Question about the ADM-141 TALD

MobiSev

the ADM-141 TALD has a turbojet engine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

The ADM-141A and B TALD are guided gliders, the ADM-141C Improved TALD has a turbojet for extended range

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Have jester select it in the ground ordinance menu, master arm on, AG mode and hit the pickle button. It will release from the bottom of your jet and glide on the heading you released it on. You can release multiple depending on your ripple settings.

I think the correct release speed is Mach 0.8. Other than that, I think you want to fly a profile so that it crosses the SAM's engagement zone at the perfect altitude to be a nice, juicy target. My tactic is to go range in nautical miles x 1000 feet, and then drop 10 miles outside the SAM's rMax for safety reasons. The TALD has about a 10-1 glide ratio, so I want to drop at about 6,000 feet above the altitude it needs to cross into the SAM's range at.

So, a sample mission would be

SA-15 (Tor)

Range - 6.5nm

Altitude at rMax - 6,500 feet

Drop Profile - 12,500 feet, Mach 0.8, at 16.5 nautical miles, within 10 degrees off the nose on either side of the SAM

I've been going with 1 for short range sites (SA-8/15), 2 for medium (SA-2/3/6/11), and all four for the long range sites (SA-10). Also, given the extreme distance involved for the SA-10, it's probably acceptable to halve the altitude needed for the TALD to cross into its engagement zone at, so you could get away with dropping at 25-30 thousand feet.

This whole strategy is moot, however, if you don't have an equally capable SEAD aircraft shadowing you and your TALD swarm at all times.

Edited by Bad Idea Hat

good info, and thanks for correcting my incorrect response

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals