HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hello there!

Got a Reverb Pro now and like the performance and high definition a lot, compared to my Rift S. But the software is killing me. Got it all working according to vr4dcs , but as soon as I activate Motion Repro in the config file, the Head Tracking stops working. Anybody got an idea before I send it back to HP?

Thanks a lot!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Win 10 Pro 64 - i6700K @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1080ti Gaming X OC - 32 GB DDR4 Fury X - 1x 512GB 960 Pro SSD - 1x 512GB 850 Pro SSD - TM Cougar - TM Warthog - MHG Crosswind - Rift CV1 - Track IR 5

I don’t think, I functionally got any spare FPS out of it, but, the visual improvement was much more crisp/clear

Ahhh...got it. I misunderstood what the gains were. I tried it last night, and strangely enough, I did notice a negative impact on the amount of ghosting I was seeing. Didn't see any noticeable improvement in clarity on my rig. It was worth a shot though. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I'm confident that it won't impact performance or image quality at all. That's not how the low latency Tech works.

It took no time at all to see for myself what it does on my rig. Didn't do anything at all for me, so I turned it back off. Not a big deal, dude. :smilewink: Did have a lot of fun in the F-14 going gunzo on the Su-27 while I was testing though. VR has changed dog-fighting from what felt like a futile, pointless thing for me in 2D, to a truly enjoyable experience. Even more so with the resolution of the Reverb.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

It took no time at all to see for myself what it does on my rig. Didn't do anything at all for me, so I turned it back off. Not a big deal, dude. :smilewink: Did have a lot of fun in the F-14 going gunzo on the Su-27 while I was testing though. VR has changed dog-fighting from what felt like a futile, pointless thing for me in 2D, to a truly enjoyable experience. Even more so with the resolution of the Reverb.

Didn't do anything for me either ...totally agree with the last part of your post....VR has changed all my simming to a truly enjoyable experience every time I'm in the air or on a track :joystick: :pilotfly:

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

On was a pretty dramatic improvement, I didn't see as great an improvement at ultra... But nice find @woody01

That's odd I was getting frames in the 40's with it off, and in the 30's with it on.

As I understand it will reduce the number of draw calls from the CPU to the GPU to save power. So it makes sense that frames go down.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi All,

I’m coming back to DCS/be after being a away for a while but am having major issues.

I’m running a SteamVR SS of 200% (as I’ve done ever since I got the Reverb) but am getting horrendous performance. I also noticed (after taking a look) that the ‘enablemotionrepo’ flag was commented out by default which I didn’t do; I set it to auto about 2-3 months ago and forgot about it.

Was there an update of some kind that impacted all the of above?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Hi All,

I’m coming back to DCS/be after being a away for a while but am having major issues.

I’m running a SteamVR SS of 200% (as I’ve done ever since I got the Reverb) but am getting horrendous performance. I also noticed (after taking a look) that the ‘enablemotionrepo’ flag was commented out by default which I didn’t do; I set it to auto about 2-3 months ago and forgot about it.

Steam vr and wmr for steam vr has been updated and you don't need to run at 200% anymore. You just need it at 100%. Also remove and extra pixel density you have set in dcs settings.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi All,

Unless you have a 4080 Ti from the year 2024, there's no way in hell you can run a Reverb at 200% and not murder performance.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Steam vr and wmr for steam vr has been updated and you don't need to run at 200% anymore. You just need it at 100%. Also remove and extra pixel density you have set in dcs settings.

Yup, turning it down to 100% now will get you right around native resolution on the Reverb with the latest updates to SteamVR and SteamVR for WMR.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as obious is, since I have been recovering from major abdominal surgery for the past few weeks. Lots of things changed for the better. Because of some of the changes to SteamVR for WMR, the default.vrsettings file got completely replaced, so any changes you had made to it for motion reprojection settings got wiped out. Just have to go in there and edit the file again. Once you do both of those things, it runs really nicely. :D

That's odd I was getting frames in the 40's with it off, and in the 30's with it on.

As I understand it will reduce the number of draw calls from the CPU to the GPU to save power. So it makes sense that frames go down.

I've just tested two missions back to back with this setting on off and ultra. I appear to be getting a better FPS with ultra on.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I really don’t know why people say this. Just because SteamVR reset so that native is 100%, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t add some SS or PD to improve clarity.

As I have said before, 200% is only equivalent to a PD of 1.4 and - depending on your other DCS settings - is a perfectly reasonable setting to use if you have the hardware to cope.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

VR has changed dog-fighting from what felt like a futile, pointless thing for me in 2D, to a truly enjoyable experience.

This is absolutely same for me.

Dog-figthing is so much realistic in vr and fun.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Agreed, same here.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Agree completely. Doesn't make me any better at it though! :(

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I really don’t know why people say this. Just because SteamVR reset so that native is 100%, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t add some SS or PD to improve clarity.

As I have said before, 200% is only equivalent to a PD of 1.4 and - depending on your other DCS settings - is a perfectly reasonable setting to use if you have the hardware to cope.

The point is that 188% before the WMR for SteamVR update was about the same as 100% after, due to the scaling info being wrong in SteamVR.

So if you run the same % after the update you are applying a lot more SS with the corresponding impact on performance.

If you ran 188% to achieve native before you only need to to run 100% now for the same resolution.

Of course if you want to add more then go for it, although in my experience it makes little difference compared with bumping up the SS and/or PD with other headsets to try to achieve some clarity and reduce SDE. Hence the Reverb isn't really any harder to run (again, in my experience)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yesterday I finished the revised version of the HP Reverb cable mont:

2erf0ZE.jpg

WLZ0K6Q.jpg

4K7j7cV.jpg

JrnPNGk.jpg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5ZBRu6iKgyoFxckQlmc-YLsS-o?e=efxT9A

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

The point is that 188% before the WMR for SteamVR update was about the same as 100% after, due to the scaling info being wrong in SteamVR.

So if you run the same % after the update you are applying a lot more SS with the corresponding impact on performance.

If you ran 188% to achieve native before you only need to to run 100% now for the same resolution.

Of course if you want to add more then go for it, although in my experience it makes little difference compared with bumping up the SS and/or PD with other headsets to try to achieve some clarity and reduce SDE. Hence the Reverb isn't really any harder to run (again, in my experience)

I'm not talking about native. From that perspective, the SteamVR value makes no difference. For the last few weeks it is neater being 100%, but that's arbitrary. Previous versions 188% maybe now 100%, and previous 300% might now be 200% (a guess), but there is still a point in trying higher values for SS. I personally see a massive difference between 100% and 200%.

If the statement had been 'don't need to run 200% to get native res', then we wouldn't be having this discussion!

rather than looking at the percentage, which tbh isn't really helpful(as you point out it keeps on changing), look at the number of pixels you are driving ... get as close (just above) to your physical resolution as you can (2160x2160, per eye, comes out at 2208x2160 currently in steam VR at present)... and then work from there

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

rather than looking at the percentage, which tbh isn't really helpful(as you point out it keeps on changing), look at the number of pixels you are driving ... get as close (just above) to your physical resolution as you can (2160x2160, per eye, comes out at 2208x2160 currently in steam VR at present)... and then work from there

I don’t know if you are replying to my post or not, but I said the SteamVR SS number is arbitrary. It just so happens that now it is neat, i.e. 100 is pretty much native and 200 is double the number of pixels. Again, I’ll say that 200 is equivalent to PD of 1.4, so not that onerous.

I don’t know if you are replying to my post or not, but I said the SteamVR SS number is arbitrary. It just so happens that now it is neat, i.e. 100 is pretty much native and 200 is double the number of pixels. Again, I’ll say that 200 is equivalent to PD of 1.4, so not that onerous.

The point is that we no longer need to run SS as high to get the same visual results as what we were getting with higher SS in previous versions. We have the ability to run higher, but many of us don't see the benefit in doing that, depending on what it costs us in performance. This is all subjective, and different people look for different things in their experience. We don't all have to like all the same things that you like, and stuarteaston's post really wasn't that difficult to understand. I don't think anybody here needs the constant lessons in how things "actually work". What matters is that, individually, we are getting results that satisfy our individual needs and some of us are just trying to pass what works for us on to others who are having trouble getting their Reverbs working satisfactorily.

Edited by eaglecash867

+1 :D

GREAT WORK @JankeS! I am planning to SLS print your part for my Reverb...that cable is kind of thick and this will help keep it better retained.

Excellent design work! :thumbup:

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

The point is that we no longer need to run SS as high to get the same visual results as what we were getting with higher SS in previous versions. We have the ability to run higher, but many of us don't see the benefit in doing that, depending on what it costs us in performance. This is all subjective, and different people look for different things in their experience. We don't all have to like all the same things that you like, and stuarteaston's post really wasn't that difficult to understand. I don't think anybody here needs the constant lessons in how things "actually work". What matters is that, individually, we are getting results that satisfy our individual needs and some of us are just trying to pass what works for us on to others who are having trouble getting their Reverbs working satisfactorily.

To be honest, I think we are talking at cross purposes here. All I am saying is that the arbitrary values set by SteamVR are not important, it’s the number of pixels that are. So, someone suggesting that we don’t ‘need’ to use 200, was inaccurate.

Of course, we all have different ideas on what settings to use. I see a massive difference in clarity between 100 and 200 SS, but you don’t. I wouldn’t suggest for a moment because I like something that you should adopt it. We’re just exchanging views here. Each to his own.

If the statement had been 'don't need to run 200% to get native res', then we wouldn't be having this discussion!
You were replying directly to the comment "Steam vr and wmr for steam vr has been updated and you don't need to run at 200% anymore". Which was referring to the changes in the scaler. That is why he said you don't need to run such high values, which is perfectly true to achieve exactly the same resolution.

If you want to run higher then fine but that isn't what the original comment referred to. The figures aren't arbitrary at all, the scale has changed by a factor of 0.53, hence people need to run lower figures to achieve what they did before update and is sound advice.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat