[NO BUG] Frames Good, Stutters Serious

CHINA_HAT_FWD

Hi All,

I'm experiencing some real issues with stutters with the Cat.

I normally run DCS on Med/High settings and have had no issues with stutters or frame rates with other modules (F18/M2000/A10C). My frame rates are good as per all other modules but I'm getting some severe stutters every 5-10 seconds with the Tomcat that are really making it unusable. I've been fiddling with settings for hours but can't shift the stutters even on the lowest settings.

Any ideas guys?

System info:

WIN 10 | i7-6700HQ @ 2.6GHz | RAM: 16 GB | GTX 960M |

Edited by IronMike

What is your pre load radius and your visibility range? You have a notebook GPU with 4GB of VRAM. I suspect this to be the limiting factor. Do you have DCS on an SSD? Every stutter corresponds to a small loading. This es either due to high loading latencies or because the (V)RAM is already full.

Did you run the DCS Repair?

Also you can delete the fxo and metashaders2 folders in your Saved Games/DCS.openbeta folder.

That might help you out with that.

It will just rebuild them when you run the game again.

I have had issues in the past with stuttering, my solution the first time was to completely re-install DCS. This included deleting everything in my saved games folder etc.

However that is not always an option nor a solution. What is did find is I had conflicting drivers with TrackIR and VB-Audio. I do recommend looking into that. If you have drivers that are clashing, specially something that is loaded into DCS, you'll get stutters. Do you have TrackIR?

❤️