HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Right - as long as it has an upgrade path to the next Intel chip you may need or other hardware changes you may need say twelve months down the road so you don't have to do it again.

I bought everything on sale from Micro Center but built it myself and had a bugaboo of a time thinking there was a problem with the MB. I have my gaming PC setup in our home theater and use an 82" Samsung 4K QLED TV as the gaming monitor (which is fabulous BTW) but the ASUS MB would not recognize the monitor routed through an AV receiver to boot up. While there is a bios switch for this it didn't help. I ended up routing the video direct but wasted a lot of time (a full day) figuring it out. ASUS support helped a little. LOL

DCS sound and music routed through a Dolby atmos AV home theater system is spectacular btw.

Doesn't have to be an ROG Mobo. I have a z370e Asus board and it works fine for wmr and my original odyssey. Any recent Mobo that supports the newer Intel chips should also support avx instructions.

I also recommend microcenter if it's close to you because changing a Mobo isn't tough but it's time consuming so if anything does not boot up or post it's easy to return to microcenter. My second build, a brand new Asus board never booted up so I took it back and they let me get a different one no questions asked.

The cockpit is HUGE. lol

jMP6HmU.jpg

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Cool. That is definitely the fun route IMO. :thumbup:

I don't live anywhere near a Microcenter and the closest Frys is about a 3 hour drive.

I might just build a new PC, it's been a while anyways.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I don't live anywhere near a Microcenter and the closest Frys is about a 3 hour drive.

That's unfortunate, in that case make sure to spend a proper amount of $ for a good board. Gigabyte and Asus are pretty good with neat features now. My brother has my gigabyte g1 board now when I switched to the 8700k processor and it's still running fine (it's probably 3 years old now if not older).

Make sure it has the right amount of USB ports as last year I noticed several mobos were skimping out on the number of 3.0 ports available. Should not be an issue if you add a USB card but I like to have them on the board since I use mostly all of them.

Pcie ssd and m2 slots should be standard by now on most boards. As long as you future proof it for whatever you may want to add. If you do only just buy a board just check to make sure your ram will work.

Most new boards will support ddr4 but if you are building a new system your current ram sticks won't matter as you may need new ones anyway.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I usually go Asus, but I think i might go with an MSI MPG Pro Carbon this time around.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I think the next time I would go Gigabyte. I guess it depends who one asks. I like the RGB options but many don't like that.

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-motherboards/

I usually go Asus, but I think i might go with an MSI MPG Pro Carbon this time around.

Some friends are in awe of the RGB and others make fun of it. lol

Q2JbMAo.jpg

Edited by Secoda

I think the next time I would go Gigabyte. I guess it depends who one asks. I like the RGB options but many don't like that.

Q2JbMAo.jpg

Very nice case. I have an entho evolve tempered glass case which is very heavy but looks really nice. I don't mind the rgb as long as I can configure them to turn off. Gigabyte has some nice sound options too integrated. My Asus also has this but with the latest windows 10 their standalone app that enhances the audio doesn't work so I have to use the built in windows one for Asus which was a bit weird at first.

If I remember correctly the first time I chose gigabyte too because they had a lot of USB 3.0 ports on the back.

Funny, I have mine on a wooden plank too under my desk haha.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Q2JbMAo.jpg

I have no issues with RGB! :)

I'm still trying to decide which board to go with. I'm considering the Gigabyte/MSI/Asrock boards. The MSI board I mentioned above has a really limited memory compatability list for GSkill (my favorite memory brand) so I may remove that one.

I'd Ike to keep the build below $3500 total.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

I think nearly everything was on sale as I bought the stuff from MC (you can buy online as well) plus they gave me a discount on anything that wasn't on sale of 10%. (I think it was because I was buying an entire PC build). I did just add a 1 TB Inland M.2 NVMe drive ($99 on sale) and cloned the bootable SSD/local drive to it for fast loading (Windows in about seven seconds and much faster on DCS loads) but it was about $3600 (after tax) total last March but I bought a decent gaming mouse and keyboard as well which you might not need and that included Windows 10 Home so that is maybe $250 one might not have to spend in an upgrade. The video card selection is the big variable. :-)

The ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 OC performs real well but is overclocked quite a bit. The new RTX2080 Super is arriving shortly ($699) so $100 less than the RTX2080 OC. Maybe the Ti's will drop.

Most of the RGB stuff is software controlled these days. Even the mouse and keyboard via Synapse for Razer. AURA RGB for everything else.

I have added an air purifier in the home theater and the board under the PC to minimize the dust buildup in the room and PC. The Corsair 570X case has filters and before the purifier they would get dust on them fairly quickly. Ideally there would be no carpet.

I have no issues with RGB! :)

I'm still trying to decide which board to go with. I'm considering the Gigabyte/MSI/Asrock boards. The MSI board I mentioned above has a really limited memory compatability list for GSkill (my favorite memory brand) so I may remove that one.

I'd Ike to keep the build below $3500 total.

Edited by Secoda

I am thinking of going for the Reverb Pro.

Anyone think I could get by for now with i7-6700 (not K), 32 GB DDR4 RAM, and ASUS 1080ti?

Nothing over-clockable. Processor has Max Turbo Frequency 4.00 GHz for what that's worth.

Thanks

Pizmo

Edited by Pizmo

So I’ve had my new Reverb up and running now for two days albeit in between my wife, kids and work that have to come first.

If you’ve been having fun in DCS VR up to this point with something like the Rift then get your hands on one of these bad boys now! It’s a big step up from my CV1 that justifies the money, there are hurdles to overcome, most of which are well covered in this thread in fact but the resolution it’s extremely good, not perfect but given the processing requirements are close enough for now.

I’ve had some tracking problems which I’m guessing are to do with the colours and lighting around my computer and I’ve had a couple of brief appearances of the Steam screen for perhaps 1-2 seconds (perhaps once per twenty minutes so far) which I will endeavour to work on but I am getting great visual clarity in the centre section of the side of this area there is some small distortion but it’s still much better than my Rift was in those areas. I think it’s only noticeable because SDE is now an irrelevant term.

After switching on motion reprojection the smoothness is excellent, albeit there is a noticeable but acceptable deterioration when dogfighting near clouds up close to something like a Mig 29.

Nothing I have is over clocked and my dodgy IPD measurement suggests I should leave well enough alone in that regard, I’m just getting back to my flying for now and having a ball.

Now I can finally see “the ball” from as far out as 2-2.5 miles.......so that’s what it looks like!

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I am thinking of going for the Reverb Pro.

Anyone think I could get by for now with i7-6700 (not K), 32 GB DDR4 RAM, and ASUS 1080ti?

Nothing over-clockable. Processor has Max Turbo Frequency 4.00 GHz for what that's worth.

Thanks

Pizmo

If it can do AVX (advanced vector extensions) than it should work. Double check if it does because I'm not sure.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

This 300 page thread? (the way my browser is configured).

Maybe for someone new they could start at about the 150 page mark and get most of the important information? :cry:

Ironically, my "uber build" was just a microcenter special, sans gfx card. I just added RAM/GFX card and now a new SSD.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ironically, my "uber build" was just a microcenter special, sans gfx card. I just added RAM/GFX card and now a new SSD.
There is definitely beauty in simplicity. My current pc has been going like a camp for close to 10 years. The only things I've upgraded are the PSU and videocard. Lol

It still playable games today at high to very high settings.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Got the Reverb up and running and all I can say is wow. I’m guessing I need to enable motion vector reprojection in steam by editing the config files still? Or is that no longer relevant as that guide was written awhile ago?

Also, I keep having to reboot my system to wake up my HMD if I close down WMR portal. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

It’s still relevant jason, you need to subscribe to the StearVR beta and then delete to two backslashes and you’ll see the difference straight away. Good times!

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Got the Reverb up and running and all I can say is wow. I’m guessing I need to enable motion vector reprojection in steam by editing the config files still? Or is that no longer relevant as that guide was written awhile ago?

Also, I keep having to reboot my system to wake up my HMD if I close down WMR portal. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance

Still need MVR enabled and reboot is the only fix according to HP since its a WMR bug.

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Okay thanks guys!

And here’s the link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228378

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Thanks for the link!

Hey guys. has anyone ordered these?

https://vroptician.com/prescription-lens-inserts/hp-reverb/

The holders seem kinda thick?

I've ordered similar ones for my Odyssey but from here:

https://widmovr.com/product/hp-reverb-prescription-lens-adapters/

The ones for the odyssey weren't too thick and are fine but looks like I'll need to order new ones for when I get a Reverb. I'm not sure about the site you linked, I had a good experience with mine.

For the record, my ShopBLT Reverb Pro ordered around the 10th of August says it is a Rev A of week 25. I've only used it for maybe an hour, so certainly not long enough to really judge. I hope HP went back through their stock and fixed the older units cause it looks like I got one. I read back through the last 6 pages to catch up.

Has Voodoo confirmed at all what the Rev A is? I know a lot of people have a Gen 1 without any issues, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about the $650 purchase I just made. Mine does have a clip, though, so I'm hoping they made sure their remaining Gen 1's were OK.

Edited by msgreene77

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Pleasant surprise. Been following this thread for months and just ordered my Reverb from HP on Tuesday (upgrading from Vive Pro). Did t expect it til end of next week and it arrived today! May need to lean on many of you guys for setup and tweaking. Never used WMR before but have the beta module installed in steam already. Can’t wait! Thanks to all you guys that have been doing the heavy lifting reporting on the Reverb and setup over last several months.

Just to make sure I’m reading the thread correctly. Those made in the 31st week are the new ones?

Mine arrives on Monday so I dido what you said about needing help, I'm in the exact same boat as you. Everyone input in this thread has been a huge help for me.

The Reverb is something else for sure. Trying to get my settings dialed in. Is anyone using MSAA or is that a no go? Not sure I even see much a difference other than performance. Have all shadows off and dropped my view distance to high.

Any other recs in NVIDiA inspector or WMR portal. I did visuals high and refresh rate 90.

Left SteamVR at 100% resolution as it seems that bug has been smashed.

Turning on motion vector reprojection smoothed things out but hate the box in the upper left. Guess it’s helpful for tweaking though.

Also, there was one time I lost movement in the cockpit other than rotation. Anyone else have that happen?

Any suggestions greatly welcomed

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules