Pls make better wingman A.I. for BS!

Blacknemisis

Man trying to work with your wingman in this game is a %@#$%. I try to do SEAD missions with the T and I set up a convoy near 2 SAM sites and 1 AAA. Why is it that when I tell my wingman to engage air defense he will either attack on and then attack the convoy, or try to attack the convoy and get to close and drop his payload after I had told him to engage air def.

I hope in BS the A.I. with the wingman is improve. And if so pls put that A.I in the fix wing wingman:joystick:

weird, dunno why he was banned. that was his past post "FM=Flight Model"

Mmmn.

While I accept that the mods do a difficult job in often difficult circumstances . . . . I've been on the forums most of the afternoon and didn't see anything remotely offensive.

I'm not a mod and can't second-guess them - but I haven't seen anything that suggests Cali should have been banned at this time.

C'mon, chaps - did someone's finger slip, or is there a reason behind this one?

Wait its not the fact AI cheats its the fact AI doesn´t obey, or does not act as intended.

When you call for attack ground threat you don´t expect them to attck a supply truck ... Its seems it lacks a list of threats, or a list of threats by priority.

I don't understand why are people complaining about Lockon AI?!

1. They fly perfect formations with you

2. They can tell if you fire a heat seeking missile from 20 clicks out without having to look around

3. They'll bravelly continue to taxi at 20kmph even if the wingman in front of them is hit and destroyed with KAB500

Anyone has more?

the problem with LockOn AI is old and is not likely to be addressed in Black Shark. I raised the same questions many times but I had no answers, I was just given some "warnings" because in a screenshot thread I said "c'mon instead of doing perfect 3D models let's make AI behave as it should"... ok I know that 3D models are 3rd-party-made, but that creates an unbalanced sim...

the list of problems is long and is not just limited to "wingman" AI. All AI units suffer from clear bugs which make the game highly un-enjoyable in single player. SEAD units most of the times don't work, attack aircraft do their attack runs at low speed letting AD work at their best, wingmen do what they want...

It's not a matter of planning, it's just that AI doesn't use resources as it should.

And, I say it again, making detailed FM for aircraft and adding detailed 3D models for ground units is ok, but in a military sim realism means also good AI. otherwise it would just be another Flight Simulator... Black Shark will likely be a good but very unbalanced sim...

Need some sort of will and wont thread fom the DEVs so these questions stop turning up lol

LO is 4 years old there maybe be one more patch and then Black Shark nothing major is going to be adressed in any patches as Lockon is ready for non-supported heaven soon ;)

Lockon has been great but ED are working hard on their new titles which are going to rock!

RIP Lockon

Need some sort of will and wont thread fom the DEVs so these questions stop turning up lol

LO is 4 years old there maybe be one more patch and then Black Shark nothing major is going to be adressed in any patches as Lockon is ready for non-supported heaven soon ;)

Lockon has been great but ED are working hard on their new titles which are going to rock!

RIP Lockon

You would be right if BS wasn't LockOn. But in fact BS is just an improved LockOn, based on the same engine, new AFM for a new helo, new 3D models, improved and larger terrain. Sure these are good new features, but the basic game engine remains the same. And the AI code AFAIK is not far from a copy&paste from Lomac code (since it wasn't addressed in FC either)

IMHO the fact that BS would be a more unbalanced sim is that you can't improve a single set of aspects (where Lomac is already good compared to other sims) and leave "as is" some features where Lomac is clearly behind its few competitors.

I hate the way AI use afterburners and are actually still slowing down? :huh:

for example... I am flying level with my AI wingman... I tell him to RTB... the AI then goes hi, goes full afterburner... and yet he's slowing down behind me... or even better... I am in a dive following the AI... I am full idle and air brakes extended... the AI is in same dive angle... has afterburners on and the damn thing is slowing down more than me... :doh:

I hope propper FM for all aircraft, even AI, should fix this nonsense... :book:

No longer active in DCS...