Rift HDMI Port Frustrations

Mad Dog 7.62

Looking for some advice from someone a little more computer savvy than me......

I have a 1080Ti card with two HDMI ports on it. My Rift is plugged into one, and my screen into the other. This usually works ok, but sometimes I get a blank screen on the rift.....when this happens the Oculus software shows the headset is connected OK, and the VR output is showing on the desktop monitor, but I get nothing in the Rift headset.

The fix for this is to swap the plugs in the HDMI ports. That always cures the problem, but having to do this is a moderate inconvienence. I am not sure why this happens, but does anyone have any ideas on how to maybe cure it? Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Do you have a dedicated, powered USB card that the Rift is plugged into? If you don't, that's one possible issue. For the HDMI connection, I actually found that getting a DVI to HDMI adapter and plugging the Rift into that cures any other connectivity issues. Oculus says that doesn't work with the Rift, but I know for a fact that it does. Been doing it that way for almost 3 years now, and its a cheap, easy fix. The dedicated USB card was a cheap, easy fix too. The combination of the two has made it bullet-proof. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Looking for some advice from someone a little more computer savvy than me......

I have a 1080Ti card with two HDMI ports on it. My Rift is plugged into one, and my screen into the other. This usually works ok, but sometimes I get a blank screen on the rift.....when this happens the Oculus software shows the headset is connected OK, and the VR output is showing on the desktop monitor, but I get nothing in the Rift headset.

The fix for this is to swap the plugs in the HDMI ports. That always cures the problem, but having to do this is a moderate inconvienence. I am not sure why this happens, but does anyone have any ideas on how to maybe cure it? Thanks!

When CV1 first came out, it was pretty common for folks to have to buy an HDMI-Displayport adapter. I had to when I had the 1080Ti. With 2080Ti, I haven't had to use the adapter.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I use an adapter for my laptop, MacAlly or something like that. Display port to HDMI. Also make sure the rift is getting enough juice, I use an external USB replicator with its own voltage supply for my rift.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you can try plugging your monitor into a Display Port and have only the Rift in HDMI.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you can try plugging your monitor into a Display Port and have only the Rift in HDMI.

Good idea. I just plugged my monitor into the DVI port with an HDMI adapter. We'll see how that works out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Had that issue as well. My problem turned out to be that the connector on the headset itself had gotten loose. So now I nake sure there is some play on the cable.

Yeah I also taped the cable so it would maintain a bit of play.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).