Static objects don't show as destroyed in debriefing

Hello guys,

I am pretty new to FC and I have recently been creating my own missions. One think has struck me though. All the static objects that I destroy do not show in the debriefing page. In the debriefing I only have the weapons that I fired, but nothing is reported as destroyed.

In one of the missions I was creating you were supposed to destroy some helicopters in the valleys near Gudauta. However, the destroyed hellos only appear in the debriefing as destroyed when they are not set as static objects. And here comes the other problem. You can only set the take off/land waypoint in an airbase and I am in the middle of the valleys, far away from the nearest airbase.

So here goes my two questions:

1) Is it possible to have static objects be reported as destroyed in the debriefing, like helicopters, aircraft or buildings? --> This is not a problem for road vehicles as I can set a very short waypoint to the vehicle group and as it's not a static object I have them shown as destroyed in the debriefing page.

2) Is is possible to set the takeoff/land waypoints of a hello in an area outside the airfield, let's say the valleys where their makeshift base is located?

I did search the forums for an answer to these questions, but I found nothing. If this has already been answered before and someone could be kind enough to point to that direction, I'd be very glad. :happy:

Thanks in advance for all the help. :thumbup:

Ok got it. :thumbup:

Well, will have to use other targets on the ground other than helos then, as we can't have a FARP set up so they could take off and land far from an airbase.

Hope these things get fixed on Black Shark though. It's kind of bummer to have the static objects playing a purely aesthetical role in the game. :(

I do still use them in missions becayse they show up in the mission results(press " ' ") as part of mission objectives.

They can be part of Success/partial success/failure)

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

I think destroyed static objects do show up in the debriefing - IF they've been designated as Targets in the mission editor. But they always show up as destroyed buildings - no matter what the object was.

You can always use vehicles/helos operating in a low speed loop (begin loop/end loop) to simulate a static vehicle or hovering helo. The loop option for helos can make it seem like takeoff/landings outside an airfield.

Good suggestion Whiskey Romeo.

To the OP: you can also "delay" when the helos spawn...so using that in conjunction with Whiskey's tip you can perhaps "better" simulate a FARP (take-off times and such)

The whole Mission Editor (ME) in lomac needs a radical overhaul, I won't even bother to list what I believe are all its limitations. It is a pain in the neck re: statics, the fact you have to put them in one at a time (sigh), the fact you have to amend the "heading" of each individual sodding vehicle in a convoy/group to face a specific direction etc etc

Ooops, I said I wasn't going to list my pet peeves.

Aaaaaanyway, lets hope BS brings a radically improved and useful ME. The editor FC shipped with was fine in the beginning, but as soon as you want to do more complex or interesting missions, triggered or sequenced events, or just a large mission for an online server...it shows its limitations very quickly.

Good luck with your missions and I hope you enjoy lomac as much as well all do...and we do enjoy it, despite the bitching on these forums! (I've spent well over £3500 on this "hobby" so far so...I guess I'm an addict!)

Brew

I think destroyed static objects do show up in the debriefing - IF they've been designated as Targets in the mission editor. But they always show up as destroyed buildings - no matter what the object was.

You can always use vehicles/helos operating in a low speed loop (begin loop/end loop) to simulate a static vehicle or hovering helo. The loop option for helos can make it seem like takeoff/landings outside an airfield.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

The lack of destroyed static objects in the debrief has been reported previously. Only someone from ED can say if it is being addressed.

What about their persistency? Meaning, when placed in one mission of the campaign, they remain through the rest of the missions. And since their icons are missing, you cannot remove them. Really irritating.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Wow... those are really nice suggestions. Will try them asap. :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch ZoomBoy, WhiskeyRomeo and Brewber. I will try designating them as targets in the editor and I will also try to play around with the loop thingy. :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch you guys... also keeping fingers crossed for a BS overhaul in the Full Mission Editor. As a newbie I am already encountering these minor setbacks. I imagine what you mission designer buffs have to come up with to get some of these fine missions we have in the internet for download to work properly. :book: