HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hey guys,

just got the second replacement reverb after getting the first one a couple weeks back.

It's batch 941.

I have plainly noticable Mura, not in a completely random pattern but in horizontal stripes and blotches, which is especially annoying because it interferes with the horizon when concentrating to find planes.

Does anybody else have this? Do I have a bag egg? Are you guys living with this?

Thanks in advance

LG

PS: Had a though-the-lens video of the first one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ee1FbZAAxODCXMmIprfhbiO9zOYhSdf/view?usp=sharing You need to download to see, the streaming compression all but removes it. I was holding the headset at an angle, so the 45 degree strips moving as the headset moves are what I am referring to.

Hi,

what is current most optimal resolution in Steam VR for Reverb?

I didn't set anything manually in "Video" or "Application" tab and i'm happy with results, but maybe there is some more optimal way to set it. I use 9900@5Ghz and 2080Ti.

cheers

In the Steam VR Beta,it will be 150% automatically and looks awesome to me.

If I look to a clear sky,i Notice "Mura" on my Reverb also,but I'm a Motorcycle Rider for 20 years now and don't drive home because a bug on my Visor

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Hi

I just received 10 days ago my new HP Reverb Pro. Until last weekend I havent had the chance to install and try it. First of all I have to say the change on visual quality compare with the Lenovo Explorer I get last Christmas is just huge.

My PC has an Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 18Gb Ram DDR3 1600, 2x256GB SSD, HP Reverb Pro... and it seems it can handle DCS in VR quite better that the Lenovo Explorer.

BUT I am having issues with the HMD going black, first during 5 seconds or more... and the second or third time permanently… When I take off the HDM the screen of the monitor is showing the VR application I was running.

And this happens to me not only in DCS but also other two VR games and trying and even when in the WMR house.

I have uninstalled the WMR twice with the same result.

Does anyone of you suffered something similar and by chance it has been solved? Can be the reason my computer is not enough? Or should I contact HP and ask for a replacement?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

After my above post I did ask HP for a replacement which a I just received last Friday after 45 days wait. I have what it seems to be a brand new HMD HP Reverb Professional Edition. (product No 6kp43ea#abb).

In the meanwhile I changed my processor to a Ryzen 5 3600 and updated the ram to 32 Gb DDR4 and a 512 Gb Samsung EVO Plus M.2 where DCS is installed. I also added a 5 ports 3.0 USB PCI card with independent from MB power supply. BTW amazing the improving of loading time for DCS app....

Now the bad news… To start with the new HDM I have uninstalled and installed again WMR, WMR for Steam Beta, SteamVR and so on. I have followed the suggestions found in this forum… From very beginning I have been having several blackouts with in intervals of less than half second… after the blackouts (black vision on the HDM) the black stays until I shutdown the app no matter if it DCS, or other gamme as Thalos Principle or even the Cliff house of WMR... In the meanwhile I can hear the sounds of the program running. And you can see in the monitor the program running until the shutdown.

I am really disappointed… Any idea? Sorry if it has been already addressed in this post or others…

Perhaps could it be an USB issue? The problem remains when I plug the USB in the USB port of the MB (One port said VR ready in my new MB MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus...) Should I change the Innateck Pci card for another one? Or should I contact HP and ask for a new replacement or a refund?

Thanks for any help…

Anyone else have to wear the reverb strap high on their head to get into the sweet spot?
Yea either a bit higher or tighter on the face. I'm not sure exactly how you position it so that it sits up higher on your head. For me I just let it sit where it is and tighten the straps. It's not the most intuitive system.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I wear mine more lose and comfortable and the sweet spot with IPD 63 is good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone's input in this thread, believe it or not I have kept up and read about 90% of this thread as I was very keen on the Reverb for a long time. Today I finally got it and had a good session tonight with it and it is overall a great upgrade from the CV1. But if development had ended with the CV1 and that was as good as it got I would have been a happy simmer for the rest of my life. The jump from 2D monitor to VR has been such a massive jump in immersion for me, I fell totally at home in VR.

Look forward to tweaking it to perfection! Oh and the reduction in fogging up (that I asked about a few pages back) has been amazing!

Edited by Woody01

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Anyone else have to wear the reverb strap high on their head to get into the sweet spot?

Same here.. I thought it was just me

Current System:

Intel Core i9-9900K 5 GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO LGA1151 Mo bo | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200| GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE | Win10 Pro | Reverb for VR and 43" 4k tv for 2d

Finding the sweet spot of any headset is pretty much a requirement of any headset and its gonna vary by person. I do wear mine kind high compared to my old rift.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yea I would like to wear mine higher too but everytime I loosen the straps to adjust it, I end up screwing it up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi Guys, somebody run the HP with an I7 4790K a 4.4 (turbo), 32 GB RAM DDR3 and a GTX 1080 Ti? What do you think? its will be ok?

Thanks ! and regards!

For better or worse, I think the only real answer here is you have to try it yourself (so get a unit from a place with a good return policy). The thing is, the hard object specs only tell 50% of the story. The other 50% is how YOU feel about the performance balance. E.g., what is your minimum FPS before you feel it is not worth it? How much ghosting are you OK with? What is your low-FPS-nausea threshold? Two people can sit down on the exact machine and same mission and come away with opposite impressions.

That being said, I have a very similar machine to yours: i7-4790K @ 4Ghz, 16GB RAM, and 1080Ti. I tried the Reverb. LOVED the resolution. But had to reluctantly admit that I could not run it at that resolution happily. So I went with the Rift S.

I wrote about the comparison in more detail here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4099195&postcount=4204

You might fare a bit better because of your higher memory, but I think our CPU's are the bottleneck. But again, you really have to try it yourself. Also make sure you try it in the most complex conditions you usually fly. E.g., no point checking it out while flying over the sea. Fly through downtown Dubai, look to the left/right as you zip past buildings. Use a fast jet. Also get into some BFM and see if you can track the bandit through the ghosting. Get online on a busy server and fly a mission. etc.

Edited by Bearfoot

Hi all,

Thinking about buying a reverb on black friday, but I have heard that there are good units and bad units (seems like the sooner ones have some trouble). If it is like this, how can I identify the "good" ones? Is there a serial number or something? Any advice or tip for a future buyer? Thank you

Hi all,

Thinking about buying a reverb on black friday, but I have heard that there are good units and bad units (seems like the sooner ones have some trouble). If it is like this, how can I identify the "good" ones? Is there a serial number or something? Any advice or tip for a future buyer? Thank you

Serial number has 931 or higher but even this may not fully mean you have the latest. My first one had dead pixels.

Every Headset or Screen could have dead pixels. All new Headsets you order from a Dealer,should be the last Version.

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is doing my head in... All I want to do is start DCS WITHOUT WMR starting up so I can use the mission editor on my normal screen, but every time I start DCS it goes to VR. Has to be a simple solution right? Any ideas?
Go to settings then click the tab all the way on the right for VR. Uncheck enable VR headset.

This is doing my head in... All I want to do is start DCS WITHOUT WMR starting up so I can use the mission editor on my normal screen, but every time I start DCS it goes to VR. Has to be a simple solution right? Any ideas?

Skatezilla's launcher has the option to launch without vr.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053&highlight=skatezilla+launcher

Alternatively, you can make a copy of the exe with an added command, see sec 4 here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

For better or worse, I think the only real answer here is you have to try it yourself (so get a unit from a place with a good return policy). The thing is, the hard object specs only tell 50% of the story. The other 50% is how YOU feel about the performance balance. E.g., what is your minimum FPS before you feel it is not worth it? How much ghosting are you OK with? What is your low-FPS-nausea threshold? Two people can sit down on the exact machine and same mission and come away with opposite impressions.

That being said, I have a very similar machine to yours: i7-4790K @ 4Ghz, 16GB RAM, and 1080Ti. I tried the Reverb. LOVED the resolution. But had to reluctantly admit that I could not run it at that resolution happily. So I went with the Rift S.

I wrote about the comparison in more detail here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4099195&postcount=4204

You might fare a bit better because of your higher memory, but I think our CPU's are the bottleneck. But again, you really have to try it yourself. Also make sure you try it in the most complex conditions you usually fly. E.g., no point checking it out while flying over the sea. Fly through downtown Dubai, look to the left/right as you zip past buildings. Use a fast jet. Also get into some BFM and see if you can track the bandit through the ghosting. Get online on a busy server and fly a mission. etc.

Thanksfor the anwser! Rift S is my firt option, actually!.

Do you not get the option to start in normal (non VR) mode? This is with the Steam version:

1132070153_DCSstart.jpg.5a8bac6a9c6e2cc18ce35d87a0331211.jpg

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat