HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Buy a 3090 and turn the shadows back *** ON *** BABY!!!

Never turned them off. I did turn them down for syria though.

I'm just hoping there is a combo of settings with a 3090 that will let me run 90fps on most maps most of the time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Im hoping a 3090 doesnt bottleneck on a Pci-E 3.0 port

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Yeah, theres no point in running in SLI since VR doesnt really like it that much.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Depending on your mother board config there are other things that could consume those lanes, for example NVME drives could use some of them...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Sorry to maybe intrude on your conversation here (didn't want to create a new thread for it).

So, I've been flying the Huey a lot lately in Syria and I noticed something really annoying.

Back in the days when I still had my CV1, there was this thing called ASW, which I could set in strength with key combination RCtrl-Numpad1 to 4

Setting ASW to off, helped removing these strange visuals:

But now I own a Reverb which (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't have this ASW functionality. However when looking at other aircraft through my spinning rotor blades, I also see this annoying "washed out" effect (sorry I don't know the correct term).

Did anyone else experience this? Is there a way to reduce/remove this unwanted effect?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

ASW is brand specific to Oculus.

the equivalent in the windows world is motion smoothing or motion reprojection...

fire up windows mixed reality for Steam VR settings by running the command

navigating to the \Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\bin\win64 directory and double clicking on "OpenVRSettingsUX.exe"-> select Graphics and make sure that its set to SteamVR per -app setting.

run DCS

then go to steam VR settings -> video -> per application video settings -> select DCS -> motion smoothing "enabled" to switch between 90/45 or forced to set it to 45fps

you might need to restart dcs

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Another way of achieving the same thing is to press down on your controller thumbstick - when you are in VR - to bring up SteamVR dash, then all the options are selectable on the WMR tab in the bottom left group of icons.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Another way of achieving the same thing is to press down on your controller thumbstick - when you are in VR - to bring up SteamVR dash, then all the options are selectable on the WMR tab in the bottom left group of icons.

couldn't for the life of me remember the shortcut! thanks m8

ASW is brand specific to Oculus.

the equivalent in the windows world is motion smoothing or motion reprojection...

fire up windows mixed reality for Steam VR settings by running the command

navigating to the \Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\bin\win64 directory and double clicking on "OpenVRSettingsUX.exe"-> select Graphics and make sure that its set to SteamVR per -app setting.

run DCS

then go to steam VR settings -> video -> per application video settings -> select DCS -> motion smoothing "enabled" to switch between 90/45 or forced to set it to 45fps

you might need to restart dcs

Thanks speed-of-heat. However, I already set motionreprojectionvector (or whats it called again) directly in the WMR folder. You know, that default.vsettings file in the WMR directory, I've set that to "Auto"

Do I better need to set that one to "disabled" and enable "motion smoothing" in SteamVR?

I thought they were the same.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks speed-of-heat. However, I already set motionreprojectionvector (or whats it called again) directly in the WMR folder. You know, that default.vsettings file in the WMR directory, I've set that to "Auto"

Do I better need to set that one to "disabled" and enable "motion smoothing" in SteamVR?

I thought they were the same.

You can still use that file, but that method has been made redundant with the recently introduced method I mentioned above using the WMR tab in the SteamVR dashboard.

The settings file gets overwritten with every update, so use the dashboard icon and leve the settings file at default to save yourself a lot of grief!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You can still use that file, but that method has been made redundant with the recently introduced method I mentioned above using the WMR tab in the SteamVR dashboard.

The settings file gets overwritten with every update, so use the dashboard icon and leve the settings file at default to save yourself a lot of grief!

Ok thanks :thumbup:

System specs:

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone having tracking problems lately? Tracking is very “jumpy”. I checked with other games and they are just fine.
Yes! I even put in brighter bulbs yesterday thinking I needed more light. Everything else seems ok I have tried.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Set some, a number of people reported getting better tracking as a result. I typically reset it after lighting changes in the room

I tried - (a) very bright light(s) 100W - , but I ended up with moderate lights (3) shining away bouncing the walls 210°, works better.

• Like 1

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Set some, a number of people reported getting better tracking as a result. I typically reset it after lighting changes in the room

I had tracking problems recently and that trick helped me. A lot.

I had no changes in the rooms lighting or furnishing.

I had quite much lights, always on when gaming.

I did not use room boundaries, seated gaming only.

Tracking got worse and worse and I got the tip to reset room boundaries.

This fixed the issue!

• Like 1

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

I reverted to the non beta version of SteamVR and so far so good!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat