HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Thanks for the replies.

I am running a i9 9900k at 5ghz rad cooled / Gygabyte extreme 2080ti waterforce oc / 32gb 3600 ram / 2tb Samsung m.2 drive / rog motherboard

Should I get the reverb to run smoothly? Using CV1 at moment.

Yeah you're good.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just got my HP Reverb a few weeks ago and I'm not having much issues with a 1080ti.

Matter of fact I'm having a blast. Only using it for DCS.

The only issue that bothers me is the flickering while waiting for missions to load.

I'm definitely not returning it.

Thanks

Pizmo

Yeah I'm very happy with performance, also using a 1080ti. I've updated Windows to ver 1903 and that's improved stability quite a lot as well. I can now run it for hours without issue.

A small pie is soon eaten

HTC just announced a $150 Eye-tracking Module Supporting All HTC Headsets!

Any idea if HP is also planning for an additional eye-tracking module soon?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Don't bet on that. No plans so far as i know.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Probably not on this headset.

Overall eye tracking thus far is used for auto IPD adjusment, and more "real life" avatars in VR games/chat rooms. The big promise is that it will eventually give us foveated rendering (high res high performance) capabilities, but there are alot of technical hurdles with that. So its mostly useless for the near future IMO (I'd love to be wrong). Even the Varjo bionic doesn't have it at this point from what I know and it has the best chance of being able to actually use in in the near future (if you happen to have the 10k or whatever they want for it).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Time is finally right to get into VR. I just sold my 49 inch ultrawidescreen to save up money for a headset. I have a 1080ti, i7-7700 and 16 gb memory so

can I run reverb without struggling or should I go for Rift S or something else??

HP Reverb, Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Playseat racing chair

1080ti, i7-7700, 32ddr4

Eye-tracking module for Vive is third part module so could be for any other HMD with minor modification like diopter lens for example.

But what is the point of eye-tracking hardware without software support?

Time is finally right to get into VR. I just sold my 49 inch ultrawidescreen to save up money for a headset. I have a 1080ti, i7-7700 and 16 gb memory so

can I run reverb without struggling or should I go for Rift S or something else??

I have those specs except I have 32gb of RAM (DDR4-2400) and the Reverb works well for me.

Go here - https://vr4dcs.com/

Edited by mariner3302

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

You should be just fine with that system, but maybe double your memory like mariner suggested. As far as the choice between the Rift S and Reverb goes, ironically, the Reverb will give you better performance as many of us were pleasantly surprised to find out. Since the Reverb has a higher native resolution, it doesn't require any increased PD in DCS, nor does it need any Steam VR super sampling to give you a nice, clear picture. Having to turn either of those two things up above 100% is a major performance killer. On the same system, my Reverb runs smoother than my Rift CV1, and gives me a much better picture. As I found out just recently, I can also run 4X MSAA now with very few problems with performance. 4X MSAA on the Rift, with a PD of 2.0, turns it into a slideshow. Not so on the Reverb with a PD of 1.0 and 100% SS. The Rift S would probably do better performance-wise that my CV1, but its a significantly lower resolution than the Reverb, so it would require some help in the form of a PD above 1.0 in DCS, which hurts performance.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Another 16gb RAM would help but otherwise you're good to go.

A small pie is soon eaten

notice my reverb front face is always warm even if I haven't used it. both rift and reverb are always plugged onto my pc but only the reverb gets warm. I'm worried if it'll affect its lifespan

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I've got a buddy who has an MSI stealth laptop with 2080ti and i9. He just received a new Reverb today and after installing everything it won't display WMR portal. This laptop only has an HDMI out for display out. It has USB 3.0 and Thunferbolt output which he's using with a port replicator. The replicator has a Mini DP and that is where he's plugging in the Reverb.

So my question is: is he screwed? Or, is there an adapter for the HDMI or Thunderbolt that will work. The laptop is running his CV1 like a champ but that's HDMI. I'm unaware of a method to upscale an HDMI to DP.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I've got a buddy who has an MSI stealth laptop with 2080ti and i9. He just received a new Reverb today and after installing everything it won't display WMR portal. This laptop only has an HDMI out for display out. It has USB 3.0 and Thunferbolt output which he's using with a port replicator. The replicator has a Mini DP and that is where he's plugging in the Reverb.

So my question is: is he screwed? Or, is there an adapter for the HDMI or Thunderbolt that will work. The laptop is running his CV1 like a champ but that's HDMI. I'm unaware of a method to upscale an HDMI to DP.

Thanks

The rift S and reverb works with 1.4 display port connection. This is what pushed me away from buying rift S as I could only use HDMI connection on my system.

Check if the thunderbolt port directly connect to the 2080ti GPU or the Intel/Amd GPU within the graphic control panel.

Mine was only connected to the Intel graphic card so no joy for me.

If connected to the 2080ti,then he should be in luck.

A modern laptop like that should have the thunderbolt port fused to the 2080ti.

Not sure if there is a hdmi to display port adapter in the market yet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The rift S and reverb works with 1.4 display port connection. This is what pushed me away from buying rift S as I could only use HDMI connection on my system.

Check if the thunderbolt port directly connect to the 2080ti GPU or the Intel/Amd GPU within the graphic control panel.

When he had it connected, he could move the headset around and see it looking around the portal on his laptop screen but no video in the HMD. So, I'm guessing it's not going to work with Thunderbolt and the port replicator he has now, Thunderbolt is tied like you described to the intel GPU and not the 2080ti in which case we might be able to change that in bios, or the HDMI out to DP in adapter he bought tonight might work. Either way I'll let you know if it might help your situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I'd say from what I've heard most of the issues have been ironed out, and HP support seems to be at least "OK" if you have any problems. I'd say based on what I've seen recently not too many people are sending em back at this point. Its always that sampling issue of you mainly hear about the "problems" in reviews, not the happy customers that aren't gonna bother writing one.

Performance wise if you have a high end system (1080 or above) it seems to work pretty well, the initial concerns about it being a system killer were largely overstated (including by me). Overall WMR seems to have better performance than the Occulus runtime IMO.

Anyhow, my .02.

Indeed. I was one of the very first on here to have the Reverb drop on my doorstep. I think there were just three of us at the time with them all arriving within a day or so. I think mine arrived on June 6th.

It had initial cable problems, but I came up with the cable mod and a slight modification to that mod a week or so later. Problems vanished.

At time of this post, I have no problems at all with my Reverb. It just works reliably. I occasionally get software glitches as some update or other breaks something but that happens to every headset.

I doubt that the failure and return rate of the initial batch is anywhere close to general perceptions. It's just that the returnees tend to get vocalised more.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Probably not on this headset.

Overall eye tracking thus far is used for auto IPD adjusment, and more "real life" avatars in VR games/chat rooms. The big promise is that it will eventually give us foveated rendering (high res high performance) capabilities, but there are alot of technical hurdles with that. So its mostly useless for the near future IMO (I'd love to be wrong). Even the Varjo bionic doesn't have it at this point from what I know and it has the best chance of being able to actually use in in the near future (if you happen to have the 10k or whatever they want for it).

I tested the StarVR One with Tobii Eye Tracking technology and I felt they had almost the same time of latency like my TrackVR. They have a 120Hz Gaze Data Output Frequency (binocular) with an Accuracy of 0.5°–1.1°, which is IMO fast and precise enough for a quick response. Of course, the larger is the HMD FOV, the more eye detecting frame sensors are needed, with a higher CPU-GPU resource inference. But ultimately the foveated rendering Tec spares way more performance resources than the Eye-Tracking can claim.

Harlikwin - you have a high level of technical knowledge (and I don't love to prove you wrong), but I think this Tec will become on the long term indispensable for all VR HMD in the near future.

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

HP Reverb users,

Please join this poll:

Would you like Windows Mixed Reality Native Support in DCS World

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Jjust for accuracy, specs says Disolay Port 1.3, but it won’t change the issue here. Surprised there isn’t a mini display port on the laptop with RTX 2080 Ti.

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/getpdf.aspx/c06227520.pdf

Thanks

You should check the exact reference of the laptop. I went to MSI website, and it seems that RTX 2080 laptop has Thunderbolt & mini DP & 4K HDMI.

Rift S is provided with mini DP to DP adapter. This is what he would need.

And this is how a mini-DP looks like

mini_displayport_laptop.png

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I tested the StarVR One with Tobii Eye Tracking technology and I felt they had almost the same time of latency like my TrackVR. They have a 120Hz Gaze Data Output Frequency (binocular) with an Accuracy of 0.5°–1.1°, which is IMO fast and precise enough for a quick response. Of course, the larger is the HMD FOV, the more eye detecting frame sensors are needed, with a higher CPU-GPU resource inference. But ultimately the foveated rendering Tec spares way more performance resources than the Eye-Tracking can claim.

Harlikwin - you have a high level of technical knowledge (and I don't love to prove you wrong), but I think this Tec will become on the long term indispensable for all VR HMD in the near future.

No worries man, long term it will probably come, or maybe not if adequate performance can be reached with conventional techniques. But the truth is, everyone has been clamoring how this will be the next big thing for over 4 years. However, I have yet to see a single headset that does foveated rendering. Its not the eye tracking component, that demonstrably works. Its getting a graphics card/API/and eye tracking working together in a way that actually works, and it hasn't happened and I have my doubts that it will in any reasonable time frame. I think its just as likely that the slow march of graphics performance and improved headset optics will get us to a good enough point in the next few years.

Looking for Advice for Improving Tracking

Any tips on improving tracking of the Reverb?

The Reverb seems to have issues with fast head movements and with the white ceiling and white wall right next to the right of my pit. Both are not an issue at all for my Rift S.

Any tips on improving tracking of the Reverb?

The Reverb seems to have issues with fast head movements and with the white ceiling and white wall right next to the right of my pit. Both are not an issue at all for my Rift S.

I can't really offer any tips that are guaranteed to help in your individual situation, but I can tell you that the tracking on my Reverb works just fine. The difference may be that all of the components I use when I fly DCS are built to roll away into an out-of-the-way area when they're not being used. Because of that, I'm able to just set everything up in the middle of my living room, so I don't have any walls that are really close to where I'm sitting.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

When I first received my HP Reverb I could only play for about 5 mins before blackscreen. Code 1-4 check cables. Long story short... I finally contact tech support and they said they were going to send me a "part". After about 6 weeks (they were really good about updating the delivery dates - the initial date was over 3 months) I received"the part".

They sent me a whole new HMD! All I had to do was transfer the earphones and plug it in. It now works great!

I was happy with their customer service and would highly recommend the HP Reverb as the best available VR solution on the market today for it's clarity. FYI - I also own Vive, Oculus Rift, and Pimax 5K.

When I first received my HP Reverb I could only play for about 5 mins before blackscreen. Code 1-4 check cables. Long story short... I finally contact tech support and they said they were going to send me a "part". After about 6 weeks (they were really good about updating the delivery dates - the initial date was over 3 months) I received"the part".

They sent me a whole new HMD! All I had to do was transfer the earphones and plug it in. It now works great!

I was happy with their customer service and would highly recommend the HP Reverb as the best available VR solution on the market today for it's clarity. FYI - I also own Vive, Oculus Rift, and Pimax 5K.

I had a similar experience, black screen and a new device was sent by HP. But in my case, the new device had the same issue, so I don't know if the failure is caused by the device or my PC...

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk