HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

That's the first I have heard of an inateck card doing this and these have been recommended for years as they where supposedly recommended by Oculus themselves hardware they tested in-house with.

Seem the windows 1903 and the Fresco drivers has some issues at least with the S.

No surprise if they cause problem with VR in general.

But upgrading to 1903 that then that card has been solidly running my cv1 for two years, that's hmd itself and both sensors, and the S for a bit.

Neither of the two current drivers work for the S, the Fresco driver didn't even recognise the S to the pc, the MS drivers recognise but image in the device freeze.

No issue running from motherboard though, I connected the hotas hub to the card now and they work fine.

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

There are two parameters. "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

"motionvector" or "Auto". I am using "motionvector" which is on all of the time. "Auto" turns it off when it hits 90 FPS or goes below 45 FPS.

-

-

-

-

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

That's the chappie I was looking for.

I had that set on my old rig and could not for the life of me remember what word replaced auto.

I have been using " force application to always run at half frame rate with motion vector reprojection".

It works ok, but the cockpit can get a little jittery when sat on the ground.

Thanks Secoda. :)

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

EagleCash had suggested a powered USB port for running the Reverb.

I picked up the recommended item https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this in preparation for when I actually purchase the reverb I am running the SO+ right now.

The card has the power cable plugged in and a single green led is on

The card has the front panel USB like 20pin connector plugged in

The card has the online driver installed for win10

Device manager recognizes the USB ports as "Fresco" or something like that

My Hotas and other items plugged into the card work normally

WMR says that an incompatible windows driver is installed and will not connect the SO+

Any Ideas?.... works again when plugged into MB usb port

Thanks

-Gun

That's the exact card I have had in my rig for the last 3 years (recommended by Oculus as having been tested with the CV1 and sensors), and it has been transferred from one 5960X build to my current 8700K build, both with Windows 10 installed. Never had a problem with it. I was thinking that the difference may be that I had the card already installed before the OS even went on the rig, because that was the case when I built the 8700K. But when I had my 5960X, that card was installed after I had been using the rig for a while. I even recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903, with the WMR fix, and it still works like a champ. Sorry, Gun, wish I was more help. Hopefully someone else has had the driver issue and knows how to fix it. This wouldn't be the first time we've all seen a hardware manufacturer that releases a "new and improved" version of something that doesn't work without jumping through a bunch of flaming hoops. :doh:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

There are two parameters. "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

"motionvector" or "Auto". I am using "motionvector" which is on all of the time. "Auto" turns it off when it hits 90 FPS or goes below 45 FPS.

-

-

-

-

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

This is what I was doing too, keeping reprojection on all the time with "motionvector" stopped my FPS fluctuating so much and provided smoother gameplay.

HOWEVER...the last WMR for SteamVr Beta patch totally messed up reprojection on my system. I now have to turn it off completely as both the "auto" and "motionvector" settings give me severe jittering and reduce framerates down into the low 20s making the game unplayable (I was getting 45 - 60 before).

I have tried reinstalling both WMR for Steam VR and Steam VR, but the problem still persists. Would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with latest version of WMR for SteamVR Beta.

System: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard | Gigabyte RTX2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) @ 3200 MHz | Corsair RMi Series RM650i | DCS Installation Drive: 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | HP Reverb Pro

Sim Controls: VKB Gunfighter MkIII MCG Pro | LH VKB Kosmosima | Pro Flight Trainer Helicopter Collective | VPC Mongoos MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | 2 X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | 2 X Elgato Stream Decks (15 Keys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EagleCash had suggested a powered USB port for running the Reverb.

I picked up the recommended item https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this in preparation for when I actually purchase the reverb I am running the SO+ right now.

The card has the power cable plugged in and a single green led is on

The card has the front panel USB like 20pin connector plugged in

The card has the online driver installed for win10

Device manager recognizes the USB ports as "Fresco" or something like that

My HOTAS and other items plugged into the card work normally

WMR says that an incompatible windows driver is installed and will not connect the SO+

Any Ideas?.... works again when plugged into MB usb port

Thanks

-Gun

That's the exact card I have had in my rig for the last 3 years (recommended by Oculus as having been tested with the CV1 and sensors), and it has been transferred from one 5960X build to my current 8700K build, both with Windows 10 installed. Never had a problem with it. I was thinking that the difference may be that I had the card already installed before the OS even went on the rig, because that was the case when I built the 8700K. But when I had my 5960X, that card was installed after I had been using the rig for a while. I even recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903, with the WMR fix, and it still works like a champ. Sorry, Gun, wish I was more help. Hopefully someone else has had the driver issue and knows how to fix it. This wouldn't be the first time we've all seen a hardware manufacturer that releases a "new and improved" version of something that doesn't work without jumping through a bunch of flaming hoops. doh.gif

AS I understand the need for such card, the point is to disburden power usage from MB. If you connect all of your power consumers on just one power source you are losing the point to have such card anyway.

Try to connect your HOTAS and everything rest to MB USB and on that USB card only HMD or even oposite. Make this USB card dedicated Power supply for your HMD and let rest of device drain power true MB.

I'm just guessing but it is logical and didn't notice anyone mention this in that way. Worth to check it out, it is simple chack.

AS I understand the need for such card, the point is to disburden power usage from MB. If you connect all of your power consumers on just one power source you are losing the point to have such card anyway.

Try to connect your HOTAS and everything rest to MB USB and on that USB card only HMD or even oposite. Make this USB card dedicated Power supply for your HMD and let rest of device drain power true MB.

I'm just guessing but it is logical and didn't notice anyone mention this in that way. Worth to check it out, it is simple chack.

Yup. That's exactly what I do. The USB card is for the HMD only. Then I have an external, self-powered hub for the HOTAS. The external hub provides enough power for the HOTAS, and it makes plugging everything in a lot easier.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Too many layers of software. :cry: I won't update anything until you get it working again. Mine still works fine. What craziness.

This is what I was doing too, keeping reprojection on all the time with "motionvector" stopped my FPS fluctuating so much and provided smoother gameplay.

HOWEVER...the last WMR for SteamVr Beta patch totally messed up reprojection on my system. I now have to turn it off completely as both the "auto" and "motionvector" settings give me severe jittering and reduce framerates down into the low 20s making the game unplayable (I was getting 45 - 60 before).

I have tried reinstalling both WMR for Steam VR and Steam VR, but the problem still persists. Would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with latest version of WMR for SteamVR Beta.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Well looks like newer HP Reverbs Pro HMDs only get a 13 month warranty now. I thought it was three years for a Pro version?

HP-Warranty.jpg

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

The one I returned is still out there. This was a direct HP buy. How long do you have for a full refund?

WQ66zLb.jpg

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

The one I returned is still out there. This was a direct HP buy. How long do you have for a full refund?

WQ66zLb.jpg

I bought from ShopBLT so no refund unless there is a warranty claim within 30 days. I don't plan on refunding but its curious that mine is only good for 13 months direct from HP.

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Going to the spec section now shows only 1 year warranty too.

https://store.hp.com/app/pdp/hp-reverb-virtual-reality-headset-professional-edition

Well looks like newer HP Reverbs Pro HMDs only get a 13 month warranty now. I thought it was three years for a Pro version?

https://ibb.co/CsTgdPJ

I bought from ShopBLT so no refund unless there is a warranty claim within 30 days. I don't plan on refunding but its curious that mine is only goof for 13 months direct from HP.
So strange as that's what I read too. That is probably a mistake. Contact support and see what they say about the warranty.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

https://ibb.co/CsTgdPJ

Yeah I also noticed this discrepancy.

Also, how does one file a warranty claim for those guys that have done it.

My set is working fine, but I've had it for 4 whole days so far.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think I read changing the gamma setting affected the washed out color appearance. Maybe it's too high. What is it set at?

I had to change mine siginificantly coming from the rift 1.8 to like 1.4 or 1.3 IIRC.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Too many layers of software. :cry: I won't update anything until you get it working again. Mine still works fine. What craziness.

I just got the new steam vr update and it was "challenging'. Went back into settings and found out that the set motionvector setting had been struck out again. Removed the slashes and everything is butter smooth.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I just got the new steam vr update and it was "challenging'. Went back into settings and found out that the set motionvector setting had been struck out again. Removed the slashes and everything is butter smooth.

Will be good in the future to create a backup setup file before the upgrade. At least for comparison in Notepad ++.

Okay I got it working (again I have the SO+ right now) Im just doing this ahead of time so I wont have to mess with it when the reverb shows up someday.

Inateck said to use the windows driver with WMR. I simply uninstalled the inateck driver and went to device manager and said update driver. It said the best driver was already being used.

Plugged the SO+ in and it worked fine. Im assuming the reverb will work fine as well.

Im using the inateck only for the headset and my monitor has USB output so I plugged those into the inateck as well so I can have USB 3 on my monitor which I use rarely for USB items usually cell phone. The front panel USB is also running on the inateck internal connector.

Everything seems good to go now

Thanks

Those guys. Thanks for the work.

Contacted HP Support and the Reverb Pro is only a one year warranty via a case I opened for investigation. Those that got three years, consider yourselves lucky or you may want to double check if your warranty is in fact 3 years.

Hello XXX,

I confirmed with our product team, the only warranty offered on this device is the 1 year warranty. According to my leads and all the documentation for the system only a 1 year warranty is available, there is no 3 year option.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks

HP Technology Services

HP Workstation Support

HP CE Assist

T +1 800-334-5144 (Commercial/Workstation Support)

T +1 888-472-2737 (HP Support 1/Priority Services)

T +1 888-654-9298 (Sprout Support)

HP Inc.

2351 HP Way

Rio Rancho, NM, 87144

United States

"Our aim is to deliver best in class customer service", Share feedback with my Manager :

The current HP Datasheet on the Reverb Pro now also says one year. That just makes it more appealing at places with the best return/refund policy IMO. I suspect the commercial customers are getting three.

The current HP Datasheet on the Reverb Pro now also says one year. That just makes it more appealing at places with the best return/refund policy IMO. I suspect the commercial customers are getting three.

Looking inside my HMD, it says 1 year warranty too. Oh well.

IMG-0943.jpg

It's very rare that the consumer version would get 3 years and the pro model only one year. In the US very few products have a manufacturer warranty more than one year any way. At least that's how it is with most electronics. In Europe it's bit different.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

It's very rare that the consumer version would get 3 years and the pro model only one year. In the US very few products have a manufacturer warranty more than one year any way. At least that's how it is with most electronics. In Europe it's bit different.

HP support did not have the Reverb as part of their consumer division. It took the customer service rep a few minutes to figure out the Reverb is part of their commercial division before he found their phone number to transferred me to their customer support.

HP support did not have the Reverb as part of their consumer division. It took the customer service rep a few minutes to figure out the Reverb is part of their commercial division before he found their phone number to transferred me to their customer support.
Ah in that sense consumer I'm thinking us but in reality it means businesses. Makes more sense now.