[RESOLVED] CTD with istant action

ivo

Hi with last up-date I get always CTD when run Istant action/beyond visual/Persian Gulf map

Edited by IronMike

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I just CTD'd in Sidewinder training mission when I was about to gun the Su-25t. It had already been damaged in a previous gun run and I was about to finish it off when ehhhhhhhhh CTD.

EDIT: I forgot to delete the fxo and shader folders with the new update,so this my be the problem.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

My mistake...it was the sidewinder training mission ,not instant action. If that makes a difference.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Had two CTDs out of two flights (Nevada Instant action 3rd Generation) Prior to latest update the Tomcat was performing very well. No Logs created, DCS shut down instantly to windows (Win 10 64BIT )

It would probably help to try to carefully lay out the conditions for the CTD's. How much time elapses from mission start until the crash? What kind of mission were you flying? (instant action, self-made missions, multiplayer on public servers, etc). Have you noticed any consistency in terms of the cause? Do you find that it crashes when you do certain things?

I have been trying to test for these crashes and while I have only experienced one, I can't really reproduce it even when trying some of the things laid out in this thread. It might be easier to find the cause if we carefully lay out the conditions when it happened.

Hi Mike, I have a Windows error report from the event viewer if that would help, (but I am not sure if there are any security implications by putting it up on line.) other than that neither of my CTDs occurred at the same time, but as i was in a dogfight at the time it is difficult to say if one particular action caused it. I will test it again tomorrow :)

If you guys get any crashdumps, please attach! Thanks :)

I don't... I'm wondering about the latest newsletter item from ED since I got like 1 or 2 crash dumps in total of 10+ years of DCS. But probably well over a thousand crashes... rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Two CTD yesterday just before impacting the ground.

Not much in any log to discover. The CTD is instant without a “hangup” so there is probably no time for a crashreport. No popup window of DCS crashing either.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Hi this is only my impression, but I get CTD only with pre set mission, with my symple mission make M.E. never get this problem maybe this CTD is caused for more populed object in the map and PC can't menage all for problem with memory I run with only 16 GB DDR4....Bahhhh

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

I got consistent CTDs when the AI launches a missile at me during certain conditions.

Attached some logs and the custom mission file for reference.

Instant action cases - PG - BVR - Jester commanded to lock my target:

1. AI targeted me, on missile launch - CTD
  2. AI targeted my wingman, launched multiple missiles, no issues, they shoot me down with FOX2 - no CTD
  3. Commanded my wingman to home base, AI targeted me, on missile launch - CTD

Custom mission cases - PG - BVR - Jester commanded to lock my target:

1. MiG-29A - R-27R - after spike CTD
  2. MiG-29S - R-27R - after spike CTD
  3. Su-27 - R-27R - after spike CTD
  4. Su-27 - R-27ER - no CTD
  5. M2000C - 530D - no CTD
  6. F/A-18C Lot20 - Sparrow - after spike CTD

Guns and Fox2s are as far as I can tell are not causing CTDs. It could be the case, it's not even the Fox1 launch event is the reason, but it is the simplest way to replicate the issue.

I hope this helps a bit :thumbup:

ctd_logs.zip

ctd_test_pg.miz

This is now fixed. Sorry everyone. :( We hope to push this as a hotfix ASAP.

Thank a lot for your great work :thumbup:

Morning, yesterday installed the latest Hotfix then Loaded up Nevada instant action Constant Peg, and it ran for about 10 minutes of combat before it Crashed To Desktop,which was a bit sad :)

But here is the weird thing, I had not muted Jester and have been flying out from Nellis for hours all this week, Air to Air refuelled, used Jester to lock the KC 130 on Radar, change TACAN etc and no trouble at all??? :)

I am getting 90 to 100 FPS (10 FPS ish better since I cleared the FX and metashaders files, that was a really good hint!!)

Still love flying the F14, and its really good to have to do more A to A refuelling, but as yet no combat for me :( :)

Anything new on this?`

Just had to more ctd in instant action, when engaged and going high g

2019-03-29 10:28:42.316 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_impact): gain

2019-03-29 10:28:42.316 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_missileimpact): gain

2019-03-29 10:37:20.390 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:damage\structuralgroan): gain

2019-03-29 10:37:20.486 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_impact): gain

2019-03-29 10:37:20.486 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_missileimpact): gain