Please (oh God, not again :\) make the Su-25A's engines realistic

In FC the engines of the Su-25 always casue an explosion, that is after being on fire. Not matter what I do: shut down both engines, dump all fuel. I always end up scattered over a large area of the Crimea penninsula, that is the Su-25A blows up. In the Su-25T however, if I shut down a burning engine, it will stop burning (no fuel, no fire). So, why isn't that the case with the vanilla Su-25?

P.S. 6x R-77 on the Mig-29S as well.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Crossposted:

Speaking about the vanilla Su-25A, can we have the same engine fire moddeling as on the Su-25T, I get sick of blowing up after shutting down both engines. The vanilla Su-25A (post Ghanistan) have sufficient armor to not blow up after a Stinger hit. Yet in lomac the engine always keeps on flaming, even after everything is shut down, and you're flying an overweight glider.

. . . . and? :D

Shutting down both engines won't help if a fuel line is ruptured.

I don't know if that's the way they've modelled it, or whether it's an oversight . . . . worth asking for, I guess :)

It might be some modification of the Su-25T that prevented such thing from occuring (fuel cutoff valves), but then again, why isn't it on the Su-25, that thing has armored nacelles and aluminium plates between the engines. It's no whining, just curiosity towards the subject, maybe ED did model it right. But since we don't have fire extinguishers the only option remains CTRL+EEE, and I love doing emergency landings in the Su-25T. Heck, I bet I have thousands of flight hours on the 25T doing no engine/gear/wing/nose/tail landings and walinkg away from them (not flying ;))

I got around the problem by assigning the "Space" bar for ejecting :D .

Seriously now, is realistic for a jet to blow up in pieces after he was hit let's say, badly by a rocket? I mean.... seconds or minutes after that. I assume the weapons were jetisoned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

But, before going on to that; do you know that F-15 and AMRAAM is undermodelled?

PS: I agree :D

i was actually looking for an f15 discussion thread coz ive heard that it is indeed weakly modelled compared to its true capabilities...search dint help much...could u point me to it plz?

--NiTiN--

i was actually looking for an f15 discussion thread coz ive heard that it is indeed weakly modelled compared to its true capabilities...search dint help much...could u point me to it plz?

Most of the threads have been deleted because they eventually descended into flame wars and chaos - which is a shame.

There are capabilities that just aren't modelled in Lomac (some of the radar modes), there are some areas that have been shown to be inaccurate (thrust at altitude for one has been accepted by the devs and is awaiting the next patch), and there are capabilities that are still open to debate.

AMRAAM range is a big one. The general opinion seems to be that it should be better.

The problem is that the way some of this stuff works is - or rather, when Lomac was being developed, WAS - classified. Without accurate real-world information and performance data, creating an accurate model is pretty difficult.

To put it simply, it's pretty much true that the F-15 isn't modelled to 100% accuracy.

But then neither's any other aircraft, it's just that it seems more obvious on the F-15. That or the people flying the F-15 make more noise about it ;)

It's still fun, and squads still do fly the F-15 effectively and well.

Actually that thread contained proof that the thrust at altitude was too low. And Yo-Yo said he'd be looking to fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

i was just curious....it is still my choice, the tews and the tws modes on the f15 are just damn amazing!

but i just cant seem to get the aim120 to work properly, a very poor hit ratio

although the russian missiles seem much more effective, ive set missile accuracy to 75-80 %.

--NiTiN--

The Su-25T will explode when you are hit AGAIN, AFTER you already shut down the burning engines. You get one chance to extinguish the engines, and that's realistic, as with a second hit the damage may become greater, exposing fuel tanks. It's not that it's a one time thing, it's a recurring annoyance, not being able to save the plane after a puny stinger hit you. The Su-25T can, so why not the Su-25? I don't see any reason why the Su-25T should be able to make a glide home and the su-25A explode.

FFS, this is about the su-25's engine moddeling, make your own thread for the F-15 tws and aim-120 whining :(

Our squad and I've got the same problem with te Su-25A. When we hit by someting in the engine section, we say a couple of f*cks and this sh*t is gonna explode agains, and then we explode randomly. I agree that something have to done about this. The Su-25T and the A is basicly the same, because the T is built over an Su-25UB witch is the two seater version of the Su-25. So the engine section must be the same. Also in the cockpit there are two switches for fire extinguisher both in the A and the T. So it is have to be a bug. Also after you shot down the flameing engine in the A you're noticeing that the flameing sound volume gets lower and it's stops for 1 second then it's starst over again. After the flames starts again you can't save your plane.

It is indeed a very very anoing bug.

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

Our squad and I've got the same problem with te Su-25A. When we hit by someting in the engine section, we say a couple of f*cks and this sh*t is gonna explode agains, and then we explode randomly. I agree that something have to done about this. The Su-25T and the A is basicly the same, because the T is built over an Su-25UB witch is the two seater version of the Su-25. So the engine section must be the same. Also in the cockpit there are two switches for fire extinguisher both in the A and the T. So it is have to be a bug. Also after you shot down the flameing engine in the A you're noticeing that the flameing sound volume gets lower and it's stops for 1 second then it's starst over again. After the flames starts again you can't save your plane.

It is indeed a very very anoing bug.

Thank you for understanding and not saying it's some unique occurance or starting about other weapon systems.

I'm glad to help this cause!

The 25A is my favourite plane since Armoured Fist 2 back in 1997 :)

Beside i mentioned this problem, before but nobody listend to it. Maybe this time... I really hope this time it reach the proper ears because i love to see my frog full of holes and with missing parts, just like back in the Il-2 when the mission was boring if you can't see through your sturmoviks wing :D.

• Like 1

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

The Su-25 has been flown back to base in Afghanistan on one engine, on fire with Stingers jammed in the fuselage - it shouldn't explode every time it catches fire !!!

Please model this plane's reaction to engine fire ( & the effect of turning off the affected engine ) the same as the Su-25T.

Cheers.

And i still vote for a bolt on refuel probe for the mig-29 hehe

YESSS!!! So we can have something like the Mig-29BM, without having to LOPE it too much (only to add the Kh-29T and KAB-500), sure, no A-G radar, but heck, a refueling probe, that Miggie can fly all the way up to Turkey, with *presents*.