Some problems with the RIO

Sunshadow

I just made my first flights as RIO and had some problems and questions:

- I set up a mission with 5 waypoints but they are not shown in the TID. No matter which settings I use. Do I have to load waypoints manually before flight? What do I have to do to show the waypoints in TDI and how can I share them with the pilot?

- The Tac Data page in the CAP panel only shows 3 waypoints. How can I select waypoint 4,5,...?

- The radar doesn't seem to spot any plane. We flew directly behind planes in a distance of 10-20nm and switched through all radar modes, elevation and angles - nothing appeared in the DDD and the TID is also empty

-

I9 9900K @ 5Ghz | MSI Z390 Gaming Carbon Pro | KFA2 GTX 1080 Ti | 64 GB Kingston HyperX 2666Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 250GB SSD | Pimax 5K+ | Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Wheelstand Pro Flight

The Tomcat navigation system only supports up to 3 normal waypoints (steerpoints). If you wanted to see more on the TID, you'd have to mark them as one of those special ones (Defended Point, Fix Point, Enemy Area, etc.).

Check TID Symbology under General Descriptions chapter.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html

Regarding the radar, if the targets are facing away from you and are at a similar speed, they would get filtered out in Pulse-Doppler modes. Try to use Pulse modes instead.

Check here for a demonstration.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!