[BUG] Incorrect stick position in cockpit.

some1

The neutral stick position is too far forward. In fact what we have as neutral position looks more like a forward position when the aircraft is unpowered and elevators are down.

1. The NATOPS says the stick should be able to travel 4 inches forward and 5.5 inches back. In game the forward stick travel is much smaller than the back travel.

2. If you move joystick forward, the stick animation will hit the stop at around 30% of joystick travel. But the elevators in the outside view continue to move to around 60-70% of joystick travel.

3. Compare with real video (aft at first, then neutral after touchdown)

Note that gearing between stick and elevators is nonlinear and the end result is -10 to 33 deg elevator travel.

lvevjGV.jpg

Edited by IronMike

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That would explain why you cant see the TID repeater without having the longest neck known to mankind.

Easiest workaround: Option to remove the stick.

option to remove stick will be in tomorrow Open Beta update.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

option to remove stick will be in tomorrow Open Beta update.:thumbup:

Are you serious ? l really hope so. heatblur has done a sooo amazeing job with this modüle, l just cant say thankyou anough. and thay are so good to listen to there comunity. hope thay dont listen to the ''balance boys'' :huh: its a simulation and all that… :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you serious ? l really hope so. heatblur has done a sooo amazeing job with this modüle, l just cant say thankyou anough. and thay are so good to listen to there comunity. hope thay dont listen to the ''balance boys'' :huh: its a simulation and all that… :smilewink:

Serious as a stroke...:huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Why not just fix it's position if it is really wrong instead of completely remove it ? I don't want to remove it.

Agreed - Would much rather keep it and have it in the REAL position! I understand it is very hard to see around in TrackIR thou, in VR it is not much of a major - but having it positioned correctly would help a lot!

It always seemed way too far fwd IMHO - but I haven't flown a Tomcat so yeah.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed - Would much rather keep it and have it in the REAL position! I understand it is very hard to see around in TrackIR thou, in VR it is not much of a major - but having it positioned correctly would help a lot!

It always seemed way too far fwd IMHO - but I haven't flown a Tomcat so yeah.

it will be a option to remove the stick by spessing a key bind like in the F-18 '' BACKSPACE'' if you like it there you dont remove it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it will be a option to remove the stick by spessing a key bind like in the F-18 '' BACKSPACE'' if you like it there you dont remove it.

Yes I realise this - what I said was that I would prefer to KEEP IT (i.e. NOT remove it) and have it positioned correctly.

What I would LIKE is for it to be correctly positioned - negating the need to remove it, even thou it is an option. Comprende?

Sry run out of ways to say it....

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I realise this - what I said was that I would prefer to KEEP IT (i.e. NOT remove it) and have it positioned correctly.

What I would LIKE is for it to be correctly positioned - negating the need to remove it, even thou it is an option. Comprende?

Sry run out of ways to say it....

:=)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm that the movement ranges are borked at the moment; we forgot to change an animation parameter. Won't make it for today's patch.

ohh l was so excited that we would get a hide stick option today :/

PS: OMG You added the option..!!!! You are the BEST.

Edited by 1Shot1KiLL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]