[NO BUG] TACAN X/Y issues

diditopgun

Hi!

If I set KC-135MPRS TACAN to 55X in mission editor, in flight the kneebord display 55Y. And whatever I select X or Y in cockpit, both work.

Edited by IronMike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Ah… Ok. I never saw it mentioned before, ED hide it to us ? ^^

Thanks !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hi, this post questioned me.

Like Diditopgun, I saw it in the kneeboard and thought that it was a bug.

Super Grover you tell us that Y is more natural to air-air modes. Is it only for the Tomcat?

I ask you that question because I use Tacan in air-air mode every week IRL during formation flight with helicopters (I am Pilot in French Air Force) and we use either X or Y mode with no difference and no restriction. Y mode is simply not used in DCS or was it the Tomcat that never used X mode?

Apart from that question, let me use this post to directly say something to your HB team:

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! The Tomcat is so "alive"! The Tomcat seems to be so real! I am sure 2019 March 13th became THE beginning of a new Era in aviation simulation.

Cheers

Dam

Edited by Damcopter

Sir, I don't know what Armée de l'Air use, and it would be very impolite from my side to suggest your magnificent air force using any channel or frequency. I'm sure that you and your colleagues from the air force are very proficient in using both X and Y, and even Z if that highly classified TACAN range existed.

I can only speak for DCS. Here, when we scan for TACAN stations in range, the only information available about each station is the frequency, and as you certainly know, both X and Y in the air to air mode have the same frequencies. There is no other difference between X and Y in DCS. We had to make a choice, and we selected Y because the receiver frequencies in the air to air mode are the same as the Y frequencies for the ground mode. That is what I meant when I wrote that it was a more natural choice for the air to air TACAN.

I hope that you can accept this little simplification of the TACAN system in DCS and that you will be able to enjoy both DCS and the F-14.

Once again please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Super Grover

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/