max g load for external tanks

twistking

Hey,

i could not find anything in the manual, about the maximum g load with external tanks.

I'm especially interested in the centreline tank, as the external wing tanks slow down the plane so much, that they would not be viable for combat manouvering anyways, even if they could sustain the Gs.

The centerline tank however has less of an effect on flight performance and since it's nicely and tightly fitted into the belly tunnel, i was wondering if it was indeed designed to be somewhat suitable for combat manouvering.

Also is there a special trick to only jettison the outer tanks, but keep the centerline tank?

thanks!

Limits for full or partial CFT + Wing tanks:

900kph M0,9 G +4 -1,5; max 15 deg. AoA

Limits for full or partial CFT:

1000kph M0,9 G +4 -1,5; max 22 deg. AoA (M<0,85), max 15 deg. AoA (M>85)

Limits for empty CFT:

1000kph M0,9 G +7 -1,5

1000kph M0,85 G +9 -2,5

Limits with no payload:

1500kph M2,35 G +7 -1,5

M0,85 G +9 -2,5

First press of Ctrl + W (Jettison weapons!) will get rid of the wing tanks, second press will jettison CFT.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Limits for full or partial CFT + Wing tanks:

900kph M0,9 G +4 -1,5; max 15 deg. AoA

Limits for full or partial CFT:

1000kph M0,9 G +4 -1,5; max 22 deg. AoA (M<0,85), max 15 deg. AoA (M>85)

Limits for empty CFT:

1000kph M0,9 G +7 -1,5

1000kph M0,85 G +9 -2,5

Limits with no payload:

1500kph M2,35 G +7 -1,5

M0,85 G +9 -2,5

Where did you find those figures draconus? :)

According to the Luftwaffe manual, the maximum allowed speed with CFT is M1.5 regardless of whether its full/partial full or empty(because its a drag related issue), while G-limitation is is + 4/-1.5 when full/partial full, but none(general aircraft flight limits) when empty.

For wing tanks its M0.9 - again regardless of whether they are full or empty, while the G-limitation is +6/-1.0 when empty and +4/-1.0 when full/partially full.

JJ

Where did you find those figures draconus? smile.gif

From "Руководство по летной эксплуатации (РЛЭ) распространяется на самолеты МИГ-29 всех серий и включает основные указания летчику по эксплуатации и технике пилотирования самолета, подлежащие обязательному выполнению, а также рекомендации по действиям в особых случаях в полете." :)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

From "Руководство по летной эксплуатации (РЛЭ) распространяется на самолеты МИГ-29 всех серий и включает основные указания летчику по эксплуатации и технике пилотирования самолета, подлежащие обязательному выполнению, а также рекомендации по действиям в особых случаях в полете." :)

Anyway, it basically says the same as the Luftwaffe manual, except for specifying the conditions for the max g-loads.

JJ