Dear Heatblur, holy cow, what an amazing job!

Thank you Heatblur for this amazing module. I was flying the BVR instant action again and was able to get both migs this time but not without being hit with an r60 from one of them. Suddenly hydraulics were gone, no afterburner available and my wings stuck somewhere in the back around 50°. As i approach most of my sims with the dying while trying mentality, i really wanted to make it back to the carrier. After a couple of kms a really loud banging noise almost freaked me out from the back of the aircraft, i thought i gonna explode every minute but i made it back to the carrier the nearly 300kms. As i tried to get into a pattern when i saw the carrier, i noticed my flaps, gears and wings were stuck. Shit i totally forgot about the hydraulics damage, as i also didn't really read the manual i had to read all those warning and emergency signs in the cockpit at 1200feet. Nearly dropped into the ocean while doing all the reading and clicking when suddenly jester decided to leave me alone. He got pretty scared around 200feet over the water and just left me alone, without a canopy. I finally managed to drop the emergency gear and hook and was on my way to the stennis. As i got pretty close i tried to activate DLC just to see that my wings are still around 50°. My heart was pumping like a jackhammer and it was my 2nd try to land on the carrier. I made it back, don't ask which wire because i nearly fell off the deck to the left side. Last time i was immersed like this was in 2009 or 2010 when i got the ka50 and was hit in a mission with a rotor tip missing :) but i didn't made it back.

I can't wait to see more modules from your team as long as they are non-FBW. :) maybe i'll buy the FBW stuff from you anyway but i know it won't get much flight hours. 42mins in the f18 and around 1 hour in the m2000c, i just don't like how they feel while flying.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

+1

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh how I wish HB was making the 16.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 to all the above.

Also, kudos to f4l0 who programmed the JeatSeat to pretty much provide tactile feedback to match the visual and audible cues the F-14 provides during edge-of-envelope flight (buffeting/shaking). That's the best implementation yet in DCS. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Blown away by the attention to detail, the overall quality and the content of the first patch was brilliant.

Second to none, hands down , the very best

+1 million

By far the highest quality module ever released for DCS, and I would argue for any flightsim.

Truly amazing! Flying with friends, teaming up in the airframe is a total gamechanger. All the sudden I have a responcibilit of one human life in the back, that's immersive, astonishing work lads. Hälsa hela teamet.

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

It was a stroke of genius to have Meteor do the music - and what he's done is absolutely on the money. The music turns the experience from great to totally epic and grin inducing.

Has Meteor any tracks on Spotify I wonder ????

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Cant say it enough, HB, what a job well done. Flying the tomcat in VR especially, for me this is a childhood dream come true.

Nothing more to add from my side, except for this little one:

To see the development of the Viggen was a fantastic experience, and I am pretty sure many things from the Viggen went into the development of the Tomcat.

Now please go and give the Viggen the missing love, in order for making it as fantastic as the Tomcat!

Did anybody notice the vortices when flying behind another jet? Man, this is awesome!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I've been busy with work so have only had a couple of flights in the F-14 but I would also add that it is absolutely awesome in VR, both pits are fantastic and show a real labour of love to get this module as good as it can be given current technology.

Thank you guys, if I'd had a view of this in VR back in my Microprose Fleet Defender days I swear I would have had a heart attack...:D

Geez....I've been holding off buying the F-14 and now I'm on the purchase page after reading this thread.

Screw you guys.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Geez....I've been holding off buying the F-14 and now I'm on the purchase page after reading this thread.

Screw you guys.

It is truly a cornerstone of flight sim development. It just sits on another level, and in a few months when minor things are ironed out (we're talking about these DCS-related crashes, ground handling, Jester using LANTIRN... nothing really major except performance optimization.) all other developers will have a hard job to match the level of the Tomcat.

I mean honestly before Heatblur most people would have said a realistic and effective but not overperforming RIO AI would have been impossible... and here we are, with Jester.

Heatblur literally made the impossible work and I'm happy I preordered in December.

Buy it if you have already some experience with DCS, it is honestly a game changer.

Has Meteor any tracks on Spotify I wonder ????

Entire F-14 soundtrack plus their previous works, go check it out!

Love the F14 even though I get shot down a lot. I get shot down a lot in all my modules but this one looks the best while it is happening. LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

well, i think they made me quit with the warbirds in dcs, its that good.

dude.... :))

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I feel sorry for ED or the 3rd party that has to release the next module. This will be a tough act to follow and will become tougher as they progress through EA.

This module has invigorated my sim experience to the level the A10C did when I originally picked up DCS 5 years ago. With my lack of force feedback or an elaborate sim pit, I have never felt this connected to a module while using it...even down to the walkman.

Thank you, HB!

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM