Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles

Bailey

Version 1.75 is out. Pretty big update. Includes:

Jester ClickAttack

Kneeboard Files

updated READMEE

Some Sounds

Wingman Comms (modeled the Entire DCS Comm menus)

and more!

Check it out in the first post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235766

Version 1.75 is out. Pretty big update. Includes:

Jester ClickAttack

Kneeboard Files

updated READMEE

Some Sounds

Wingman Comms (modeled the Entire DCS Comm menus)

and more!

Check it out in the first post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235766

I know things are a WIP but just a heads up…

The AWACS command does not seem to work. When "AWACS" is spoken, only the main comms menu opens and does not progress into the AWACS submenu.

There is a bit of a discrepancy between the actual spoken ground crew commands available and what is displayed in the manual and on the kneeboards cards. I am a bit confused with what commands to say to turn on/off power and air.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Just downloaded and installed your VoiceAttack profile...absolutely incredible!

Thank you so much for this! Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

You have become a DCS legend!

Thank you! Hopefully we can make it even better!

~Bailey

I know things are a WIP but just a heads up…

The AWACS command does not seem to work. When "AWACS" is spoken, only the main comms menu opens and does not progress into the AWACS submenu.

There is a bit of a discrepancy between the actual spoken ground crew commands available and what is displayed in the manual and on the kneeboards cards. I am a bit confused with what commands to say to turn on/off power and air.

1. AWACS - What were the condition in which you noticed this? What mission? Was there an AWACS flying? Many (if not all) of the F14 Instant missions do not have an AWACS plane airborne. That could be a reason why you cannot contact them when you say AWACS. I had to search through the included missions and the first one I could find with and AWACS was "HB Bone Strike". Give it a try. Also, try it online when you know there is an AWACS flying about. In both of those cases when I said "AWACS" the correct menu popped up. If it still doesn't work give me a shout and tell me exactly what happened, what you saw, and what menus are on screen (a screenshot would be awesome!).

2. You are 100% correct with the discrepancies. I have fixed the following commands (silly missing semi-colons...)

"Chief turn on the ground power"

"Chief turn off the ground power"

"Chief connect ground air supply"

"Chief disconnect ground air supply"

so that they match the kneeboard.

Let me know exactly how the READMEE or kneeboard can be better. You many not be the only one a bit confused.

Updated to v1.751 in the main post. Thanks for the input!

~Bailey

Edited by Bailey

Thank you! Hopefully we can make it even better!

~Bailey

1. AWACS - What were the condition in which you noticed this? What mission? Was there an AWACS flying? Many (if not all) of the F14 Instant missions do not have an AWACS plane airborne. That could be a reason why you cannot contact them when you say AWACS. I had to search through the included missions and the first one I could find with and AWACS was "HB Bone Strike". Give it a try. Also, try it online when you know there is an AWACS flying about. In both of those cases when I said "AWACS" the correct menu popped up. If it still doesn't work give me a shout and tell me exactly what happened, what you saw, and what menus are on screen (a screenshot would be awesome!).

2. You are 100% correct with the discrepancies. I have fixed the following commands (silly missing semi-colons...)

"Chief turn on the ground power"

"Chief turn off the ground power"

"Chief connect ground air supply"

"Chief disconnect ground air supply"

so that they match the kneeboard.

Let me know exactly how the READMEE or kneeboard can be better. You many not be the only one a bit confused.

Updated to v1.751 in the main post. Thanks for the input!

~Bailey

Thank you for the quick response and fixes!!

For the AWACS, it's a mission I created myself. It's an E-2 orbiting at 20,000 and I can contact it the traditional way (\ for comms menu and mouse click). When I use VoiceAttack and say "AWACS", the comms menu comes up and displays ATC, Tanker, and AWACS and that's it. It doesn't go into the AWACS submenu showing the other options. The others work fine...I say ATC and it immediately shows all the airport options and when I say Tanker, it immediately shows Intent to fuel. In the VoiceAttack software, it recognizes my voice and the "AWACS" command just fine. I will look more into it though to see if it something on my end that I am missing but I didn't edit or change anything.

The kneeboard and readme are just fine...I was just confused as to what it was saying and why it wasn't working. All fixed now!

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work!

Thank you for the quick response and fixes!!

For the AWACS, it's a mission I created myself. It's an E-2 orbiting at 20,000 and I can contact it the traditional way (\ for comms menu and mouse click). When I use VoiceAttack and say "AWACS", the comms menu comes up and displays ATC, Tanker, and AWACS and that's it. It doesn't go into the AWACS submenu showing the other options. The others work fine...I say ATC and it immediately shows all the airport options and when I say Tanker, it immediately shows Intent to fuel. In the VoiceAttack software, it recognizes my voice and the "AWACS" command just fine. I will look more into it though to see if it something on my end that I am missing but I didn't edit or change anything.

The kneeboard and readme are just fine...I was just confused as to what it was saying and why it wasn't working. All fixed now!

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work!

What F Key does AWACS have in your mission? Can you try AWACS in an ED mission for me too?

In the VoiceAttack Profile AWACS is defaulted to F5 I believe. (Edit: F7)

~Bailey

Edited by Bailey

What F Key does AWACS have in your mission? Can you try AWACS in an ED mission for me too?

In the VoiceAttack Profile AWACS is defaulted to F5 I believe. (Edit: F7)

~Bailey

So, I don't know what changed between me flying this afternoon and my test tonight but the AWACS command now works as it should. Obviously an issue on my end and nothing on yours. My apologies for taking your time with this. I am truly puzzled though at what my issue was earlier. The only thing different tonight was that I didn't start TrackIR but I doubt that would have caused an issue because none of the other VoiceAttack commands had problems. Oh well, all fixed now...thank you again for everything!

FYI...both my mission and the Bone Strike Mission have AWACS as F7

So, I don't know what changed between me flying this afternoon and my test tonight but the AWACS command now works as it should. Obviously an issue on my end and nothing on yours. My apologies for taking your time with this. I am truly puzzled though at what my issue was earlier. The only thing different tonight was that I didn't start TrackIR but I doubt that would have caused an issue because none of the other VoiceAttack commands had problems. Oh well, all fixed now...thank you again for everything!

FYI...both my mission and the Bone Strike Mission have AWACS as F7

Interesting. What are your hotkeys for tIR5? Maybe they blocked some F keys? Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

~Bailey

Interesting. What are your hotkeys for tIR5? Maybe they blocked some F keys? Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

~Bailey

I had the Precision function in TrackIR mapped to an F key...forget which one. I disabled it since I never use it. Maybe this will help someone else troubleshoot in the future. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the Precision function in TrackIR mapped to an F key...forget which one. I disabled it since I never use it. Maybe this will help someone else troubleshoot in the future. Thanks again.

No problem.

~Bailey

The F14 VoiceAttack Profile has been updated to version 1.76. Nothing too ground breaking this time. Just added some PG airport changes from the recent DCS update and other minor changes.

Oh, you can now say "Jester select weapons" to Quick Dial to your weapons on the plane. That's cool, right?

Heatblur added a "Cancel Menu" command. Please read the READMEE for that. It is now a required keybind. Don't worry, it's in the first few pages.

Use the download link on the first post to check it out! https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235766

~Bailey

Hi guys,

I'm new to voice attack but can't seem to install the F-14 profile.

Voice attack gives me an error about a line in the XML file.

Aantekening-2019-04-26-173950.jpg

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this?

Best regards

Jorik

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

Hi guys,

I'm new to voice attack but can't seem to install the F-14 profile.

Voice attack gives me an error about a line in the XML file.

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this?

Best regards

Jorik

Hello. Try it again after updating to the newest VA version. Either I have modded mine a lot, or your looks a little older.

~Bailey

Hello. Try it again after updating to the newest VA version. Either I have modded mine a lot, or your looks a little older.

~Bailey

O God

I didn't notice that I had 1.4 installed.:doh:

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bailey, firstly, let me say thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending so much time and effort and such a frankly daunting project. As somebody who has never used VA before, and am only getting back into DCS after a few years' break thanks to the lure of the F-14, it's a magical experience.

I have one quick question. I'm still on the F-14 tutes, doing navigation. Somehow I managed to get Jester to dig down into the radar settings menus - is there a command to bring him back to the very base menu? Also, do you know any guides on how to print out the recorded commands - I found one that showed all the HTML commands but looking at your HTMI files it doesn't appear all are recorded, and you may have used different wording to what's in the HTMIL files?

Thanks again for your magnificent work.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I have one quick question. I'm still on the F-14 tutes, doing navigation. Somehow I managed to get Jester to dig down into the radar settings menus - is there a command to bring him back to the very base menu? Also, do you know any guides on how to print out the recorded commands - I found one that showed all the HTML commands but looking at your HTMI files it doesn't appear all are recorded, and you may have used different wording to what's in the HTMIL files?

Thanks again for your magnificent work.

Thank you for the praise! I am glad that you are enjoying the profile.

Currently there is no way to go 'back' through the menus. That is a HB/DCS limitation at the moment. If you want to get to the main menu, you'll have to say "Nevermind" and then "Jester" again.

To get a FULL list of the commands via HTML, follow the normal export procedures then select the HTML file type right before you save the export. I hope the pics below help you a bit.

Step 1: https://imgur.com/pge0FGU

Step 2: Chose the commands you want to export by checking or un-checking the boxes. Then click 'Export' in the lower right.

Step 3: Chose your save location and Save As HTML. https://imgur.com/5aVAmFW

Step 4: Check the boxes that you want displayed in the HTML file. Feel free to experiment.

This process is the same for every Voice Attack Profile which means you can create your own cheatsheets if you like.

~Bailey

You Sir, are a Prince amongst men, ta very much.

Saved me a s**t ton of work trying to figure it out myself...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

You dear sir, are a bloody legend. Thank you again. I'd be more than happy to pay for this profile, as I'm sure many would, so perhaps setting up a Patreon account for it might be a good idea?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Thanks for the thanks! It's nice to hear that you guys are getting good use out of it. As for the donations, I haven't given much thought about them in the past, but now that the F16 is on the horizon I think donations of any amount would help offset the cost of the module. 100% of all donations would go directly back into DCS VA module profiles by supporting the purchase of modules which in turn will allow more people to experience the wonders of VoiceAttack! Suggestions and feedback are welcome.

~Bailey

Quick question about this magnificent profile - what command do I use to speak to ATC? I've tried saying "ATC", "Communications" and "Backslash", none of which worked (I've got it default bound to \ to bring up the comms menu).

I'd love to be able to chat with the tower - do I need to tune the radio first or press a mic button?

Thanks for the thanks! It's nice to hear that you guys are getting good use out of it. As for the donations, I haven't given much thought about them in the past, but now that the F16 is on the horizon I think donations of any amount would help offset the cost of the module. 100% of all donations would go directly back into DCS VA module profiles by supporting the purchase of modules which in turn will allow more people to experience the wonders of VoiceAttack! Suggestions and feedback are welcome.

~Bailey

Hey Bailey,

Good job on this voice attack profile.

Two questions please

1. Can I use this profile for other modules like the FA-18C and A-10C

2. I am looking for ways to this with my odyssey + VR headset integrated microphone but I have not gotten to work.

Once again, thanks for sharing and for your time.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hey Bailey,

Good job on this voice attack profile.

Two questions please

1. Can I use this profile for other modules like the FA-18C and A-10C

2. I am looking for ways to this with my odyssey + VR headset integrated microphone but I have not gotten to work.

Once again, thanks for sharing and for your time.

Thanks!

1. No, you cannot. Here is a link to the F18 profile I made for DCS: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302954/. I have not updated it in a while, working on other projects. I have a personal A-10 Automatic Radio Tuning and Data Cartridge profile, but due to similar reasions, i have not been able to release it, yet. PM me if you want to take a look at it. Warning, it's gonna be messy, but it works!

2. I have no experience with VR headsets and VoiceAttack. I heard the mics on those things are not good for voice recognition. Like, at all. It might be good to check out the VA forums or the VA discord on that one.

~Bailey

Quick question about this magnificent profile - what command do I use to speak to ATC? I've tried saying "ATC", "Communications" and "Backslash", none of which worked (I've got it default bound to \ to bring up the comms menu).

I'd love to be able to chat with the tower - do I need to tune the radio first or press a mic button?

Hmm, that's odd. I went in game and said "ATC" and it popped right up.

1. What part of it does not work? Does nothing happen at all?

2. Make sure you can find these two commands in your profile: https://imgur.com/uTUg0mz. The first one that simply says 'ATC' is the one that will bring up the menu in-game. The second will determine which radio you use to contact ATC. So, first you'd tune ATC, then say "ATC on Radio One" (or Two, if thats the radio you tuned). After that you say "ATC" and it should pop up.

3. The above should work wil Easy comms On and/or Off.

If you are not sure if you are on the latest release, go ahead and re-download the VAP.H

~Bailey