity to learn and hone your skills in a competition like this.

What would be great would be to have Missions and competitions like this staggered 2 times a month. (ie Red Flag, etc.) though I also think we should have an annual comp sometime as well, get the entire community involved maybe set a large TS server up where we all could share opinions and tips and tricks, would be nice to have video conferencing but well wishing for the moon help too I suppose :)

Service Before Self

Fedeltier (Fuselier Forever)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds interesting, good thing some squads started to be interested in more serious tactical plots other than airquake where dying is a bad thing. :D

Ill join soon.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I know that I've only been in this community a short while, but I feel that these types of friendly challenges will help people evolve into better players for having participated. Even if it's a small tactic that you have never learned before, or a "...Oh crap! Well, I won't be pulling that Split 'S' from Angles .5 ever again!..."

Realistically though, not everyone is going to be the best of friends in a community (online or not), but there can be "Professional Courtesy" among Sim Pilots/Squadrons and anyone in between. I always say, "You don't have to buy the guy a Beer after work, but you should respect his professionalism".

I therefore encourage everyone to attend; to either Kill and Maim, work as a TEAM and learn New Tactics, or to just have a freakin great time!

I am SOOOO IN for this match it's not funny! Thanks all who have opened a can of Whoop Ass on me in the 169th Server (I have all of your names in my little Black Book...Check your Six Crackers!!!!) Cheers!

169cdt_Toadster (Todd)

Nice initiative to put aside the past and move on Ice. May we have many more events like it.

Good luck with the event.

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Red needs some more guys. Squads preferrably.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Technology.... Hmm anyone know a "Technology"

Having regard to the S77th Roster, S77th Squad member since Nov '05.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'