[LATER] Double GBU-38 per pylon

med-taha

Unless you have accurate coordinates and the target doesn't move, I doubt you'll be hitting tanks with these until we have a tgp.

And unless the coordinate input in the UFC changes, accurate coordinates are impossible. The current DDMMSS input limits you to around 30m/100ft accuracy. We need at least tenths of a second (i.e. DDMMSS.s) input in order to target a specific vehicle with reasonable accuracy.

I'm very happy with the addition of the JDAMs!

Anyone know if in this first stage we'll have condition to launch more then 1 bombs, like designate 2 or more PP? Like set PP1 for Bomb 1, PP2 for Bomb 2 and etc?

It would be awesome!

Thanks ED!

I doubt that will be in this patch, preplanned manual does not, i believe, allow salvo or sequenced releases.

To all the other posts on this page, some questionable info - not trying to be rude. But the JDAM interface is robust, can be mission card (I assume) or input in flight, multiple modes with ASL or bank angle, or tied to AP - we just won't get it all right now. Our lot should be able using auto mode to release 6 jdam on single pass for individual targets, or, multiple releases on the same target, from a specified release point, with different terminal trajectories (hit front of hardened target low trajectory same time as top at 90 degrees). Not sure our lot has FD mode? But regardless, even without GPS signal INS guidance is like 30m?

fwiw the jdam interface is the same as slam/jsow, so I suspect we have more toys coming. Also from the vid looks like quite a bit of work has been put into the PN, flight path looks much better than a-10.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Would it be possible to designate a target via the HUD and then release a JDAM on it?

This for missions where the current GPS isn't availible or accurate enough?

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Would it be possible to designate a target via the HUD and then release a JDAM on it?

This for missions where the current GPS isn't availible or accurate enough?

TOO will work with any target designation but proper HUD Designate is not implemented yet. Hopefully soon.

No, it does not. Simple setting up of PP targets and selecting each in turn with weapon release. Nothing Gucci.

Not now or not ever? I thought the C allowed salvo and single pass multi target sequence???

That was circa late 90s

Wags,

We’ll be able to put pre planned coordinates for the JADAMS From Mission Card interface ?

Pure speculation on my part, but I would assume that’s a large feature for both the JDAM integration as well as the PB mode of the HARM...which is why I think they might all be showing up together?

TOO will work with any target designation but proper HUD Designate is not implemented yet. Hopefully soon.

Thank you!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

• ED Team
And unless the coordinate input in the UFC changes, accurate coordinates are impossible. The current DDMMSS input limits you to around 30m/100ft accuracy. We need at least tenths of a second (i.e. DDMMSS.s) input in order to target a specific vehicle with reasonable accuracy.

PRECISE and GRID will be added later.

• ED Team
I wonder if there will be a new flight model for the JDAM, and if those happens they will apply to the A-10. Compared to GBU-12s the JDAM fly a lot slower for some reason, like it has a much higher drag or something.

As stated in the most recent video, yes.

So Wags just to be clear, sorry if you already answered but I don't think you have directly.

Our legacy/lot does or does not allow salvo release with independent targeting? I know you mentioned multiple release single target, but seemed to imply that PP Missions must be cycled manually

if that's the case I'm gonna need to correct some prior statements...

So Wags just to be clear, sorry if you already answered but I don't think you have directly.

Our legacy/lot does or does not allow salvo release with independent targeting? I know you mentioned multiple release single target, but seemed to imply that PP Missions must be cycled manually

if that's the case I'm gonna need to correct some prior statements...

That is a good question. The F-16C is able to set waypoints or pre-points to each JDAM to release in a single pass, like set for a multiple release but each bombs dive directly in their pre waypoint setting.

That is a good question. The F-16C is able to set waypoints or pre-points to each JDAM to release in a single pass, like set for a multiple release but each bombs dive directly in their pre waypoint setting.

The aircraft is capable, either as a series of waypoints along a route or if conditions permit (overlapping LAR), up to four targets may be engaged in a single salvo. My question was whether it was going to be implemented...

I think unintentionally I piss off the overlords around here sometimes, but I asked the same frigging question like 5 times. As I said, its not intentional, just naturally a dick...

Lot 20 18C allows a maximum of four JDAM on a single ripple, for both single target multiple release and multiple target multiple release profiles. This was before the BRU-55 was available to legacy hornets, however. Thus its possible this was increased in subsequent updates. The reason I was asking was because it involves more complex mission planning. Given the complexity, and the entirely different release ques, I wasn’t sure whether it would be implemented. It would require building new functionality into MP, so I could understand not doing so.

But, to prove my point, quoting the tactical manual (section in name):

Quantity Release Cues. (U) Four JDAM weapons are the maximum allowable in a quantity release. JDAM quantity release cues on the HSI format (Figure 2-50) are modified from single-target cues as follows. First, a separate JDAM Target cue and Terminal Heading cue is displayed for each weapon in the selected quantity. Second, the displayed IZLAR represents the intersection of each individual weapon IZLAR for each weapon in the quantity that has a heading-undefined target located within 15 degrees of aircraft heading or that has a heading defined target located within 10 degrees of aircraft heading with a Terminal Heading within 15 degrees of the line of sight from the aircraft to the target. Finally, the IRLAR and Minimum Range Circle cues are never displayed.

HSI with quantity release ques showing preselected terminal trajectories: https://imgur.com/qBvcHvi

As I said mission planning is much more complex. Usually performed pre-mission, and loaded via card, though possible to lesser extent in mission. As we are getting cards, it seems possible, but again... unsure. However, for those curious:

CMPM Quantity Release Manager (QRM). (U) The QRM offers several benefits in planning for both single target and multiple-target JDAM quantity releases. The QRM “Multiple Weapons/Multiple Target” mode may be used to generate routes for targets requiring more than one weapon. The QRM “Multiple Weapons/Multiple Target” mode may be used to group weapon releases for each aircraft. However, the QRM is not required to plan a quantity of JDAM; the same information generated by the QRM for single and multiple targets can be calculated by hand and used to construct a JDAM quantity release. The QRM also has limitations that may make it cumbersome for a simple quantity delivery. (U) When a route is added to a quantity release set, a copy is made, and two versions of the route will exist. Editing one copy of the route will not apply the changes to the other copy. When a route is removed from the quantity release set, that copy is deleted and a single copy will exist on TAMPS, but will not include any changes made to the QRM-copied route. Furthermore, a route that has been added successfully to a quantity release set may be edited only through the QRM.

Single-Target Quantity Release. (U) Ballistic dispersion characteristic of unguided munitions does not exist as such in guided weapons. In JDAM, ballistic dispersion is replaced with the analogous concept of “GPS dispersion”, which is the effect of GPS system error (i.e., PDOP) and inherent autopilot error. Since GPS PDOP is a function of time, date and global position, JDAM weapons launched at the same time against the same target coordinates effectively experience the same GPS system errors and tend to impact in the same location, governed by the PDOP at that time. Therefore, for most single target quantity releases, it is desirable to introduce artificial “dispersion” into the targeting solution by selectively distributing DMPIs about the desired target. DOP is discussed in detail in Annex A

Single-Target QRM Mode. (U) The Single-Target QRM mode distributes JDAM weapons over a single target that requires multiple JDAM to achieve desired PD. This distribution is calculated geometrically using the user-specified target width, length and axis of orientation, and centered about the target centroid (Figure 3-12), which are the coordinates contained in the TDS.

Release procedures are similar to single release, just hold the button:

QUANTITY RELEASE. (U) If a quantity release is selected, then the SMS automatically releases all selected JDAM in the quantity that are inventoried as safe to release (e.g., not WFAIL, hung, etc.). The SMS automatically steps over non-releasable weapons in order to complete the quantity release sequence. Since the SMS employs no asymmetry protection, one or more failed weapons may create an undesirable or uncontrollable weight asymmetry. (U) The minimum release interval for JDAM quantities is fixed at 300 milliseconds within the F/A-18C/D SMS, and cannot be overridden by the aircrew. Release interval may be longer than this, but cannot be shorter. With an initial interval of 800-900 milliseconds for the first JDAM store, the minimum required time to release the maximum quantity of four JDAM is 1.7 seconds.

Edited by sk000tch
i accidentally a quote

And if Wags and crew want to do something very cool, I suggest Tomcat Tactical Targeting:

Tomcat Tactical Targeting (T3 ). (U) Under certain flight conditions, the F-14 with its LANTIRN pod can produce JDAM targeting coordinates. This data is not used in real time. Referred to as Tomcat Tactical Targeting (T3 ), F-14 LANTIRN pods can generate LE/CE50-quality WGS-84 coordinates in {dd mm.mmmm’} format with elevations referenced to HAE. If validity checks of the T3 coordinate data and CE/LE figures are determined to a satisfactory degree, the coordinates may be used for a JDAM mission. T3 coordinate manipulation is discussed in Sections B.1.2.2 and B.1.2.4.

• (U) The following criteria, derived from the post-flight review of a LANTIRN video, must be applied to determine the validity of the derived T3 coordinates and CE/LE:
  • (U) A “**1” message must be present in the pod data block (lower left quadrant).
  • (U) The target bearing in the target data block (lower right quadrant) must be within 30 degrees of either the aircraft heading (displayed above the steering bar) or the reciprocal of aircraft heading. If this specific criterion is not met, then the LANTIRN line of sight depression angle relative to the horizon, displayed in the pod data block (lower left quadrant), must be greater than 60 degrees, indicating overflight of the target.
  • (U ) The combat laser must be selected (i.e., no “T” posted).
  • (U) The target location must be relative either to the AREA track crosshairs or the point in the center of the POINT track box.
  • (U) The slant range to the target must be less than 13.1 nautical miles and the aircraft altitude must be less than 25,000 feet MSL

I’m torn about JDAM. We want it because it’s difficult to hit targets with dumb bombs defended by SHORAD, but when we get it then I think we will miss the challenges and start to feel bored.

Super happy to hear that we will get more modern ejectors!

I’m torn about JDAM. We want it because it’s difficult to hit targets with dumb bombs defended by SHORAD, but when we get it then I think we will miss the challenges and start to feel bored.

Agreed, some time the missions are already a little easy/boring. Right now my plan is to have the enemy "replace" their sam sites X amount of time after its been killed. So this way players haver to keep suppressing enemy defenses. There are a lot automation I will need to place to solve a lot of these OP weapon issues when it comes in terms of limitation with AI SAM sites and such.

I also plan to limit weapons. Like I don't play to allow JSOWs in my missions just because those will be too much to design around.

So I аm just curious, how JDAM designate a target without TGP? If there are a group of targets - tanks, APC, etc.... Which target will hit?

Right now the accuracy is within a hundred meters and JDAMs use coordinates to pinpoint the target. I believe in the future Wags said they will get the accuracy down to ten meters and not sure, but using MGRS which will be implemented down the road.