[BUG] Right engine does not spin up after re-spawning form being shot down

AMRAAM_Missiles

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've experienced this bug 2-3 times now (haven't respawned much after getting shot down recently though). In all cases it was it was when doing multicrewing in MP (me as a RIO and destinate, who posted a track of this bug on the previous page, as my pilot), but that doesn't say much, because I fly the F-14 exclusively with multicrewing. It's not a very common bug and I still have no clue what causes it, but when it hits it hits hard :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is this occurring at all in SP?

I spend ~99% of my time in SP and never encountered it. I’ve only experienced the bug in MP maybe twice in roughly four hours of online play.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

It happened to me this evening (with today OB update), MP public server (info: have to re-arm at spawn), flying with Jester.

I respawned 3 times after being shot down, without leaving my slot (hit fly again without going back to spectator). The issue happened on the 3rd respawn, and then I leaved the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Me and my pilot also rearmed every time before engine startup. Not sure if we swtiched slots or used the same one when respawning.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Came here to post this myself. have been struggling with this from the beginning. Extremely annoying bug. Especially when your computer is not the greatest and an restarting the game and joining the server can take up to 10 to 15 minutes. Could have lived with it if i only had to rejoin the server. Tried everything to start it, from manual to auto start.

Thx guy's.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Same here, got shot down, by the way by 3 aim-120s without any RWR alert before the splashes

Tried to start the engine through crossbleeding from left engine as well, didn't work either

If it can help with reproducability:

It was in multiplayer, with a human RIO

We took off with all systems on, missiles ready, radar on, RWR on, Radio on etc, as there were bandits close

Got shot down shortly after takeoff, 3xAIM120 hits from an f15 with no RWR alert prior to the hits

Lost both engines and left wing

RIO ejected both of us, we died instantly

We both went back to spectator, then back in the same slot

From here, impossible to start right engine no matter what I tried

Primary and secondary modes everytime, normal start, autostart, crossfeed with airstart using left engine

No unsual warning light, and BITs all go

Fuel in the feeds, ground power and air supply connected

We switched slot to get an other tomcat on a different airbase, still the same problem

Game ended up crashing after I tried to go to F2 view to check nozzles with secondary mode on

Edited by Esquim

Found a work around. Don't eject.

That's interesting. That might actually what causes the issue!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This bug is still not fixed. Is that hard :/ to fix ?

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Please fix this engine bug asap. It's the most annoying thing. It takes us forever to quit the server, close the game and then rejoin the MP server when this happens. We don't all have super computers where you can do this in two minutes. It's especially annoying if other people have to wait on you cause we are flying together. This is a game breaking bug to lots of us. It's annoying to hope every time you respawn or choose another slot that you won't have to restart the game to be back in 10 to 15 minutes. Depends on how busy the server is. Also i noticed today that not ejecting does not always help. It's very lame to not be able to eject because you try to prevent a bug anyway.

I wasted 45 minutes trying to find out what was causing this online . . . it didn't even go away when I restarted the game and rejoined the server.

I feel your pain. I already wasted 24 hours just restarting and rejoining MP because of this bug

• 2 weeks later...
Is this already solved?

No. Last info from HB guys earlier on this thread that I saw is that they are having a hard time reproducing it. Happened to a squadmate 3x last night on BFPG server, so it can't be that difficult if they'd play there a few sorties. Also getting quite a few CTD on that server as well in the Tomcat.

No. Last info from HB guys earlier on this thread that I saw is that they are having a hard time reproducing it. Happened to a squadmate 3x last night on BFPG server, so it can't be that difficult if they'd play there a few sorties. Also getting quite a few CTD on that server as well in the Tomcat.

It's not server related.

Just because one can see the bug in the wild, does not mean you can identify the cause. :)

We understand that it happens. Reproducing it while debugging is another story.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I had this bug for the first time tonight in MP. I was taxing, hit a crater and fell through map. Respawned and then I couldnt start right engine. After server restarted and I joined the mission again, I still had the bug. Needed to restart DCS to solve the issue.