Why does moving to RIO seat cancel attitude hold?

imacken

If I'm in auto pilot attitude hold, why does moving to RIO seat cancel it and the plane level out? Seems bizarre.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Because ICEMAN AI takes over the controls. I do tho agree that by default he should hold current attitude until otherwise instructed.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

This surely has got to change. It makes no sense to be doing a circling movement - or any other come to that - go to RIO and the plane levels out. Go back to the pilot seat and try to redo the heading/attitude/altitude.

Really is crazy!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

+1

+1 yes the plane must keep attitude, altitude and speed, if possible of course :)

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I would like it if it would work in that way.

In my case switching to Jesters workplace lets the plane fly with my last joystick position which would lead to a plane crash.

Iceman will not stabilize the plane and reacts to none of my commands.

I don't know why but it may be related to the fact that I am using a FFB stick which has no spring and not really a center position.

I will do a test with deactivated FFB but I assume it's a bug - not a feature.

:joystick:

UPDATE: Test with deactivated FFB performed without success, as expected.

Iceman refuses to work in my cockpit.

Could anybody with a FFB joystick confirm this or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Edited by toto601

I would like it if it would work in that way.

In my case switching to Jesters workplace lets the plane fly with my last joystick position which would lead to a plane crash.

Iceman will not stabilize the plane and reacts to none of my commands.

I don't know why but it may be related to the fact that I am using a FFB stick which has no spring and not really a center position.

I will do a test with deactivated FFB but I assume it's a bug - not a feature.

:joystick:

UPDATE: Test with deactivated FFB performed without success, as expected.

Iceman refuses to work in my cockpit.

Could anybody with a FFB joystick confirm this or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Maybe there is no AI? The ICEMAN AI is a myth...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

+1 yes the plane must keep attitude, altitude and speed, if possible of course :)

@Heatblur team, do you plan to work on this subject soon ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits