How do you do those mock BVR fights?

In training they usualy have a pod on the wing wich relays your position, so do others, when you press the trigger your input is registered and seconds later a computer answer will be told to the pilot via radio if thats a kill. A lock wont do. In the old days with rear hest seeking missiles a stable lock would do, suauly at the simulated enemies 6 wich was hard already to obtain and presented a high probability of kill, besides they didnt have the tech for a simulated missile shot live with the real world action.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

In training they usualy have a pod on the wing wich relays your position, so do others, when you press the trigger your input is registered and seconds later a computer answer will be told to the pilot via radio if thats a kill.

Seems to me a lot of unknowns are being tolerated by that type of calculation. A missile usually flies for about 15-20 seconds. What about evasive manouvers, chaffs?

It seems to me, all of those stuff are not computed into the simulation.

Seems to me a lot of unknowns are being tolerated by that type of calculation. A missile usually flies for about 15-20 seconds. What about evasive manouvers, chaffs?

It seems to me, all of those stuff are not computed into the simulation.

Bump (good question)

I always wondered this too!

I think you need a kill in the Missile No Escape Zone…(just a guess)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Bump (good question)

I always wondered this too!

I think you need a kill in the Missile No Escape Zone…(just a guess)

Seriously, such a "no escape zone" really exists? I mean, is a dumb projectile bearly flying, bearly "seeing", bearly thinking. In Lock On is very difficult to evade one but in real life, I think the studying and the training to evade such manace gets prime time. And I think chaffs and ECM and the tactics and so on are really doing their job.

I think that zone should be called "if you are a sleeper you're dead zone". :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No, the missile PK is just computed in probability of hit based on launch parameters. Nothing fancy.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Seriously, such a "no escape zone" really exists? I mean, is a dumb projectile bearly flying, bearly "seeing", bearly thinking. In Lock On is very difficult to evade one but in real life, I think the studying and the training to evade such manace gets prime time. And I think chaffs and ECM and the tactics and so on are really doing their job.

Actually it is much more difficult to evade in real life, according to certain people. In LOMAC missiles are very easy to evade when you see'em coming.

I think that zone should be called "if you are a sleeper you're dead zone". :D

They renamed it to 'Range Turn and Run' instead of 'No Escape Zone', because 'no escape' really meant 'if you do this and that, you can't out-run the missile', not 'there's no way in hell you're dodging that missile' ... but when you're sitting inside the Rtr, you're in a lot of trouble.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually it is much more difficult to evade in real life, according to certain people. In LOMAC missiles are very easy to evade when you see'em coming.

They renamed it to 'Range Turn and Run' instead of 'No Escape Zone', because 'no escape' really meant 'if you do this and that, you can't out-run the missile', not 'there's no way in hell you're dodging that missile' ... but when you're sitting inside the Rtr, you're in a lot of trouble.

yea thats more what i was thinking.

on a side note. why do all sams in lockon have no smoke trails while all sams in falcon have huge thick smoke trails. id think the latter is more real and makes evading easier and more fun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]