HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Quick change of topic : Can anyone recommend a product to improve the tracking of the Reverb? Do I need something specific like the lightboxes or will a couple of IR LEDs suffice? What about placement and quantity? I want to prevent the instances where the headset occasionally loses its full 6 DOF tracking, even when the room is well lit.

You need sharp contrast. My quick solution was I taped a bunch of calling cards at edges of. My desk, on the floor, arm chairs, they help a lot when looking down towards your lap

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

You need sharp contrast. My quick solution was I taped a bunch of calling cards at edges of. My desk, on the floor, arm chairs, they help a lot when looking down towards your lap

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I'll get some fluorescent tape and put it in various strategic locations, see how that works.

A small pie is soon eaten

Yes, the clip is an indicator also.

That's the ONE! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Worth mentioning that one big plus with the Pro over Consumer is you get support from the business side on the Pro and they will ship out replacements and then you send the faulty one back. With the consumer version you send it back to be repaired or replaced.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Worth mentioning that one big plus with the Pro over Consumer is you get support from the business side on the Pro and they will ship out replacements and then you send the faulty one back. With the consumer version you send it back to be repaired or replaced.

That's good to know - thanks for letting us know. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I just started DCS first time in about a week and now the cockpit moves with my head. If I move my head to the left or right side or forward and backwards the hole cockpit moves with my head movement. Never had this happen before.

Anybody ever run into this? :(

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I just started DCS first time in about a week and now the cockpit moves with my head. If I move my head to the left or right side or forward and backwards the hole cockpit moves with my head movement. Never had this happen before.

You need more light in your room is what it sounds like. Sometimes that and you need to reset the view in wmr app by running the setup again and select seated mode.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks for the reply ran setup again and everything is good now.

Thanks again

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Yep, definitely the Achilles heel of the Reverb. I don’t have information on exactly which style of light/lighting is best but even with a well lit room I sometimes have problems while my Reverb is looking at a wall on my right even though I’ve put up a lot of contrasting colours and the like.

I’ll get there with head tracking but I’m not there yet. The head tilt tracking that does work well for you is based upon the HMD’s internal Gyros. Incidentally they use the same principle as an inertial navigation system/ ring laser gyro.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Yep, definitely the Achilles heel of the Reverb. I don’t have information on exactly which style of light/lighting is best but even with a well lit room I sometimes have problems while my Reverb is looking at a wall on my right even though I’ve put up a lot of contrasting colours and the like.

I’ll get there with head tracking but I’m not there yet. The head tilt tracking that does work well for you is based upon the HMD’s internal Gyros. Incidentally they use the same principle as an inertial navigation system/ ring laser gyro.

check the flashlight feature of the WMR, I forgot how to do it. But using that you'll see what the camera see's. I remember it being low quality black and white video. it maybe seeing light refraction which blinds it and makes it unable to track points on the wall. white contrast may not be good for the wall, I have black paper cutout contrast on my brown arm rest and white on black desk and drawer, white on black rudder pedals. and 4 feet away from walls so no problem with lights and contrast on wall.

never get problem with tracking

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I've found lighting means a more diffused light around your pit area, allowing for good contrast.

Remember you're looking down to the sides as well, not just up and around.

The use of the "Flashlight" feature is a really good suggestion for seeing what it sees.

Critical for DCS

When you perform the "look around" during the WMR Portal Calibration, be sure you look down about 30 degrees throughout that process. This will ensure good tracking when looking at your panels to the side.

These two things (lighting and downward-tracking) can generally solve most issues of tracking.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

It means the HMD hasn't recognized its position inside the area you set up the first time you started the HMD configuration. Try to improve the lighting of your room, or just do another area configuration.

There are some updates on the VR4DCS Blog.

The instructions weren't as clear as they could have been for ensuring that you have WMR for SteamVR installed with the proper file changes to enable native support for the Reverb and the Beta Reprojection.

Thanks!

VR4DCS

In FpsVR he says that "Reverb settings would be 100% and 100% to start." which sets the resolution much higher than the native one of the Reverb. I don't understand why he says that ?...

In FpsVR he says that "Reverb settings would be 100% and 100% to start." which sets the resolution much higher than the native one of the Reverb. I don't understand why he says that ?...
Because SteamVR applies a factor of 1.4 over native to compensate for fresnel lenses.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Thanks for the other advise people gave me, but now I have another big problem. I fly the A10C, but the APU letters are so washed out and bright on the HP Reverb I cant read them? I don't use the steam version of DCS, I buy my stuff from the store if that helps. How do I stop everything looking so bright that I cant read the APU letters and numbers? Cheers!

What does he mean by ‘would be 100% and 100% to start?’ Like as I read that I don’t think that sentence makes sense?
Global resolution and application resolution

Thanks for the other advise people gave me, but now I have another big problem. I fly the A10C, but the APU letters are so washed out and bright on the HP Reverb I cant read them? I don't use the steam version of DCS, I buy my stuff from the store if that helps. How do I stop everything looking so bright that I cant read the APU letters and numbers? Cheers!

If its similar to a problem I occasionally encounter, its essentially an environment issue. Experiment with your shadow settings global lighting and internal aircraft lighting. It is also dependant usually on time of day and angle of the sun. It also varies depending on aircraft angle and location. For instance you may have the issue then once you turn your aircraft 70 or 180 degrees or whatever it all comes good. To test if this is similar to mine just change to a different mission/ airport/ aircraft etc. and see if it makes a difference.ie a different environment.

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I've been messing around with my reverb settings. Previously I had global and application set to 100%, but this gives a resolution higher than the native 2160x2. So I brought global to 78%, to bring it just over native. I didn't see any degrading in game res and it looked pretty good. I also have msaa x2 and medium textures and water. With my oc'ed 2080 & 4790k I can keep a steady 60fps @ 60hz on most instances until it gets really busy. At altitude I can keep 90 @ 90hz. I'm still experimenting with the settings, 60hz setting is fine, but the 90hz is smoother. Reprojection is also quite smooth but gives you ghosting like asw on the rift. Overall it runs better than the CV1, SS is a resource hog.

I've been messing around with my reverb settings. Previously I had global and application set to 100%, but this gives a resolution higher than the native 2160x2. So I brought global to 78%, to bring it just over native. I didn't see any degrading in game res and it looked pretty good. I also have msaa x2 and medium textures and water. With my oc'ed 2080 & 4790k I can keep a steady 60fps @ 60hz on most instances until it gets really busy. At altitude I can keep 90 @ 90hz. I'm still experimenting with the settings, 60hz setting is fine, but the 90hz is smoother. Reprojection is also quite smooth but gives you ghosting like asw on the rift. Overall it runs better than the CV1, SS is a resource hog.

Same here, I don't find running SS higher than native to be of any visual benefit

I'm wondering what version of SteamVR are you running where 100% global and 100% application are much higher than 2160x2160? The non beta?

I think there were changes to the sliders in the beta version. That last few betas I have global at 150% (recommended) and application at 120% which gives 180% total for 2160 x something a little less.

From what I've read, the ideal is to get as close to the native resolution as possible but there is no setting that will do 2160 x 2160, so should you shoot for what I'm seeing 2160 x or should I shoot for 2160 on the horizontal (first number) or vertical (second number)? Doing the later would oversample the first number above 2200 x

I'm also experiencing a lot of tracking issues even in a well lit room which seems odd. Any advice?

Thanks,

Would someone go to the WMR Portal, the one in the mountains with white walls and stuff, and focusing on the dot in front of you look around. So the background is going to move. Is there anything at all, no matter how slight, that seems to move with the headset in front of the background scene as you lock your eyes on that dot? It is nt the LED/LCD lines but some sort of haze in between the lense and the dot. Please don't rely on memory but actually do this with the intent of seeing if there is anything. If it is clear then I must be seeing something wrong. The units lenses are physically clean. It is something being computer generated because by moving the HMD the effect changes ever so slightly. This would be a great poll. Options - A) chrystal clear B)Some dirty lense effect C) Unable to tell.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

You might be seeing the Mura effect. Its definitely there if you look for it, especially on white/light backgrounds. In DCS I never really see it though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).