F14 ground movement sticky

BoneDust

Anybody noticed that the stickyness is gone now? Much better on my end!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Not for me. The cockpit shakes violently while the aircraft doesn’t move an inch when I throttle up. The whole aircraft is sliding around the carrier deck with the parking brake on. Currently the ground handling on the carrier is no fun at all, it feels extremely weird. Furthermore, the aircraft slides sideways while lining up on the cat.

Reduce the carrier speed below 14kts and it goes away, I found the same thing and it’s connected to the carrier speed. Just increase the wind to get a decent WOD.

Hopefully the new carrier mod fixes this.

I don't know if this fixes it...in the Tomcat Case I training mission, the carrier is stopped with only wind over the deck. After landing, the Tomcat slides as the carrier moves with the waves.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I don't know if this fixes it...in the Tomcat Case I training mission, the carrier is stopped with only wind over the deck. After landing, the Tomcat slides as the carrier moves with the waves.

Yeah it slides but it doesn't get stuck, I believe as mentioned further up the thread it was put in place to stop the aircraft sliding around on the deck when the carrier is really moving. If there is sea state the aircraft slide if the carrier is less than around 14 knots. If you crank up the speed the stickiness comes in.

I personally go with 11 knots of boat speed and 9 knots of wind at 30 feet. This gives 20 knots of WOD. This works without the other issues.

The plane is sticky. Always do brake check when first taxing to make sure they are all the way off. This is heavy jet its gonna take some thrust to get it moving.

The carrier sliding stuff is way more frustrating to me. Love lining up to shuttle to have wind blow me back off lol.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

• 2 years later...
On 3/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, Manuel_108 said:

It looks quite ridiculous really. You advance the throttles to a point where you feel like you should be moving, the whole cockpit shakes violently as if it disintegrates every second but you are still glued to the flight deck. I really wish ED fixed this already, given that, arguably, two DCS flagship modules are suffering from this.

Was this never addressed? I am still having a time moving around the supercarrier deck without using brakes; brakes are needed because it requires far too much power to get her moving at all. 

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

1 hour ago, Ghostrider142 said:

Was this never addressed? I am still having a time moving around the supercarrier deck without using brakes; brakes are needed because it requires far too much power to get her moving at all.

The "sticky" ground movement was necessary when the module was first being developed to address issues with it not staying on a moving carrier. These issues have been addressed by ED as more carrier based modules have come out. HB hinted they are nearing completion of the revamped ground physics, can't remember what thread but hopefully it will be soon

Edited by Hector45
  • Like 2

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

On 4/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, HawkDCS said:

The plane is sticky. Always do brake check when first taxing to make sure they are all the way off. This is heavy jet its gonna take some thrust to get it moving.

The carrier sliding stuff is way more frustrating to me. Love lining up to shuttle to have wind blow me back off lol.

1 hour ago, Hector45 said:

The "sticky" ground movement was necessary when the module was first being developed to address issues with it not staying on a moving carrier. These issues have been addressed by ED as more carrier based modules have come out. HB hinted they are nearing completion of the revamped ground physics, can't remember what thread but hopefully it will be soon

I just tried it again and did the brake check before rolling, made a big difference, this sounds like a hotas issue though. I found that just under 8 on the RPM gauge was good, maybe its my hotas resolution in that the increments of movement are not as fine as needed, I also have an issue finding the right speed for A2A refuel.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

9 hours ago, Ghostrider142 said:

I just tried it again and did the brake check before rolling, made a big difference, this sounds like a hotas issue though. I found that just under 8 on the RPM gauge was good, maybe its my hotas resolution in that the increments of movement are not as fine as needed, I also have an issue finding the right speed for A2A refuel.

Yeah that probably makes more sense, as "sticky" as the F14 is right now compared to the hornet, I've never had a problem getting it around the carrier.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Maxthrust said:

yea we heard all those before, I don't know why people feel compelled to respond to questions that was not addressed to them but I bet they would be more supportive if it served their priorities.

fanboys rejoice lol

Your question wasn't addressed to anyone in particular so you might want to remember this is a public forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cab said:

Your question wasn't addressed to anyone in particular so you might want to remember this is a public forum.

Gotta love how people post to a public forum, then get mad when answered by anyone other than the developer.  If they want to talk to the developer they should tag them into the question. Even then accept the fact that others may respond. 

I for one don’t have a problem with how the F14 behaves on the deck. Seems a good compromise between sticky and sliding.