Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles

Bailey

Hey whenever I say "Jester BVR" voice attack recognizes the phrase but in DCS nothing happens and Jester says, "roger"

"Hey Jester" used to pull up the menu but doesn't anymore

What am I doing wrong

Ok. I’m going to ask a series of questions. Please answer them all to the best of your abilities.

0. Did you read the readmee?

1. What kind of keyboard do you have? QWERTY? AZERTY?

2. What key do you use to bring up the comm menu?

3. Do you, or have you ever used, or installed, or download VAICOM Pro?

4. What region are you in?

5. Did you import the keybinds.diff.lua?

6. What happened between it working and it not working? Installed mods? DCS updates? Reinstalled?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. I’m going to ask a series of questions. Please answer them all to the best of your abilities.

Hey Bailey I've always used your VA profile, it rocks! Only lately I've noticed the phrases "jester - select waypoint 1,2,3/fixed point/go home" etc phrases no longer work, even though everything else seems to still work ok. I do have VAICOM Pro installed, only because it removes the player voice when giving commands. I don't know how to do that manually since all the voice files were changed in an update.

0. i have read the readme

1. Qwerty

2. I use a button on my hotas throttle for the comms menu

3. Yes currently installed

4. Australia

5. I put the F14PilotKeyboard file you included in my user files/config/input/keyboard folder, now it sits along with the default keyboard.diff.lua file.

6. The only things to have changed between it working and not working are DCS updates and VAICOM updates.

Cheers man great work.

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

hi ....Links don't work animore ....please fix it .rar file is damaged .thanks very much

That's odd. I just tried it a few seconds ago and was able to get the download. Try again. Which link are you using? There are a few.

hey folks, after wasting a bit of money on VAICOM Pro and its associated packs, which I couldn't get to work, I'm now going to give this a shot. Can I ask if there's a setup guide anywhere? I've never used VoiceAttack before, other than my failed attempt at VAICOM, so any guides would be appreciated.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

hey folks, after wasting a bit of money on VAICOM Pro and its associated packs, which I couldn't get to work, I'm now going to give this a shot. Can I ask if there's a setup guide anywhere? I've never used VoiceAttack before, other than my failed attempt at VAICOM, so any guides would be appreciated.

The readme has most of the information you should need to get this started up and going. Feel free to post here, the ED Discord, or me personally on discord if you need any help. Bailey#6230

Now I feel like a tool - I couldn't see the readme first time around, went to look after your post, and BAM, there's the PDF! Thanks mate, even before reading this I was having a ball fooling around with it. Tanking is so much easier!

Can I ask if Tomcat Ball has been included, or any other supercarrier specific commands?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Now I feel like a tool - I couldn't see the readme first time around, went to look after your post, and BAM, there's the PDF! Thanks mate, even before reading this I was having a ball fooling around with it. Tanking is so much easier!

Can I ask if Tomcat Ball has been included, or any other supercarrier specific commands?

Haha, no problem. I seem to have that happen to me more times than I'd like to admit. I just embrace the "blindness".

As for SuperCarrier specific commands:

It uses the same DCS ATC format that was available before the release of the SuperCarrier. You know, the F menu. As you may also know, the F menu ATC changes based on your distance to each entity. The closer you are to Beslan, for example, the closer to the top of the list the Beslan option gets as you fly towards Beslan. Because of that, I cannot make a SuperCarrier VA profile that will fit everyone's situation. Sometimes the SuperCarrier will be F2 on the ATC list. Other times the SuperCarrier will be F8 even when you are 5 miles away due to the SuperCarrier being in a Carrier Battlegroup.

The only solution I can recommend for people using VA is to use your F1-12 commands as you normally would. When you get more comfortable, you can then make your own F menu commands. I have commands such as "Comms local ATC" which I ONLY use on the ground at an airport. Logically (DCS logic of course), the first airport on the ATC list should be the one I am at when I am there. You can try to use similar logic for the SuperCarrier.

Another tip is to make a command called "Roger Ball" that only presses F1. Keep in mind the limitations of using such a command. Use it smartly.

On ED's side, a communication menu specifically for the SuperCarrier would be nice. Kind of like how Ground Grew gets their own menu.

TLDR; You gotta do it yourself until ED has a different way to talk to the carrier.

It would be really nice if the one airfield/carrier on the frequency you had dialed in was the only thing you had menu options for - then you wouldn't have to worry about the dynamically changing F menus. It would force people to tune radios correctly, but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks for the detailed reply mate. You mentioned that I should be careful binding Tomcat ball to F1. Why is that? Can't I just bind it to a key that isn't used anywhere else, or are radio comms limited to function keys?

Thanks for the detailed reply mate. You mentioned that I should be careful binding Tomcat ball to F1. Why is that? Can't I just bind it to a key that isn't used anywhere else, or are radio comms limited to function keys?

Some modules may have the ball call as a bindable keyboard key or button (F18 ). Others may not. You must be careful in the sense that you have to use it in context. Let's say you made a command called "roger ball" that only pressed F1. If you were flying over Batumi and said "roger ball", VA would press F1 regardless of your intentions. If you aren't careful, it can result in unintended results.

User what you mean, makes total sense. Thanks again for this awesome profile.

I just made a "Cat Relaunch" command I'm going to try out since the function key business is wacked on the arrival menu to need to go back to Main Menu (F11), then Ground Crew (F8) then Request Launch (F8). Wish the ATC menu request launch would be tied into it again... especially since the Request Launch is F7 for Hornet...

A Supercarrier/ATC dedicated menu would be nice. Gotta see if See you at 10 is always the same.... I want to say it always is once you're in that menu in which case the local ATC thing picking the closest could work...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Oh, quick bit of feedback - click attack needs a 3840 x 2160 option for us 4K dudes. Unless it has one and I missed it?

Check again in the newest version. I added some resolution I cannot remember off the top of my head. If not, I need a 4K monitor to make a 4K click attack :D I accept donations.

Donations can also include a full res image of the jester menu. :P

I'll definitely donate to you, but not quite the cost of a 4K display!

Another silly question - how do i bring up the ATC menu? Saying ATC doesn't do anything? I'm trying to bring up the SC ATC for Case 1 recoveries.

I'll definitely donate to you, but not quite the cost of a 4K display!

Another silly question - how do i bring up the ATC menu? Saying ATC doesn't do anything? I'm trying to bring up the SC ATC for Case 1 recoveries.

Idk off the top of my head. I have recently used the command “comms” or “comms menu” to bring up the menu. If you want to take that a step further, duplicate the command and name it “comms ATC”. After renaming it, add ‘press F5’ to the command to get you to the ATC menu.

The donation link in the first post is now updated to:

https://www.paypal.me/asherao

Any amount towards a 4K counts :P

Edited by Bailey

Hmm, so comms or comms menu doesn't do anything for me. I've also searched the keyword list for anything relating to that, and I can't find anything?

Hmm, so comms or comms menu doesn't do anything for me. I've also searched the keyword list for anything relating to that, and I can't find anything?

Hmm. Try "ATC"

D74IHQD.jpg

Tomcat Ball, See you at 10, and Cat Relaunch worked fine as additions. Going to make some Kneeboard and then maybe a "Tomcat Inbound" as well. Hands off keyboard with Supercarrier is nice.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Tried ATC, still no go. I wonder if it's my Aussie accent? I did try putting on a fake American accent, which usually works, but that still didn't work. I'll try redoing the ATC command.

F3 has been kicking my butt. It's about 50/50. But most of the rest seem to work. I went through the training a couple times.

Specs & Wishlist:

hey guys, with Bailey's kind help I got my ATC working. To get VA to open the ATC menu when you say the letters A T C, just edit Bailey's profile in VA, and then find the ATC command. Double click it, and add the following:

1801296229_VAATC.jpg.14715a6ab977ff308956036ba13a6a44.jpg

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

• 2 months later...

Hello, I finally bought the full version of VA recently and installed this pack, having a few issues right off the bat though.

Firstly, some of the commands call a "beep-disconnected.wav" sound file which doesn't exist and is not provided in the pack.

Secondly, I currently use the special option for the radio menu "OPEN MENU: RADIO MENU KEY FOLLOWED BY PTT" and would like the profile to work with this. I guess I'll have to manually edit it, but just want to know if anyone has done this, what needs chaning and where do I start? And how would it interact for example with which radio I want to call on?

As part of this, I noticed that because I have a UK keyboard layout, the button it expects for comms menu \ doesn't work. Is there a quick way to change all the commands that use it? The in-game control mappings are mapped to \ but the VA profile is using a button that physically doesn't exist on my keyboard, if in VA I press the button that gives me \ in game, it selects #.

Finally, I have no intention of using ClickAttack (don't think I even can in VR), can I just delete these profile lines to stop it doing that intro action?

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4