Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles

Bailey

Hello, I finally bought the full version of VA recently and installed this pack, having a few issues right off the bat though.

Firstly, some of the commands call a "beep-disconnected.wav" sound file which doesn't exist and is not provided in the pack.

Secondly, I currently use the special option for the radio menu "OPEN MENU: RADIO MENU KEY FOLLOWED BY PTT" and would like the profile to work with this. I guess I'll have to manually edit it, but just want to know if anyone has done this, what needs chaning and where do I start? And how would it interact for example with which radio I want to call on?

As part of this, I noticed that because I have a UK keyboard layout, the button it expects for comms menu \ doesn't work. Is there a quick way to change all the commands that use it? The in-game control mappings are mapped to \ but the VA profile is using a button that physically doesn't exist on my keyboard, if in VA I press the button that gives me \ in game, it selects #.

Finally, I have no intention of using ClickAttack (don't think I even can in VR), can I just delete these profile lines to stop it doing that intro action?

1. It looks like one of the commands called "Voice Attack Off" is the one that calls "beep-disconnected.wav". That was in use before VA changed the way it does some sounds. You are ok to either replace the sound part of the command, delete the command, or ignore the command. If there are other commands that use "beep-disconnected.wav" please let me know specifically which ones.

2. I do not have experience using "OPEN MENU: RADIO MENU KEY FOLLOWED BY PTT". I tend to keep all my radios, chats, and voice command on different buttons so that they do not get tangled.

3. Yea, keyboard localization kinda stinks, try this:

-Open Voice Attack and click the Edit Profile button.

-In the search bar at the bottom, paste this without the quotes: "press "

-For every command that pops up (there should be only 2), those are the ones will you will change. Double click the commands and change every "\ |" to, in your case, "#".

-Repeat for every command you see. It shouldn't be too many. There are about 7 that you will change.

Let me know how those steps go!

4. Sure

1. It looks like one of the commands called "Voice Attack Off" is the one that calls "beep-disconnected.wav". That was in use before VA changed the way it does some sounds. You are ok to either replace the sound part of the command, delete the command, or ignore the command. If there are other commands that use "beep-disconnected.wav" please let me know specifically which ones.

2. I do not have experience using "OPEN MENU: RADIO MENU KEY FOLLOWED BY PTT". I tend to keep all my radios, chats, and voice command on different buttons so that they do not get tangled.

3. Yea, keyboard localization kinda stinks, try this:

-Open Voice Attack and click the Edit Profile button.

-In the search bar at the bottom, paste this without the quotes: "press "

-For every command that pops up (there should be only 2), those are the ones will you will change. Double click the commands and change every "\ |" to, in your case, "#".

-Repeat for every command you see. It shouldn't be too many. There are about 7 that you will change.

Let me know how those steps go!

4. Sure

Thank you very much for your help, your profile looks awesome and I'm looking forward to using it lots (with some small tweaks).

1. Yup, both on and off. unlikely to use either really but deleted the sound file line from both.

2. & 3. I can see now it basically boils down to "Comm reset" and "ICS Menu", as all the rest just cleverly call those. But I decided to change it up more than re-mapping the button, because I like my button setup and am happy to press the buttons to spawn the comm menu, and just VA from there. So I disabled all lines in "Comm reset" and "ICS menu" except the F11 x2, because the way I want to use it, I'll open the right radio manually, and I just need a small reset catch in case it's in a context menu. I'm assuming everything will just work from there.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Thank you very much for your help, your profile looks awesome and I'm looking forward to using it lots (with some small tweaks).

1. Yup, both on and off. unlikely to use either really but deleted the sound file line from both.

2. & 3. I can see now it basically boils down to "Comm reset" and "ICS Menu", as all the rest just cleverly call those. But I decided to change it up more than re-mapping the button, because I like my button setup and am happy to press the buttons to spawn the comm menu, and just VA from there. So I disabled all lines in "Comm reset" and "ICS menu" except the F11 x2, because the way I want to use it, I'll open the right radio manually, and I just need a small reset catch in case it's in a context menu. I'm assuming everything will just work from there.

Sweet! Sounds good. If you find a good way to use the new F14 PPT options, please swing by and leave some knowledge for the others that might want to use the same options with VoiceAttack.

I think my Windows voice recog must have gotten broken somehow - did a full reinstall of Windows, installed Bailey's F-14 profile, and it's working beautifully!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Sweet! Sounds good. If you find a good way to use the new F14 PPT options, please swing by and leave some knowledge for the others that might want to use the same options with VoiceAttack.

It should be fairly simple, I've changed it back now for "ICS menu" so all the "Chief" combos work without me needing to press things.

Basically, with the PTT option I have set, neither the \ key nor any of RShift+\, "RCtrl+\ etc open the radio menu on their own. Instead the \ key acts as a primer, that then makes any of the 3 "mic button" presses open the menu in that device.

So ICS menu is always two lines:

Press \

Press RShift + \

Same for UHF 1 or UHF 2:

Press \

Press RAlt + \ OR RCtrl + \

The conditional you have set inside "Comm reset" to open the right radio based on the set variable would probably need the lines that open and clear it brought into each condition, so it clears the right one.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 5 months later...

I am loving this profile, but have a question about Jester radio commands. Can I use this profile to get Jester to tune Radio 2 to a channel, without having to go through all the menus? In my squadron flights, we always use pre-programmed channels, and I'd like to be able to say something like "Jester tune button X", with X being the pre-programmed channel.

Anybody know how I can do this?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

1 hour ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I am loving this profile, but have a question about Jester radio commands. Can I use this profile to get Jester to tune Radio 2 to a channel, without having to go through all the menus? In my squadron flights, we always use pre-programmed channels, and I'd like to be able to say something like "Jester tune button X", with X being the pre-programmed channel.

Anybody know how I can do this?

You can do it pretty much by using VAICOM Pro.  I have been able to tell Jester, "Radio Frequency 118 decimal 0" and he will say "roger" and then I will see in my VHF/UHF2 repeater on the right side of the cockpit the frequency being changed.  He can also do TACAN ("TACAN mode transmit," "TACAN freq X-ray 018" and he will tune his TACAN.)

There's a way to have VAICOM Pro do button as well, but I haven't been able to get it to have Jester do it.  I'm sure there's a way I just honestly only started trying to figure that out today.

v6,

boNes

PS was a little late..saw that you had VAICOM Pro.  What was the matter with it?

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

22 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

PS was a little late..saw that you had VAICOM Pro.  What was the matter with it?

VA would recognise my commands, but VAICOM wasn't then converting them into actions within DCS. I spent too many hours trying to get it to work, whereas Bailey's profile seemed to work straight away. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb bonesvf103:

You can do it pretty much by using VAICOM Pro.  I have been able to tell Jester, "Radio Frequency 118 decimal 0" and he will say "roger" and then I will see in my VHF/UHF2 repeater on the right side of the cockpit the frequency being changed.  He can also do TACAN ("TACAN mode transmit," "TACAN freq X-ray 018" and he will tune his TACAN.)

There's a way to have VAICOM Pro do button as well, but I haven't been able to get it to have Jester do it.  I'm sure there's a way I just honestly only started trying to figure that out today.

v6,

boNes

There is a user made a Vaicom AIRIO command complement for Jester to switch preset radio buttons. You just say "push button x" (x being the corresponding number). Unfortunately I forgot who made that, but I found the relevant post in the Vaicom subforum here on this forum. Pretty much found it via Google search.

Edit: IIRC it was this. Works like a charm for me.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311045/

Edited by Jayhawk1971

8 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

There is a user made a Vaicom AIRIO command complement for Jester to switch preset radio buttons. You just say "push button x" (x being the corresponding number). Unfortunately I forgot who made that, but I found the relevant post in the Vaicom subforum here on this forum. Pretty much found it via Google search.

Edit: IIRC it was this. Works like a charm for me.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311045/

I don't use VAICOM Pro, so don't know if that'll work? Also, I use Bailey's VA profile - can I attempt to merge the one you've linked to, into Bailey's, without screwing it up?

Am 7.2.2021 um 00:52 schrieb GunSlingerAUS:

I don't use VAICOM Pro, so don't know if that'll work? Also, I use Bailey's VA profile - can I attempt to merge the one you've linked to, into Bailey's, without screwing it up?

Sorry mate, can't help you there. I never used Bailey's profile, so my guess is a good as yours. I've only ever used VAICOM Pro, and otherwise I'm a Voiceattack noob. The best I could accomplish was to set the space bar to a voice command (to verbally acknowledge checklist items in the Zone 5 campaign) . 🙂

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:16 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

Sorry mate, can't help you there. I never used Bailey's profile, so my guess is a good as yours. I've only ever used VAICOM Pro, and otherwise I'm a Voiceattack noob. The best I could accomplish was to set the space bar to a voice command (to verbally acknowledge checklist items in the Zone 5 campaign) . 🙂

Heads up for both of y’all and everyone else here, I updated the F14 profile to include “Push button 15” type commands for preset comm channels. 

Bonus info: You can normally “imbed” a profile within another profile by using Global Profiles. Search “Global” in the VA help PDF and it should pop up. There is another way that is not “global”, but I don’t use that option often enough to remember what it’s called. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just purchased VA and started to use the baileys f-14 profile. 

When i ask jester or iceman something the first few times it's ok.. but then i will say something like "iceman climb to 10000 feet" and the command is recognized but in DCS it just seems to go to the RADAR contextual menu. When I say nevermind and say iceman again it's still in the radar menu . If i say nevermind and then say jester it comes up with jester main menu. it seems to be a bug where jester doesnt go to the MAIN MENU when you say the keywork iceman or jester? 

Most of the commands stop working except mostly the radar and jester shutup menus. I only have been using it for about 2-3 hours and I don't know all the voice commands yet. But i love the profile so far. Except i would like to be able to get jester to fly level and change heading but it just does the radar menu when i say that. I seem to have all the keys mapped correctly. 

Any help would be apprciated.

• 7 months later...

I just imported this profile in Voice Attack, just a stupid question, how I make the commands work?

I am an old Vaicomm user (I am not using it right now) and there you just set PTT buttons on your hotas.

With this profile I cannot find where to set PTT, if I just talk nothing happens.

Is there something I am forgetting to set in Voice Attack?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

2 hours ago, VirusAM said:

I just imported this profile in Voice Attack, just a stupid question, how I make the commands work?

I am an old Vaicomm user (I am not using it right now) and there you just set PTT buttons on your hotas.

With this profile I cannot find where to set PTT, if I just talk nothing happens.

Thanks

You have to configure the PTT in the VoiceAttack settings. VAICOM works differently. Hence it's a plugin. 😊 

Cheers! 

6 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Thanks

Since you are not using VAICOM, you can follow standard Voice Attack voice recognition instructions in the VA Help pdf. I personally use it in open mic mode. Others use PTT. It is up to you. (Thanks @MAXsenna

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

Since you are not using VAICOM, you can follow standard Voice Attack voice recognition instructions in the VA Help pdf. I personally use it in open mic mode. Others use PTT. It is up to you. (Thanks @MAXsenna

Ok thanks to both of you...I don't have too much time to read manuals in this time frame...so sorry for the stupid question.

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

14 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Ok thanks to both of you...I don't have too much time to read manuals in this time frame...so sorry for the stupid question.

When all else fails... 😉

I don't really have time either. But the VAICOM and VoiceAttack manuals I did. And they are very good. 😊 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for this Bailey.

Curious has anyone made a printable list of commands, like a PDF or word doc?

I've read the PDF, and also seen the kneeboards but they are covering just the top level and from 2019 may be missing the new stuff.

I'm wanting to print a full reference list so I don't need to have VA open to check when something isn't recognized. Hoping someone has done it, otherwise I might have to try and find a way to export voiceattack to a text file or something.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Question - what do these commands for the F keys do?

I have a few macros to do things in the radio menu for certain things on the F10 radio options in multiplayer, and when I run these macros the log gets filled with these like the screenshot.

Am I safe to unbind all the F keys in voiceattack and have these lines activated by voice only?

Or is there a reason they need to pass through VA?

image.png

image.png

Edited by TAIPAN_

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods