Jester accidentally locking friendlies

jetstorm96

Normally when you ask for a Target lock or enemy lock Jester will IFF interrogate and of friendly will make a call out “we locked a friendly” and unlock the target. Tonight he locked a friendly and I ended up shooting down the friendly F-14 as I had no idea he was bad. This occurred twice and I have resulted to having to Monitor the f10 map and altitude readings. So bazaar!

Is there a way to IFF as the pilot? I’m so worried now about anything I lock

FYI

"Bogie" is specifically an aircraft of unknown identity that hasn't been confirmed either friendly or enemy. Once he locks it he can IFF it and then identify it as a friendly or an enemy (Bandit).

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I - as a human RIO - also had it some times that before STT lock I wouldn't get an IFF return.

I'd say in that sense Jester is nicely human in making mistakes that can cost you.

• Like 1

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• 2 years later...

I experienced a problem similar to what is described here during a MP game play last night. I asked Jester to STT lock the enemy ahead. After Jester locks up the bandit, he says "that's a friendly". I then break the lock and turn away to evade an incoming missile from the bandit. After successfully dodging the missile, I turn to ree engage the bandit by asking  Jester to lock up the enemy ahead. Jester locks up the same bandit and then says "that's a friendly." I break the lock again and attempt to notch a second missile fired by the bandit only to get shot down.