HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

NOPE

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Since about Feb. DCS crashes (video freeze) while dogfighting in both 2.5.5 OB and 2.5.6 OB. In simple 2-ship BFM practice mission (Caucasus) I can chase a MiG all day until he goes vertical. As I pull up losing the horizon in lag pursuit, the video freezes and I get the dreaded DCS purple Waiting box. Anyone else with Reverb Pro experience this?

System: Win 10 1809, I5-8600, NVidia RTX 2070 Super, 32 GB DDR4, 800W PSU

Yep. I had to stop flying in Dec. since coming back, the performance is woeful and DCS keeps crashing. It feels like I’m spending most of my time filling in the crash reports now.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

Since about Feb. DCS crashes (video freeze) while dogfighting in both 2.5.5 OB and 2.5.6 OB. In simple 2-ship BFM practice mission (Caucasus) I can chase a MiG all day until he goes vertical. As I pull up losing the horizon in lag pursuit, the video freezes and I get the dreaded DCS purple Waiting box. Anyone else with Reverb Pro experience this?

System: Win 10 1809, I5-8600, NVidia RTX 2070 Super, 32 GB DDR4, 800W PSU

Had unexplainable sequence of blue screens and then driver crashes mid game after more memory added to my overclocked 8600K box. After plenty of dead ends, what did not fix it was fine tuning my factory overclocked GTX 1080 by monitoring voltage, temp, fan speed etc. to a little less overclock which helped a lot,

but was finely fixed by upping the voltage of my memorybank which are 3200 MHz sticks from the basic XML 1.35V to 1.45V (which should be perfectly acceptable according to the interweb). Who would have thought.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

can you post a screen dureiken?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Hi, is there a way to get away from shimmering ? I have HP reverb, but even with MSAA SSA shadows on high, I have shimering on building, runways etc ....

thanks a lot,

Same here, I hate it.

And I wouldn’t know how to post a screenshot considering it’s visible only through the headset lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

can you post a screen dureiken?

Same here, I hate it.

And I wouldn’t know how to post a screenshot considering it’s visible only through the headset lenses.

yes we can't screenshot it, it's only in HMD

Jaggies and shimmering are the most annoying effects to my eyes.

I managed to reduce the first with 4X MSAA but no way to cut down the second.

It’s particularly visible

On the edge of bright shapes.

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Jaggies or shimmering is something VR has to deal with at least for now. If it's a choice, I'd rather choose fps. So I just turn MSAA off and use that resource to PD or SS. At least make the jaggies smaller and everything sharper.

Also, after realizing SteamVR is already doing SS at 100%, I tried setting it lower to my HMD's native resolution. Then increased in game PD to 2.5. I'm seeing a lot better FPS and quality. Especially at distance.

Edited by Taz1004

Jaggies or shimmering is something VR has to deal with at least for now. If it's a choice, I'd rather choose fps. So I just turn MSAA off and use that resource to PD or SS. At least make the jaggies smaller and everything sharper.

Also, after realizing SteamVR is already doing SS at 100%, I tried setting it lower to my HMD's native resolution. Then increased in game PD to 2.5. I'm seeing a lot better FPS and quality. Especially at distance.

what are your settings so ?

I tried, it doesn’t work. With my system at least.

As much as I push PD or increase over sampling in SteamVR the benefit on jaggies is nowhere near the one I get with MSAA.

I can run MSAA 4X with decent image quality settings and PD 1.0/oversampling 100% and gli get timing below 20ms in more simple scenarios and max 25 when flying low altitude on the woods.

But you are totally right, the said truth is that VR consumer technology is not mature yet. Well at least not for my expectations anyway

As much as I push PD or increase over sampling in SteamVR the benefit on jaggies is nowhere near the one I get with MSAA.

I can run MSAA 4X with decent image quality settings and PD 1.0/oversampling 100% and gli get timing below 20ms in more simple scenarios and max 25 when flying low altitude on the woods.

But you are totally right, the said truth is that VR consumer technology is not mature yet. Well at least not for my expectations anyway

Right, again, it's tradeoff. And depends on preference. Shimmering and blurring bothers me as much as jaggies. And stutter bothers me the most.

I think the user experience in DCS is more system performance limited. DCS with The Reverb, 150% SS, 4x MSAA and reasonable high ingame settings can be breathtaking and beautiful experience. Too bad there is no system on the market that could run it 90fps or even reprojected 45fps without occasional frame drops. But we are already close with highest end systems. Maybe next gen GPUs solve this problem already. Of course I would welcome even higher resolution VR HMDs, but right now in DCS you would still be performance bottlenecked.

yes we can't screenshot it, it's only in HMD

You can still take your cell phone and take a picture inside your headset. May not be great, but itll do.

My wallpaper and skins

Human body can adept to jaggies and shimmering quite well.

You can now choose to moan or enjoy VR now.

Who’s moaning?

I dont think you know what adept means. And what makes you think they shouldnt moan about it? Thats how things get fixed. You can (adapt) yourself and enjoy it. Let others try to figure out a way to make it better. Let you worry about you.

My wallpaper and skins

Mine cannot ! And i am adept at enjoying VR now...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Moan the moan or enjoy the joy ;-)

I do not reach my goals by moaning. That is not how things get fixed in this world. Only works when you are very young.

Hardware will get faster. Software will get faster. I look forward to play without jaggies and shimmering in the future, not possible today. If you choose to not use VR today, your choice :-)

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Moan the moan or enjoy the joy ;-)

I do not reach my goals by moaning. That is not how things get fixed in this world. Only works when you are very young.

Incorrect - the first step in troubleshooting is knowing you have a problem. Thats what complaints are for.

My wallpaper and skins

Everybody is free to say all his complaints and problems.

I just like to give the little advice:

You miss out if you wait for all your expectations to be fullfilled.

Sometimes there is more happiness in reach if you lower your expectations a little bit ;-)

Then I guess that we should all just be happy and live with the Rift CV1 and hope the CV2 is just as good..because its not going to get better. Great analogy. Because why bother fixing something if its good enough?

My wallpaper and skins

It is just a rabbit hole if you constantly try to improve image quality in VR and the time spent with this futile activity stops you from actually flying with your headset. I have seen many poor simmers falling down this hole. ;-)

Welcome to the wonderful world of computer software! Nothing has been better since Windows Xp. Anyways, thats what it is. Software is always upgrading, -more often than not- downgrading.

My wallpaper and skins