Dear Heatblur, holy cow, what an amazing job!

Super Heatblur Team !!! In the distant 90's I dreamed of flying with the legendary Tomcat! I dreamed of engaging in air duels with fearsome migs (possibly Mig-'28') and ... going to bed with a beautiful blonde (but I still dream about that). Many many thanks Heatblur to your superb work!!!! I'm experiencing (virtually) those fantastic emotions (apart from the beautiful blonde).

By the way .... when will you make the beautiful blonde's DCS module??:thumbup:

Edited by flavnet

What an incredible module.

This is an amazing testament to what is possible nowdays, and I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this. Absolutely top class. I've been simming since DI's 'Fighter Pilot' on the ZX Spectrum......so nice to see what can happen nowdays!

Super Heatblur Team !!! In the distant 90's I dreamed of flying with the legendary Tomcat! I dreamed of engaging in air duels with fearsome migs (possibly Mig-'28') and ... going to bed with a beautiful blonde (but I still dream about that). Many many thanks Heatblur to your superb work!!!! I'm experiencing (virtually) those fantastic emotions (apart from the beautiful blonde).

By the way .... when will you make the beautiful blonde's DCS module??:thumbup:

+1 here.

And regarding the beautiful blonde, as long as they "feature" her like she was in 1986, it's fine by me.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I know I'm late to the party here, but I've been so busy at work and my free moments have been building the TARGET profile and training dudes up on the LANTIRN system.

That said, I had very high expectations for this module and you guys have exceeded them! We've been waiting for a good Tomcat since Fleet Defender, and not only have I been satisfied with everything I've seen, I'm still getting surprised by things I haven't seen before! You have raised the bar not only for DCS, but for combat simming as a whole.

Oh, and the soundtrack does take this up to eleven!

Just wanted to chime in and say amazing work as well! This is easily the most comprehensive at launch module ever released and easily my favorite.

The attention to detail and the love poured into this project is clear every time you fly it. Can’t wait to see the loose ends tighted up and what it becomes over time.

Thanks for all the hard work HB! Bought more shirts on your store and will be a continued supporter of your fantastic work!

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

Not sure if I remember saying things before now, but after some weeks of flying, I think it's a good time to get into it.

I wholeheartedly appreciate all the work and dedication made for this module. I recently listened to the Alert 5 podcast that talked about the F-14 and heard Cobra's take on it all, and rest assured that you have a lot of happy people in community for all your hard work and dedication. That you think things can be pushed even further is hard to believe!

Either way, I'm sure this project was a tough one to get through, but I know a lot of us really, really appreciate all the hard work in it. It's clearly the definitive F-14 simulation, and probably will be for so many years to come.

I knew it would be and it is ridiculously fun to fly. Just WOWOWOWOW.:pilotfly:

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I completely agree, both the F-14 and Viggen are amazing modules and sets the bar really high for others to follow. Please keep doing what you are doing Heatblur. ^^

Yep, I was so impressed with the Viggen. If anyone is not sure about getting it make sure you have that module in your collection it is simply superb. The Tomcat is incredible. I am literally going to spend years flying this.

Many have said it but the bar has been raised. Living my dream when I fly these things in VR.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this bird since the release but since then I was in shock... and it took me so much time to say: ...Thanks HB. This aircraft is pure art,it revives the "feeling" for a lot of ppl.

Thanks thanks, Kudos.

• 2 months later...

I can just agree and cheer to Heatblur.

The cat is just the best module I have ever tried. At the beginning I was sceptical because usually I like modern jets more.

But they managed to give the cat something like a "soul". I dont know how to describe it better. Its not just thats everything feels right it is more that everything is just right if you fly her - if that makes any sense.

Currently my F18 (which is also great) is just standing in the hangar and getting some dirt, because i cant stop flying the cat. :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody seems to be happy... But you ruined it!!!

I was happy flying the A10c and the Hornet, I really was. I couldn't fly the Tomcat because I played on my laptop with a little screen and wasn't able to read the instruments properly.

Now I have a new system and gave the Tomcat another try. Oh boy...

I can never go back to where I came from, those other planes feel just so boring. The F-14 is just amazing! And everything feels like I imagined it would feel in a real jet.

So thank you for ruining the A10 and the Hornet for me. I will never go back to them. It's Tomcat, baby!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 3 weeks later...

I have spent a lot of time over the past few weeks getting back into the Tomcat after taking a bit of a DCS break, and all I can say is how amazed and how grateful I am at the effort that has gone into and continues to go into the Tomcat.

It is simply a stunning achievement.

The team at Heatblur, supported by their SME's, has crafted a fitting tribute to the Big Fighter that is hands down the most amazing simulation ever created.

The B Model Tomcat is just the right mix of old and new, analog and digital, it captures the old school charm and grit of the excellent Community A-4E while offering the combat capability of the Hornet, all wrapped up in that iconic, sexy swing-wing shape that requires a steely-eyed and steady hand.

Words cannot express the joy and sense of awe I experience every time I fire up DCS and take the Big Fighter out for a spin in VR - I am almost 50 yrs old and 16 year old me is finally getting to live out those dreams of being a Naval Aviator inspired by The Final Countdown, Top Gun, and countless airshows in the 80's and 90's.

The feelings of accomplishment from successfully trapping 25 tons of pure American badassery are indescribable, as they also are when taking the temperamental beast out into the air combat arena - no computers to help, no magic arcade mode, just a faithful recreation of the last of the handflown flighters.

Since getting into DCS a couple years ago I have enjoyed the F-5E-3, the Harrier, the Hornet and the Community A-4E-C, but everything pales in comparison to the Turkey - the almost prehistoric effectiveness of its weapons and sensors, the surprising maneuverability, and the power, the brutal fight dictating power.

Sure, the Hornet is easier to use and has a wider variety of weapons, and yes the Hornet is far less likely to actively try to kill you, but what fun is that?

F-14B Tomcat, it's like being invited to an SCCA Rally by your friend with the track prep Miata, and showing up in a 454 Chevelle SS.

With eternal gratitude to the Heatblur team...

Bravo Zulu gentlemen, job well done indeed!

DISCO

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Happy to see I am not alone with my damn double carriage return problem in this humble forum ... :music_whistling:

Ah, and by the way:

The Viggen was the first DCS aircraft by HB (former Leatherneck) with integrated soul. The F-14 is the second one.

Now I have two of them. Its like having 2 girl friends.

Half time for each of them. DAMN.

So much aircraft for so little time. DAMN.

I think I have said this before somewhere, but the F-14 is THE MILESTONE.

There is much work to do to get it to 100% perfection, indeed.

But in this current state DCS with this aircraft and using VR is just a wet boy dream.

Couln't describe my impressions with other words.

If HB manages to use their resources cleverly, to move the thing forward out of Early Access (also the Viggen boys!!!), we have something like Michael Jackson was for the music industry in the 80's. It will then just be called "HeatBlur".

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

A truly wonderful module, first class just as the Viggen.

Here is something that I stumbled upon, definitely worth watching.

A great talk and video presentation of the design and evolution of the

F14 Tomcat.

Thank you HeatBlur team!

xG4GXq0.jpg

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I could go on and write 3 pages, but it still wouldn't beging to express how much I appreciate what you guys at HB have done. If anyone had shown me the HB Tomcat in VR when I was a little kid, watching Top Gun, building plastic model Tomcats and playing "Fleet Defender", well, I wouldn't have believed my eyes. It's waaaay beyond what I could dream of back then. I would have never imagined that one day I could have an experience so close to flying the real thing.

THANK YOU!

The mig 21 bis was always my favorite module because it just had that feel to it others didn't.

The first time I winged it and got Jester to talk me through a start up with vaicom, took off and experienced that afterburner kick, things shaking and rattling before I realized I was already at 39000 feet and promptly passed out because I didn't turn the oxygen system on (thanks for leaving that out Jester), it was just like winging it and trying out the mig21 for the first time again. Absolutely love it, the hornet is fun and all but that rough around the edges feeling can't be matched.

I just want to echo how FANTASTIC the F-14 is. It was a little daunting at first, and I still have miles and miles to go to mastering it, but I'm having a ball in the '14. BTW I'm in VR which makes it doubly so.

I've never felt so "into" a flight sim - it's a GREAT and BTW mentally active way to spend time.

Now back to the sim.

If you are new and haven't pressed forward in the 14', keep at it it will pay off like no other.

Wow.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked this module up on Friday. It's absolutely stunning. Granted the only other paid module I have is the uh-1 (love u, huey), but I can tell this f14 is a passion project. You guys earned every penny of the price of this game.

I've been flight simming off and on since the 90s and this module just screams masterpiece. It's like seeing the brush strokes of a van Gogh for the first time or something to that effect. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors, and hope to see more campaigns. I'm still busy learning the f14 so I haven't touched all the mission content yet but I know I'll want more lol

Banner EDForum2020.jpg