HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Are you running mixed reality for steamvr beta? It was only when I changed from standard to beta I got the new resolutions (74%=2160x something close)

Yes Im running the beta 1.6.10

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Speaking of SteamVR

I updated SteamVR to the beta version. But I need to be running SteamVR for WMR? Or?

Anyhow, on the non-beta I saw somewhere that I was running motion reprojection, but not smoothing, now that I have the beta, I can't find that same page showing that. But I see stuff locked at 45 more so I assume thats either reprojection or smoothing?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just got my second Reverb and I have 1903 with latest July 26 build and I also have to use 188% Steam VR to get a resolution 2204 x 2160. My new Reverb also came with cable clip too and boy oh boy the clarity is awesome. My Experience for number two is night and day from my first Reverb that had issues 10 seconds in.

Do you have the chromatic abberation issue? I'm wondering if my set is "special" or not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ok I went to properties for Windows Mix Reality in steam library and check beta and it installed WMR beta to steam and now I have SS 76% as 2196x2148 resolution.

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Do you have the chromatic abberation issue? I'm wondering if my set is "special" or not.

Not that I notice but only had it for about 30 minute an used it in DCS for about 2 minutes lol.

Here is the new clip

IMG-0935.jpg

Edited by Naruto

Yes Im running the beta 1.6.10
That is SteamVR beta. You need to change Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR to beta (current version 1.0.582.). It should be in your Steam Library under software I think

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Ok after I played for a bit, I do see it ever so slightly and only at the very horizontal edge of the displays and only when I turn my eyes towards it while keeping my head straight ahead looking down the nose of the plane I'm flying. I never would have noticed it if I wasn't looking specifically for it so it not a issue for me and I think its negligible for myself. I also only see it on the canopy frame edges and not the terrain.

So far liking the Reverb alot more than my last one and getting about 50-65 FPS with fairly high DCS graphics settings and with 100% Steam SS and DCS PD 1.0.

My only complaint is it feels a little jittery when looking out the side of the canopy while banking unlike the smoothness of the Index even with 45 FPS on the Index. I dont get any ghosting but the clarity of the Reverb is 1000 times better than the Index though IMO.

So far no flickering and no dimming of the screens.

Edited by Naruto

That is SteamVR beta. You need to change Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR to beta (current version 1.0.582.). It should be in your Steam Library under software I think

Yup found it and WMR is now at beta in steam. Thank you.

That doesn't solve the issue unfortuantely. It happens when trying to click on something that is at the back of the cockpit to the left or right. Stuff on the desktop gets activated at times without knowing it until you take off the VR headset!
Weird. The only time I had the issue described I took the headset off and realized I wasn't in full screen mode and the mouse had wondered out if the VR window into the desktop.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

btw, I get the wierd 'lightning' flashes when I try to turn SteamVR up to 150%. I tend to just keep it at 100%

I do get wierd behavior when I change the "motionReprojectionMode" setting. Sometimes the headset doesn't render the steamvr room after that - just dark with the white dot. So I have had to reboot computer/unplug device

Speaking of SteamVR

I updated SteamVR to the beta version. But I need to be running SteamVR for WMR? Or?

Anyhow, on the non-beta I saw somewhere that I was running motion reprojection, but not smoothing, now that I have the beta, I can't find that same page showing that. But I see stuff locked at 45 more so I assume thats either reprojection or smoothing?

Motion smoothing does not work with WMR headsets. They use reprojection instead.

I ended up enabling force half rate with reprojection instead of reprojection auto. It gives good results, but still tweaking on my new build.

I still do not have the butter smoothness I had on my old rig, so something is awry. Early days yet.

Goes to show once again, it does not matter how great a rig you have, the main bottleneck in VR is not CPU or GPU, it is DCS VR optimisation.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Found I can reduce the jittery effect by enabling motion reprojection in the WMR VR setting file. File is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings and called default.vrsettings. Use notepad++ to edit it by uncommenting "motionReprojectionMode" : "auto",

Edited by Naruto

Ok after I played for a bit, I do see it ever so slightly and only at the very horizontal edge of the displays and only when I turn my eyes towards it while keeping my head straight ahead looking down the nose of the plane I'm flying. I never would have noticed it if I wasn't looking specifically for it so it not a issue for me and I think its negligible for myself. I also only see it on the canopy frame edges and not the terrain.

So far liking the Reverb alot more than my last one and getting about 50-65 FPS with fairly high DCS graphics settings and with 100% Steam SS and DCS PD 1.0.

My only complaint is it feels a little jittery when looking out the side of the canopy while banking unlike the smoothness of the Index even with 45 FPS on the Index. I dont get any ghosting but the clarity of the Reverb is 1000 times better than the Index though IMO.

So far no flickering and no dimming of the screens.

Yeah its hard to see in DCS, its much easier to see in the cliff house, or better yet the WMR house with the white walls.

Got mine today all I can say is wow! Played from 230 until 945 with a break for food but I left it on and no issues at all.

One question does looking down in the hornet cockpit look foggy ? The ufc and all the black up front is dark but below the canopy bil it looks foggy on all colors ,is it a dcs setting or something? Its not because it isn't oled because its just in the hornet cockpit everywhere else is fine.

Got mine today all I can say is wow! Played from 230 until 945 with a break for food but I left it on and no issues at all.

One question does looking down in the hornet cockpit look foggy ? The ufc and all the black up front is dark but below the canopy bil it looks foggy on all colors ,is it a dcs setting or something? Its not because it isn't oled because its just in the hornet cockpit everywhere else is fine.

Is the headset on your face seated properly? It could be the ipd software setting that's doing that.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I ran it like that for about a month and then switched it to where it is on all of the time with the other setting. It is even smoother for my setup. :smilewink:

Found I can reduce the jittery effect by enabling motion reprojection in the WMR VR setting file. File is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings and called default.vrsettings. Use notepad++ to edit it by uncommenting "motionReprojectionMode" : "auto",

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I think I read changing the gamma setting affected the washed out color appearance. Maybe it's too high. What is it set at?

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I ran it like that for about a month and then switched it to where it is on all of the time with the other setting. It is even smoother for my setup. :smilewink:

What other setting are you talking about ?

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

What other setting are you talking about ?

There are two parameters. "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

"motionvector" or "Auto". I am using "motionvector" which is on all of the time. "Auto" turns it off when it hits 90 FPS or goes below 45 FPS.

-

-

-

-

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

EagleCash had suggested a powered USB port for running the Reverb.

I picked up the recommended item https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this in preparation for when I actually purchase the reverb I am running the SO+ right now.

The card has the power cable plugged in and a single green led is on

The card has the front panel USB like 20pin connector plugged in

The card has the online driver installed for win10

Device manager recognizes the USB ports as "Fresco" or something like that

My Hotas and other items plugged into the card work normally

WMR says that an incompatible windows driver is installed and will not connect the SO+

Any Ideas?.... works again when plugged into MB usb port

Thanks

-Gun

I picked up the recommended item https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this in preparation for when I actually purchase the reverb I am running the SO+ right now.

WMR says that an incompatible windows driver is installed and will not connect the SO+

Thanks

-Gun

Word of advise, I bought that device and it fried my trackir and a wireless USB stick the very first time I plug them into it. Good thing I was able to return everything to amazon but I would not trust a Inateck to power my $650 HMD. Im using my motherboard 3.0 USB and have had zero issues with my second Reverb so far after about 10 hours of use.

Thanks

-Gun

Gun jam.

Reverb is VERY sensitive to USB drivers. Go into device manager and find your new card on the list then /update driver / select driver from list on this PC.

Find one ending with (Microsoft) and install that.

You will likely find one named something like fresco logic FL1100 usb driver (Microsoft).

As opposed to plain vanilla fresco logic FL1100 usb driver. Which is what you likely have now.

Avoid ASmedia drivers like the plague unless they have (Microsoft) at the end.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.