Client is tainted

Vino

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for your precious feedback. 👍

Have you tried adding your DCS game path as an exception to Kaspersky?

Yep - sadly no difference. Clearly something new from Kapersky. Suspect time has come to change internet security….

17 hours ago, P999 said:

Yep - sadly no difference. Clearly something new from Kapersky. Suspect time has come to change internet security….

Just some food for thought, the built in windows defender does a really good job. I haven’t used a 3rd party internet security since windows defender came about and have never had the slightest hint of a virus on any machine… But everyone has their reasoning to have extra protection, nothing wrong with that. In the business world, a lot of the software I install on PC’s( access control systems and online management software) seem to throw lots of fits with kaspersky in particular. I used trend-micro for many many years with no issues until defender came out.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

16 hours ago, MadKreator said:

Just some food for thought, the built in windows defender does a really good job. I haven’t used a 3rd party internet security since windows defender came about and have never had the slightest hint of a virus on any machine… But everyone has their reasoning to have extra protection, nothing wrong with that. In the business world, a lot of the software I install on PC’s( access control systems and online management software) seem to throw lots of fits with kaspersky in particular. I used trend-micro for many many years with no issues until defender came out.

Thanks for that thought - really appreciated. As I use that computer exclusively for sims and on the back of your comments have looked up what others have said about Defender, that looks like a really simple, sensible plan. Money in the bank for more modules…..😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, Mikke_EAF331 said:

Ok, that might actually have done the trick. Managed to join 4YA, get airborne and fly until I stupidly ripped my wing in the Spitfire (for some reason that seems to be happening more for me now, but that might just be me). Thanks Flappie!

That worked until the latest patch, but now the problem is back and perhaps even worse than it used to be. Will try it again and see if that helps this time again or not.

Edited by Mikke_EAF331

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the IC system. I log in, the shield is green, and I pick a multiplayer server.

ICpass.png

Halfway through loading into the server, it kicks me out and says I have a tainted client (it just told me I was clean).

tainted.png

The thing it's complaining about is a custom autostart script I made to automate some MFD setup on the F-18, since we don't have any data cartridge capability and I got sick of setting up all my radar settings per mode by hand.

tainted2.png

Why does it tell me my client is fine and then kicks me out after I try to join a server?

Why would a modified autostart script be considered "bad" for IC? It doesn't give me any advantage other than saving me a couple minutes on the ground at start up. This makes no sense.

@BIGNEWY
@NineLine

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, key_stroked said:

I don't understand the IC system. I log in, the shield is green, and I pick a multiplayer server.

ICpass.png

Halfway through loading into the server, it kicks me out and says I have a tainted client (it just told me I was clean).

tainted.png

The thing it's complaining about is a custom autostart script I made to automate some MFD setup on the F-18, since we don't have any data cartridge capability and I got sick of setting up all my radar settings per mode by hand.

tainted2.png

Why does it tell me my client is fine and then kicks me out after I try to join a server?

Why would a modified autostart script be considered "bad" for IC? It doesn't give me any advantage other than saving me a couple minutes on the ground at start up. This makes no sense.

@BIGNEWY
@NineLine

Hi, it's possible your antivirus real time scan is creating the problem. Try adding an exception for DCS to see if it helps. 

Run a slow repair of DCS also just in case. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, it's possible your antivirus real time scan is creating the problem. Try adding an exception for DCS to see if it helps. 

Run a slow repair of DCS also just in case. 

Anti-virus is disabled on my computer. I have also tried all types of repair but the problem persists.

Is it possible for ED to remove autostart scripts from the Integrity Check filter?

3 hours ago, key_stroked said:

ICpass.png

@BIGNEWY
@NineLine

The game doesn't load everything immediately. When you load into a server and pick a plane it'll finish loading in assets and if some of them violate the IC it'll kick you.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh please fix this ....

Incriminated file: coremods/wwii units/a-20g/textures/a-20g.zip

Kicked after 45 minutes flying an intense mission 🥵

No mods, repair had been done some weeks ago. DCS restart did not help, computer reboot did.

The DCS folder is in the exclusions list for windows security.
Thinking about it - the saved games/dcs folder not. Will add it and hope for the future...

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

Try this:

1. Remove the incriminated file.
  2. Run a cleanup and repair.

I have done that before. It's not the first time this happens to me. Not often neither, maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
And as said above, after a reboot of the PC the red shield was green again, and all fine.
Until some day I will probably again get completely unexpectedly kicked out of the middle of a thrilling mission ...