Performance decrease

:thumbup: good admin :pilotfly:

By no way shape or form and I affiliated with ED or their partners - other than purchasing their product. My call sign is Ziptie and fly on GR servers and occasionally another. Certainly not a representative of Eagle Dynamics.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can’t stress enough the improvement that running the oculus debug tool to disable asw makes.... along with the clearing of fxo and metashaders2 folders. I run a “little ole” gtx980 and have preload maxed, textures on high, vis range on high, and disabled shadows (although I do run shadows in single player, not worth any potential trade off in multiplayer personally). Hold a steady 45 all day long in MP.

Cheers,

Don

Do you know of any way to kill this asw permanently? It seems like google/yt masters are not listening to any feedback related to this "feature".

Do you know of any way to kill this asw permanently? It seems like google/yt masters are not listening to any feedback related to this "feature".

I do not sir. Personally, I just go through the SOP of disabling manually via debug tool.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yea, it's been part of my DCS start up routine since I learned about this asw.

It makes a big difference on my rig to have it disabled.

+1 :pilotfly:

Cheers,

Don

• 1 month later...
I might repeat myself...

...but i think ED should really have a look at their promised performance optimizations.

For both VR and 2D gamers.

I remember flying low and fast with my hornet with stable 60(2D)/45(VR) fps when the hornet came out a while ago

and it was really the best fictional experience I ever had...

(besides some drug experiments when i was young).wink.gif

Unfortunately performance has gotten worse and worse with every update since then.

A few days ago I found myself desperatley experimenting with graphics settings for hours to get (back) stable fps where once I had super smooth 60fps in 2D and 45 in VR. Unsuccessful.noexpression.gif

(i7@4.8Ghz , 32GB RAM , 1080ti OC)

Please ED, now go and do your homework! You're talking about improvements and promising things that seem to actually develop into the opposing direction for quite a while now.

The performance is gone and so is the fun.mad.gif

Unfortunately I can't afford a "nuclear powered graphics card" and I believe I'm not the only one having this problem...

...going paragliding now...

...because stutter-free unlimited-fps nature!biggrin.gif

Absolut same here.

I have stopped playing DCS-World due to this big "issue" or downgrade with my Oculus Rift.

I´m not willing to buy any new module till at least old performance got back...mad.gif

Stop building more and more new planes and do the promised things as said!

P.S.

Tried all the known stuff like, deleting folders, reinstall older drivers, ASW on/off/auto, lowest ingame settings etc.

DCS is unplayable for me at the moment with VR so not spending any money till it is working again...

Edited by Terrorvogel
typo

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Absolut same here.

I have stopped playing DCS-World due to this big "issue" or downgrade with my Oculus Rift.

I´m not willing to buy any new module till at least old performance got back...mad.gif

Stop building more and more new planes and do the promised things as said!

P.S.

Tried all the known stuff like, deleting folders, reinstall older drivers, ASW on/off/auto, lowest ingame settings etc.

DCS is unplayable for me at the moment with VR so not spending any money till it is working again...

Blame ourselves . "I want wake turbulence modeling" . Comes with a performance penalty . " We want high-poly weapons , vehicles etc" . Comes with a performance penalty .

And so on and so on ad infinitum . People seem to think that all their requests can be fullfiled by pulling them out of the air , with no additional cpu/gpu loading .

It is one hell of a balancing act ED is continuously executing .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Blame ourselves . "I want wake turbulence modeling" . Comes with a performance penalty . " We want high-poly weapons , vehicles etc" . Comes with a performance penalty .

And so on and so on ad infinitum . People seem to think that all their requests can be fullfiled by pulling them out of the air , with no additional cpu/gpu loading .

It is one hell of a balancing act ED is continuously executing .

So ED should not promise performance optimizations of 50% instead of losing 50%...thats all i have to say about...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Guess I also join the club..since the last 3 updates (counting todays one) performance has gone bust. I have tried every and I mean EVERY trick in the book and I know quite a few of them since my specs are not so grand and nothing even made the slightest change. No matter what, when a bit closer to the ground stutters and fps drops start. All was fine up to the 3 last updates to Open beta.

I'm in the same situation, I have several modules but the lack of performance means the game is unplayable.

I appreciate this is a big ask, but ED please focus on the multi-threading performance improvement. As much as I'd like to buy a new module, both to support you and learn how to fly it, I won't be until the performance issues are addressed.

I share the pain.

I'm on a GTX1070 Ti and an i5-8600k and the fps is starting to reach the levels of FSX. It's noticeably below 30 on airfields and over high density areas, in the sky up high I can start to reach those desirable more desirable fps'. But the thing that's killing me is the micro-stuttering. It's the worst of any game I play right now, it's horrendous.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I share the pain.

I'm on a GTX1070 Ti and an i5-8600k and the fps is starting to reach the levels of FSX. It's noticeably below 30 on airfields and over high density areas, in the sky up high I can start to reach those desirable more desirable fps'. But the thing that's killing me is the micro-stuttering. It's the worst of any game I play right now, it's horrendous.

This is strange. With Vr or on a monitor? What settings?

On a i5 4690k @4.3Ghz , an RX580 8GB and 16 GB DDR3-1600 it's enjoyable for me, even in the tomcat.

About nine month ago it was like this and since the last big radeon driver update, it has become even better:

This is strange. With Vr or on a monitor? What settings?

On a i5 4690k @4.3Ghz , an RX580 8GB and 16 GB DDR3-1600 it's enjoyable for me, even in the tomcat.

About nine month ago it was like this and since the last big radeon driver update, it has become even better:

On a monitor. On single player (like your video) my game is fine, silky smooth unless I'm in a super dense area. But join a multiplayer server and everything goes to sh*t. MP performance is atrocious, there's little to no optimization.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD