HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

realistically its just a little more elegant...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks. I'll try that.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, you need to start it to see it in the video settings.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Hello,

I'm a new HP reverb owner and I might need some help...

Sometimes, when I launch DCS I do not have any translation movement (left/right & forward/backward) Only rotational movement. I don't know what is causing this issue... May not be DCS related.

Does anybody have already experienced that problem ?

(I have followed Vr for DCS website instruction when I first installed my headset...)

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

do you have the symptoms in WMR house?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Hello,

Sometimes, when I launch DCS I do not have any translation movement (left/right & forward/backward) Only rotational movement. I don't know what is causing this issue... May not be DCS related.

(I have followed Vr for DCS website instruction when I first installed my headset...)

This is due to incomplete HMD tracking calibration. You should first start Mixed Reality Portal and follow the instructions: "Look to sides and to the floor...". This calibrates the HMD tracking. Then start DCS and everything should be fine. Also it is possible that the calibration is lost during the usage. This may be due to insufficient room lighting in order to do camera tracking (which basically enables the use of 6 DOF movement).

Hope this helps!

I think you're totally right, as I enter every time directly in DCS without doing calibration !

(and turning light on helps a lot ! (coming form oculus CV1...)

This actually solved my problem :)

Thank you very much !

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

Hello,

Had exactly the same problem yesterday. Frustrating until I found the solution in the forum.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Lots of stutters in MP, un/reinstalled my networkcard drivers

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I'm seeing about a ~ 9% FPS improvement with the Reverb and the March 20th patch. Anyone elese?

You mean an improvement in FPS between 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 or do you mean an improvement in FPS between the first 2.5.6 and the most recent 2.5.6? In either case no I don’t see a perf increase on the same settings , in the same scenario flown the same way.

I'm seeing about a ~ 9% FPS improvement with the Reverb and the March 20th patch. Anyone elese?

If that is compared to 2.5.5, then you are against the norm. Lots of pretty annoyed VR users out there. See other threads.

As an aside, I’ve never understood how people measure changes in VR fps. I mean, in general, we are running reproduction or ASW which fixes the fps. (Unless obviously, you are below 45 always.)

The frame time is the only way of gauging performance, I feel.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

As an aside, I’ve never understood how people measure changes in VR fps. I mean, in general, we are running reproduction or ASW which fixes the fps. (Unless obviously, you are below 45 always.)

The frame time is the only way of gauging performance, I feel.

If it doesn't drop below 45fps I am happy, if it drops below 45 it is not very nice. I simply measure my happiness! :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

If it doesn't drop below 45fps I am happy, if it drops below 45 it is not very nice. I simply measure my happiness! :)

Me too. If it looks good to me, I'm happy. If it doesn't look good, I tweak it until it does. No need to go chasing dragons.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Mostly I measure frametimes these days but not everyone understands or knows how to get them, like most if it's smooth I don't care alas 2.5.6 on my 2.5.5 settings gives me OK perf in free flight, and some what juddery play in combat... I care about that, because cpu frame times are up above the 11ms point almost constantly and gpu frame times spike above 22 with all to much regularity... Which means I get sub 45 more often

They both achieve the same end and effect. One gives you slightly more granular control at the game level, and one is frankly easier to use, and is only ow available quite literally in an update that took place a couple of days ago.

I'm very sorry you are confused. But, this is part of the nature of beta software, it changes and the impact changes advice given. This is part of wmr For steam beta, that has an impact on steamvr beta...

I will try to get some screen shots and step by step instructions on how to use this, but, tbh, the information is in the thread... This is not my priority right now.

Thanks, I totally understand the changing nature of this product. The new feature you refer to - is it in the WMR settings control panel or in Steam VR settings? Thanks!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

As an aside, I’ve never understood how people measure changes in VR fps. I mean, in general, we are running reproduction or ASW which fixes the fps.

With the reverb I have both used reprojection of and did fly a traffic pattern, and looked at the average fps in fpsVR and also had reprojection on and lookwd at the average. The average will

be higher if you have a higher percentage of 90fps.

Earlier with oculus only option was(still using this with reverb also) flying a speficic way low level, passing ares with a lot of forrest and also buildings in a city. during flight maybe a small glance at the DCS fps counter but mainly looking out and making sure there isnt to much glitches or stutter.

This still is the last test I do after setting up with the reverb cause even if things look fine by frame times and fps-numbers in fpsVR, its not sure the gaming is smooth enough for my personal choise. The fpsVR is a very good help when it comes to setup but I have to lover the settings from that by a little to get perfectly smooth gaming.

(I know I have a smooth-video destroyed mind after 20years of home cinema tuning. Im quite often distrurbed in the Full Flight Sims from stutter and non smooth flow of the visuals, at the same times my collegues are most often not even noticeing it)

Edited by Gunnars Driver

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Thanks, I totally understand the changing nature of this product. The new feature you refer to - is it in the WMR settings control panel or in Steam VR settings? Thanks!

SteamVR settings, where it is listed as motion smoothing under the Video -> Per Application Video Settings Button, DCS must be running for you to make the change specific for DCS

you also have to make an initial change to default.vrsettings to disable the auto line

Have a look at my little guide here earlier in this thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4251157&postcount=5176

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No, it doesn’t. Just gives more flexibility.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "more flexibility". Can you expand on this a bit? Thanks.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "more flexibility". Can you expand on this a bit? Thanks.

See my post a couple above for a link to my guide on this. The SteamVR option gives more flexibility in terms of varying the MP options by app.

SteamVR settings, where it is listed as motion smoothing under the Video -> Per Application Video Settings Button, DCS must be running for you to make the change specific for DCS

you also have to make an initial change to default.vrsettings to disable the auto line

Perfect, thank you. I think I found it in Steam VR settings.

Interestingly, I've been playing on my MSI laptop while I was waiting for my desktop to arrive from overseas in my furniture shipment. It finally got here end of last week and I've been setting that up for the Reverb and WMR. I tried to go into the default.vrsettings file to comment out the auto line and the file is completely different than the one on the laptop. I'll try to post a screenshot soon, but it looks nothing like the files you've all posted and that line doesn't exist. I wonder if it's in a different folder somewhere else??

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Edited by Notso

Guys, in attempt to ease some of the confusion surrounding Motion Reprojection (MP) settings, here is my guide. Now, this may be wrong, but it's how I understand things at the moment.

You should note from the start that beta versions of WMR for Steam and SteamVR are probably required for some of these options to appear.

The key file in all this is the Steam Mixed Reality VR Driver settings file. It is located within your Steam library folder. This can often be where Steam was installed, but not always. I, for eample, have my main Steam library located on my D: drive.

So, if you only have 1 Steam library, the location of the critical file is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings

It may not be there, mine is located here:

D:\Iain User Folders\Steam Libray\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings.

After a recent update, there are now 2 ways of getting MP to work:

1) purely within WMR, or

2) within SteamVR itself.

In both cases, it is necessary to edit and maintain (we'll come to that later) the file mentioned above.

If you choose 1), then you simply edit the above file. The crucial section is

"driver_Holographic_Experimental": {
       // Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation 
       //     motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection
       //     auto         = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate
       //     disabled     = turn off motion reprojection
       //
       // Comment out or remove this line to use the SteamVR settings for controlling motion reprojection
       "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

By using this method, you just need to change the 'motionReprojectionMode' variable as per the useful descriptions above. Personally, I keep it set to 'motionvector' as I can't see the point in the fps occasionally jumping to 90 when I look at sky. A smooth 45fps is fine and that is achieved using 'motionvector'. Personal choice. Setting to 'disabled', disables MP COMPLETELY, including within SteamVR.

Following a recent beta update, you can now choose 2) above and set MP within SteamVR. To do this, there are 3 steps:

a) edit the file mentioned above, and make sure that the line "motionReprojectionMode..." is either deleted or commented out, i.e. put // in front of it.

b) if you are running the standalone version of DCS, you must add it to your Steam Library as a non-Steam game.

c) WHEN DCS IS RUNNING, go to SteamVR settings>'Video>Per-Application Video Settings' and select DCS from the drop down list. Then select 'Motion Smoothing>Enabled' from the drop down list of options.

(Note: I personally cannot see DCS in the list of applications, whether it is running or not.)

It's as simple as that - almost!

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT EVERY TIME there is a WMR update, the default.vrsettings file mentioned above reverts back to Microsoft's default, and your edited file gets over-written. The only way you can tell if this has happened is that in DCS - and all other apps - MP will be switched off (as the default option is now 'disabled') and your fps will jump around between 45 and 90.

When you notice this, whether you are using 1) WMR or 2) SteamVR for MP, you will have to edit the file again as per instructions above, as the default 'disabled' applies to SteamVR as well.

I hope that is useful, and please tell me if anything is incorrect.

Baldrick33 has made an excellent point, and that is that you may require different MP settings for different apps. In that case, using SteamVR is your only option, as using WMR applies your setting to all games/apps.

Pure gold! Thank you for that clear explanation. That's really helpful.

See my post a couple above for a link to my guide on this. The SteamVR option gives more flexibility in terms of varying the MP options by app.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense now. Thanks.