Stridsvagn 103

Varis

If there ever is a high-fidelity ground vehicle... please make this one :smilewink:

https://youtu.be/IlS9HaSrhzU

Even more bizarr.. I mean unique than the Viggen :wub:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridsvagn_103

PS. Did you notice the awesome speech synthesis in the vid?

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Legit, I'd love there to be study-sim level armor sims in DCS.

And the S-Tank would be in my top 5. The fact that driver is also the gunner makes it similar to the Ka-50 in that it seems perfect for video game use.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Would be absolutely awesome if DCS could be like Steel Beasts / ArmA on the ground, and I'm guessing that is probably the long term plan since a while back, considering the rename to Digital Combat Simulator (not Flight simulator).

I guess the big question is: Is there a market for it? Would enough people be willing to pay for a simulation-level tank module the same as for an aircraft module? I hope so! But who knows...

Would be absolutely awesome if DCS could be like Steel Beasts / ArmA on the ground, and I'm guessing that is probably the long term plan since a while back, considering the rename to Digital Combat Simulator (not Flight simulator).

I guess the big question is: Is there a market for it? Would enough people be willing to pay for a simulation-level tank module the same as for an aircraft module? I hope so! But who knows...

I'd imagine there is. Although, a top priority would be to get out an opposing chassis so there's two playable ones. Also, better infantry behavior as infantry are a pretty important factor in armored warfare.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Believe or not this tank actually does get modelled in games. But a DCS / SteelBeasts level implementation is required to really let its peculiarity shine, I think.

PS. Why this is relevant to HB - they seem to prefer Swedish equipment... so why not - perhaps they could mentor a budding high-fidelity content creator or something, the world is full of surprises. (An AI/CA unit could be nice too... but... the above!)

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS