HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I see Mura in No Mans Sky sometimes, but that is just the HP Reverb and you have to get used it I'm afraid. Sometimes I see it in other games, but just like with screen door effect, I can over look it. I'm not sure what screens HP Reverb uses, but for it's price it's a decent headset even with it's Mura and all. I couldn't go back to having a lower resolution headset now after using this one.

Its in a steam settings file usually here. Copied from the VR guide. Make sure you have the beta version wmr for steam vr app.

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings

File: default.vrsettings

In this file, the highlighted lines are commented out with //

Remove the // and restart Steam and SteamVR.

Optional: If you DO NOT want the indicator to show in your HMD, don’t uncomment the line for the Indicator. // “motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

No need to removed spaces and yes the quotes need to stay in place.

{

“driver_Holographic” : {

// Increase back buffer size so that larger superscale values do not get a resolution reduction

“renderTargetScale” : 2.0

},

“driver_Holographic_Experimental” : {

// “motionReprojectionMode” : “auto”,

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

// Automatic motion reprojection indicator to display the mode currently selected

// green = off because application can render at full framerate

// light blue = on because application is cpu bound

// dark blue = on because application is gpu bound

// red = off because application running at less than half framerate

// “motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

Only uncomment the motionreprojection:auto line.

I can't get the Motion Reprojection Mode to work in my reverb

any changes in the file "\ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MixedRealityVRDriver \ resources \ settings \ default.vrsettings" don't work for me

I also used the file that Baldrick33 put a few posts back and followed the guide of Thug's VR4DCS without success

any solution? . Thanks

Edited by Werewolf_fs

@werewolf_fs Did you try putting the indicator on? I only ask because I didn’t think I had reprojection on, but when I turned on the indicator thingy the little boxes were changing couloir so it turned out I had.

I think it’s very cool the way it tells you if it’s cpu or gpu that’s causing the reprojection to come on

@werewolf_fs Did you try putting the indicator on? I only ask because I didn’t think I had reprojection on, but when I turned on the indicator thingy the little boxes were changing couloir so it turned out I had.

I think it’s very cool the way it tells you if it’s cpu or gpu that’s causing the reprojection to come on

Yes, and I don't see it, The HMD seems to ignore the configuration file

well yesterday I noticed a dead pixel in the center of the left screen.

I am quite sure it was not there from day one. But now it is, and therefore the Reverb is going back.

Mura is best described as looking through a dirty window.

But i tried not to focus on it yesterday and have to say just as someone answered above, if you choose to enjoy the experience the Mura is ignored quite fast.

After that I was almost there to decide to keep it and then noticed the dead pixel... game over :(

I also noticed that I should have given the Index more chance. (I send it back 1 day after receiving so did not test much)

Turns out it is quite important to adjust Steam VR IPD in order to get the world scale right.

I did this with the reverb but not with the index (as it has manual IPD i thought its not necessary). And in assetto corsa I noticed yesterday that in the Index the worldscale was way too big. In the reverb it was spot on after adjusting IPD in WMR and Steam VR.

At the moment I do not know what to do... Maybe go triple screen :( But racing with the reverb was the most fun I had with any headset or TV so far.

I am just always unlucky when it comes to tech i want :(

any changes in the file "\ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ MixedRealityVRDriver \ resources \ settings \ default.vrsettings" don't work for me

I also used the file that Baldrick33 put a few posts back and followed the guide of Thug's VR4DCS without success

any solution? . Thanks

Are you using wmr for steam vr app that you downloaded from within steam in beta? It should be in beta.

The motion reprojection indicator is how you would know if it is on. If you have those two lines uncommented then I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

well yesterday I noticed a dead pixel in the center of the left screen.

I am quite sure it was not there from day one. But now it is, and therefore the Reverb is going back.

Mura is best described as looking through a dirty window.

But i tried not to focus on it yesterday and have to say just as someone answered above, if you choose to enjoy the experience the Mura is ignored quite fast.

After that I was almost there to decide to keep it and then noticed the dead pixel... game over :(

I also noticed that I should have given the Index more chance. (I send it back 1 day after receiving so did not test much)

Turns out it is quite important to adjust Steam VR IPD in order to get the world scale right.

I did this with the reverb but not with the index (as it has manual IPD i thought its not necessary). And in assetto corsa I noticed yesterday that in the Index the worldscale was way too big. In the reverb it was spot on after adjusting IPD in WMR and Steam VR.

At the moment I do not know what to do... Maybe go triple screen :( But racing with the reverb was the most fun I had with any headset or TV so far.

That's unfortunate when it comes to the dead pixel. Those are a no go on any device like this. Do a warranty exchange. The one I got doesn't seem to have anything so far.

Been running fine for about a week but I'll have to test it out in dark environments to make sure I don't find anymore dead pixels.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

any solution? . Thanks

Just to be clear, you are removing the // from the lines required so it looks like this?

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

“motionReprojectionMode” : “auto”,

// Automatic motion reprojection indicator to display the mode currently selected

“motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Are you using wmr for steam vr app that you downloaded from within steam in beta? It should be in beta.

The motion reprojection indicator is how you would know if it is on. If you have those two lines uncommented then I'm not sure what else could be wrong. That's unfortunate when it comes to the dead pixel. Those are a no go on any device like this. Do a warranty exchange. The one I got doesn't seem to have anything so far.

Been running fine for about a week but I'll have to test it out in dark environments to make sure I don't find anymore dead pixels.

Yes, using WMR for SteamVR BETA and the indicator is enable (removing //) but nothing works

I will keep trying to find the problem ...

I miss oculus ASW ... :-( jehehehe

Edited by Werewolf_fs

Just to be clear, you are removing the // from the lines required so it looks like this?

“motionReprojectionMode” : “auto”,

“motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

Yes right, but it doesn't work, ignore the config file

Yes right, but it doesn't work, ignore the config file
Long shot but is it possible you have the software installed on multiple drives? I have Steam apps on several drives and ended up with an obsolete version of WMR for SteamVR on one drive and the active one on another. Like I said, a long shot!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Long shot but is it possible you have the software installed on multiple drives? I have Steam apps on several drives and ended up with an obsolete version of WMR for SteamVR on one drive and the active one on another. Like I said, a long shot!

Solved!!! ... install WMR for SteamVR in a different folder than Steam

Path for Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

path For WMR for SteamVR beta: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver

If someone happens the same :doh:. Thanks everyone for your help

Edited by Werewolf_fs

Solved!!! ... install WMR for SteamVR in a different folder than Steam

Path for Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

path For WMR for SteamVR beta: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver

If someone happens the same :doh:. Thanks everyone for your help

Very strange but glad you figured it out. I don't have it installed in a different directory.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Where do you set ipd in Steam VR? I don't think I've done set the ipd in Steam VR? Where in the Steam VR settings is it and is it necessary if you have done it in WMR Portal already?

Where do you set ipd in Steam VR? I don't think I've done set the ipd in Steam VR? Where in the Steam VR settings is it and is it necessary if you have done it in WMR Portal already?
It's not necessary because I feel like it doesn't really do anything different. I never set it in steam vr but I did set it in wmr settings.

I wish there was a way to change the world scale with HP Reverb. setting the ipd in VR settings in DCS does nothing to the world scale for me.

Odd, I would not have thought that setting in DCS would be device dependent.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ipd settings ingame to world scale confirmed. But you have to tick the box on! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Tick the box on? What do you mean? There is no box to tick, or am I missing something here? Where do you tick this to on?

It's in the VR section of the main settings menu.

Edit-Right next to the force IPD distance.

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

OMG - It's there plain as day and I manage to miss it. I've being playing DCS with this small cockpit all this time. Cheers!

Edit - If I have an ipd of 65 what is a good ipd for world scale in the F18 Hornet? I've chosen a 55 ipd in DCS settings, but not sure if the cockpit is to big having never sat in a real F18?

Edited by joebloggs

Are people setting this to the same ipd you have in wmr portal?

OMG - It's there plan as day and I manage to miss it. I've being playing DCS with this small cockpit all this time. Cheers!

Edit - If I have an ipd of 65 what is a good ipd for world scale in the F18 Hornet? I've chosen a 55 ipd in DCS settings, but not sure if the cockpit is to big having never sat in a real F18?

I have mine at 58. Seems about right to me when comparing myself to the pilot.

Are people setting this to the same ipd you have in wmr portal?

I've owned three different headsets and they've all been set at different values. Suggest you adjust until it feels right. I don't think it's related to your real IPD.