DCS MiG-19P Status update_First report

OverStratos

Is the Huey being worked on? or are you saying that its going to be for ever in EA? its Eds work.. Belsimtech are now working on the Hornet then the Falcon... I believe teh H-1H is either done or done for... then. Gazelle?

Sorry if I come of too strong. I believe in giving new people a chance befor we destroy them ;)

My point was that they shouldn't have released it in this state when they promised a finished module that clearly isn't.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Besides this much worng is a series of numbers in teh code )out of Overstratos control), the effects are big yes, i will not denie it. but its a simpel miscalculations in number in a code....a very complex code tied to EDs engine that they must balance ;). Give them a chance, i believe they will come through. I don´t fly interceptor, and much less, Rusian, but I try to support with my wallet new interesting products that have promise ;)

Edited by Baco
typos

I do agree, that it should have come out as an EA. But bare in mind that ED forced the"compelate" tag on it, and that they supposedly had a week to check it out and they missed it too. what I mean to say is that this kind of inaccuracies and bugs are not uncommon. Eeven if a finnished product. The best of the best, Heatblur, has to cancel vacations to fix teh EA of the tomcat, so its "workable" (and its 80 buck NOT 50.) Its not slopiness nor negligence.. its software. As long as they fix it and do not abandone it like that, to me its fair game.

Dont worry if they screw up I will be right beside you with a pitchfork ;)

Thx for this set of info. My fingers are crossed for soon ;D.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"- Sustained turn at the altitude of 5.000 meters (5.4G)

Real MiG-19P: 31 seconds

DCS MiG-19P: 36 seconds (+16%)"

Thats heavy handicap. 5secs loss in full turn is where you loose the advantage.

Also, what is that line about G-Suit? Shouldnt there be a universal G endurance pilot in game? Does that mean tha if your Gsuit system fails you're crippled?

Anyway REPORT is GREAT. Good joob guys. We can see clearly comparison between RL and SIMed model. All devs should have this kind of honest comparrison.

I wonder what is the situation with all other modules presented in this way?

Excellent Report Razbam and thank you very much for your honesty,and obviously your hard work.

I,m really looking forward to today's update.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Great report! Extensive, well written and to the point.

One thing about the FM that was not mentioned. The MiG-19 (according to pilot interview) shakes and buffets a lot in the transonic region. Don't know if you have more data or info about this effect?

“There were quite a few bad qualities but the worst, in my opinion, was the thick wing which made transonic speeds (just short of Mach 1) very rough to ride through and almost uncontrollable, although it employed ‘short arm’ and ‘long arm’ technology to cater for it.”

https://hushkit.net/2017/10/30/flying-and-fighting-in-the-mig-19-in-conversation-with-wg-cdr-irfan-masum-part-1/

Obviously, this effect was on a Pakistani MiG-19S. But probably applies to other versions.

DCS: AJS37 Viggen has a similar effect when in transonic region.

"- Sustained turn at the altitude of 5.000 meters (5.4G)

Real MiG-19P: 31 seconds

DCS MiG-19P: 36 seconds (+16%)"

Thats heavy handicap. 5secs loss in full turn is where you loose the advantage.

Also, what is that line about G-Suit? Shouldnt there be a universal G endurance pilot in game? Does that mean tha if your Gsuit system fails you're crippled?

Anyway REPORT is GREAT. Good joob guys. We can see clearly comparison between RL and SIMed model. All devs should have this kind of honest comparrison.

I wonder what is the situation with all other modules presented in this way?

The G issue was a problem... 6g and you already blacked out! Fortunately this one is already fixed

Thank you for the report... it's good to see these being worked on...

I hope adverse yaw and dutch rolling will be also worked upon as from videos these are still missing and are very important for slow speed/high aoa behaviour

Nice explanation, keep up the good work.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This post was nothing short of epic, although super-cruise was one of the bugs I liked! :)

There's nothing better than putting the cards on the table face up in situations like this. It's also extremely cool to see how well the model performs against the plotted data.

Thanks for this, and keep up the great work!

Did the FM changes make it into today's patch, or will we have to wait for next Wednesday's OB patch?

I noticed some of changes according me.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

At first I was skeptic, but the sheer amount of progress in the last months is resembling an avalanche. Outstanding work!

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder