Airshow report: Kecskemét 2007

Thanks very much for the photos...

these three aircraft bring some memories back...

DSC04984.jpg

Yes. We were all togather and strong. That flag, that is Yugoslavian flag. Amazing ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Together we were then, true, and we could continue that way, if we were less dumb instead of following various nacionalistic idiots on all sides and get into that crazyness in the 90's.

Strong... that is relative

Back then communist propaganda pumped our heads with lots of we strong, we nice, blabla... 4th strongest army in the world and other nonsenses....

Now we no more together, balkanisation process in its finest made the job.... but lets be good neighbours :-)

ahmmm, sorry all, lets avoid politics...

Joe Kurr & Wasserfall, thx for sharing the experience and pics - reps inbound!

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON

Ground attacker. Although, there is a story about it encountering a MiG-21... including a version where the mig is shot down with guns :D :music_whistling:

more realistic air targets were tomahawk cruise missiles, where it was reportedly successful.

here's a vid including a cockpit shot of teh low pass, and some other aircraft :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Serbian Galeb flying low, really low!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

All aircraft made by Yugoslavian air industry (which I'm amaised a small country like that could have) was for advanced jet trainers and ground attack aircraft. For fighters we imported Russian birds (but I think also some American like F-86 but I'm not quite sure on this) aircraft like MiG-21 and MiG-29.

when I wa still a teeager and few years before the war started I was making lots of plastic aircraft kits.. one of them was Yugoslavian markings MiG-21 in 1:48 scale... I always wished I could buy Yugoslavian G-2 or G-4 but since these aircraft are not well known to the rest of the world no company made them.

so anyway... thanks again to all for sharing these...

No longer active in DCS...