HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Are people setting this to the same ipd you have in wmr portal?

No because the ipd in DCS settings is world scale not the same ipd you have for your headset. They should have just called it world scale Imo.

I'll try 58 thanks because 55 does look a bit to big.

Hmm ok yea mines like 63.4 in DCS but I never messed with it because I have no idea what it should be and I don't have the patience to mess much with it.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I don’t understand it either but 63.5 (the ipd I use in my headsets) works well with everything except the viper. With that I use 55. I’ve obviously never been in the cockpit of any of these aircraft so it’s mainly guess work except for the viper as I can compare stick size (ooo er madam) as the f16 uses the same stick as the warthog

Edited by Digitalvole

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

SSAA is not for VR, you would be better off turning that off. I am running 4x MSAA and 1.2 SS for my Rift S.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After about 130 hours with the Rift S over the last five months and almost 70 on the Reverb, I am a bit torn as to which to use and wondered if anyone else is experiencing what I am.

With the Reverb, the cockpit instrumentation lettering is more defined. Spotting enemy planes further out is easier, as is overall fuselage outlines. The colors are more washed out though and a bright sunny day is not that bright or that sunny. Down low, trees smear by and building edges are blurred. Once I fully land or jump out of my plane and parachute down, trees are restored to high detail with sharp outlines and buildings have detailed edges.

With the Rift S, the cockpit instrumentation is not quite as sharp. (I have to lean in a bit, especially with modern jet DDI's) Spotting enemy planes is slightly harder and their outline is not quite as clear as with the Reverb. The colors are much better and a bright sunny day is just that. Down low, trees retain sharp edges even at Mach 1 if I keep my eyes focused on one particular tree. Building edges are very sharp with MSAA set to 2X and SSAA set to 2X.

As it stands right now, I am experimenting with using the Reverb for online dogfighting and the Rift S for offline flight or farting around. I have read Thud's guide for setting up the Reverb and fortunately already had all of his tips in place. I have also read the last 30 pages or so of this thread. What I would really like to do is sharpen up the trees and building edges in the Reverb and I would then be a happy camper. I think it is down to the actual code of the respective SDK's but I need to look into that more. If anyone has advice on how to sharpen up the ground while I am flying over it, would be much appreciated.

Try to force the retroyectionmode to active at all times in the file:

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings

File: default.vrsettings

“motionReprojectionMode” : “motionvector”,

After about 130 hours with the Rift S over the last five months and almost 70 on the Reverb, I am a bit torn as to which to use and wondered if anyone else is experiencing what I am.

With the Reverb, the cockpit instrumentation lettering is more defined. Spotting enemy planes further out is easier, as is overall fuselage outlines. The colors are more washed out though and a bright sunny day is not that bright or that sunny. Down low, trees smear by and building edges are blurred. Once I fully land or jump out of my plane and parachute down, trees are restored to high detail with sharp outlines and buildings have detailed edges.

With the Rift S, the cockpit instrumentation is not quite as sharp. (I have to lean in a bit, especially with modern jet DDI's) Spotting enemy planes is slightly harder and their outline is not quite as clear as with the Reverb. The colors are much better and a bright sunny day is just that. Down low, trees retain sharp edges even at Mach 1 if I keep my eyes focused on one particular tree. Building edges are very sharp with MSAA set to 2X and SSAA set to 2X.

As it stands right now, I am experimenting with using the Reverb for online dogfighting and the Rift S for offline flight or farting around. I have read Thud's guide for setting up the Reverb and fortunately already had all of his tips in place. I have also read the last 30 pages or so of this thread. What I would really like to do is sharpen up the trees and building edges in the Reverb and I would then be a happy camper. I think it is down to the actual code of the respective SDK's but I need to look into that more. If anyone has advice on how to sharpen up the ground while I am flying over it, would be much appreciated.

I'm running 100% SteamVR SS, along with 1.0 PD and 4X MSAA in DCS with my Reverb, and I have no smeared trees or buildings, except for the occasional ghosting. Are you sure you have Motion Reprojection turned on in SteamVR's WMR plugin? I get the smearing on pretty much everything with that turned off. I think the biggest thing though is SS/PD. You shouldn't try to run your Reverb at the same, slightly more than 1.0 settings you're probably using for your Rift S. The Reverb doesn't need it, and it very rapidly degrades performance with no visual benefit.

That's the only place I disagree with Thud's guide, the SteamVR SS settings. He suggests using anywhere from 100% to 200% SS in Steam VR, but I have seen no clarity difference between 100% and 200%. But, with 200%, I definitely notice a pretty severe performance hit that makes the game unplayable.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Don, what 1.2 Supersampling setting are you referring to?

In Oculus Tray Tool.

I used to use Pixel Density in DCS GUI instead, but tried using the Tray Tool and it seemed like I got slightly better performance. Maybe just my imagination, one or the other should be fine.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

New reverb on order

Do I have to have windows 1903 or can I stick to 1809 very stable to run the reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 yrs USAF MSgt retired AMMO Munitions Tech

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

Track Ir 5-retired....HP Reverb v2...VR

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

New reverb on order

Do I have to have windows 1903 or can I stick to 1809 very stable to run the reverb

If you've managed not to fall into the 1903 trap, definitely stick with 1809. Mine ran fine with 1809, and doesn't seem to be quite as clear now that I have fallen into the 1903 trap. Don't get me wrong, its still very clear, just not as much.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Interesting. The 1903 update adds improvements to the Windows Mixed Reality Portal but I will look into your comment in detail here in a bit.
I thought that the 1903 update eventually fixed the blurriness. I don't remember what it was on 1809 because I had the Odyssey at that point.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I thought that the 1903 update eventually fixed the blurriness. I don't remember what it was on 1809 because I had the Odyssey at that point.
One of the patch update from Microsoft had something to do with fixing the blurriness and other issues

Update to use new scaling capabilities in Windows 1903 on machines with KB4507453 installed

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I think that 63.3 is the default when I hooked mine up. I set mine to 62 since I used an app on my girlfriend's iPhone that measured my ipd. It was between 61.5 and 62.5.

I am yet to fully get the steamVR reprojection setting. It works okay for me without touching the vrsetting in steam folder.

I found out that on steamVR mini application window, I see motion reprojection is ON when dcs is running without changing parameters in vrsettings.

The few times I have uncommented those parameters, game play becomes really jerky and unstable. Perhaps your new bug find could be the cause as I use PD value of 68mm.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am losing tracking with mine when i look on the sides and behind. any tip to avoid that ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I have a very weird problem with the Reverb. Initially everything is fine, but after about 30 minutes of playing DCS I start to get screen blackouts. These blackouts are depending entirely on looking towards the ground (in game camera angle towards the ground, not HMD looking down). It looks like to be related to slant range to the ground. When the camera is at ground height, the blackouts set shortly after when the view tilts through the horizon. The further up above the ground the camera is, the further the view can tilt down. At any height I can find the exact angle where above everything is fine and a few pixels below I get blackouts. This does not seem to be related to scene complexity, as it happens even over bare desert and with no discernible difference in the scene complexity between 1° up/down. It does not happen over water, but also sets in on the carrier deck. Framerate is very good throughout and lowering graphics settings has no beneficial effect. Blackouts set in as blinking of initially about 0.5 seconds on/off, with the black sections getting longer the steeper the view is tilted down.

I already called HP support but as expected they proved to be of no help. In their opinion this is cause by an insufficient graphics card (1080) and they suggested to have 2080 SLI to play flightsims. Brilliant support...

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I have a very weird problem with the Reverb. Initially everything is fine, but after about 30 minutes of playing DCS I start to get screen blackouts. These blackouts are depending entirely on looking towards the ground (in game camera angle towards the ground, not HMD looking down). It looks like to be related to slant range to the ground. When the camera is at ground height, the blackouts set shortly after when the view tilts through the horizon. The further up above the ground the camera is, the further the view can tilt down. At any height I can find the exact angle where above everything is fine and a few pixels below I get blackouts. This does not seem to be related to scene complexity, as it happens even over bare desert and with no discernible difference in the scene complexity between 1° up/down. It does not happen over water, but also sets in on the carrier deck. Framerate is very good throughout and lowering graphics settings has no beneficial effect. Blackouts set in as blinking of initially about 0.5 seconds on/off, with the black sections getting longer the steeper the view is tilted down.

I already called HP support but as expected they proved to be of no help. In their opinion this is cause by an insufficient graphics card (1080) and they suggested to have 2080 SLI to play flightsims. Brilliant support...

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

What is your Reverb's USB cable plugged into?

It is in the USB 3.1 Gen2 port directly on the motherboard.

Your Reverb probably isn't getting enough power through the motherboard port. I used to have all kinds of random display issues when I first started in VR with my CV1, and installing a dedicated PCIe USB card that plugs directly into my PSU solved those problems. That's what I have my Reverb plugged into now, and I have never had a display blackout problem. They're relatively cheap. I have an Inateck 5 port card, but others have had a lot of luck with Startech cards as well.

My two 3.1 only two on my mb...both are being used by my x56 hotas....

I get my reverb on Monday...should I plug the hotas into 3.0 usb slots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 yrs USAF MSgt retired AMMO Munitions Tech

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

Track Ir 5-retired....HP Reverb v2...VR

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

My two 3.1 only two on my mb...both are being used by my x56 hotas....

I get my reverb on Monday...should I plug the hotas into 3.0 usb slots

Do you not have any 2.0 slots you can plug your HOTAS into ?

I have a powered USB 2.0 Hub just for that.

Don B

Yup. Just like Don, I have a powered hub for my HOTAS. For my Reverb, I use a PCIe USB 3.1 card, connected directly to my rig's PSU. HMDs, especially, can be real bus power hogs, so they need clean, strong USB power to function reliably.

Personally, the blackouts occurred to me when using the USB 3.0 and 3.1 of the motherboard, (MSi X99A). Solution: connect headset to the USB type C (nvidia calls him Virtual link) of the 2080TI with an adapter, no more blackouts

Edited by Werewolf_fs

Just for info I have an Inateck PCIe USB card. It won't work with the Reverb at all if I load its drivers. If I just let Windows install its default drivers it works. The Reverb also works with my MB USB.

The same card with its drivers loaded worked fine when I tried the Index but the Index wouldn't play with my MB USB.

Such fickle things!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat