[NO BUG] Jester Not Closing Canopy in Assisted Startup

Southpaw

When choosing assisted startup Jester will not close the canopy, even with the ejection seat armed. I have tried arming it before he asks and waiting until he asks, but he never closes the canopy and the yellow box remains. If I abort and do a standard startup the yellow box remains indefinitely until I get into a fresh plane. This seems to have appeared after the latest patch.

I have no issues during a regular startup.

Edited by IronMike

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

Is he supposed to close the canopy? I just ran the assisted startup and thought he told me to do it, but I couldn't find where to click to close it so I just pressed LCTRL-C and it got closed and the procedure continued.

However, after the emergency hydraulic something low and high test, I couldn't bring the switch back to off anymore. The cursor icon changes like it's over the switch (or at least the cover), but neither left or right clicks did anything.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is he supposed to close the canopy?

He does that in unassisted startup.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Is he supposed to close the canopy? I just ran the assisted startup and thought he told me to do it, but I couldn't find where to click to close it so I just pressed LCTRL-C and it got closed and the procedure continued.

However, after the emergency hydraulic something low and high test, I couldn't bring the switch back to off anymore. The cursor icon changes like it's over the switch (or at least the cover), but neither left or right clicks did anything.

The canopy lever is on the under side of the rail that has the canopy controls labeled. Can't see it unless you bend down and look under it.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

He never, ever closed the canopy for us in assisted start, he's always asking me to do it. And I've done a lot of assisted startups. :D

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I tried assisted startup again. Got to the ejection seat step. Armed it. Then closed the canopy myself, but the yellow box still remains and jester does not continue the checklist.

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

Jester, slacker...:megalol::lol::lol:

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk