KA-50 walkaround

Thanks!

Awsome cockpit pictures.

I'm just wondering how does the real/last gen of Ka- look like, because they certainly used glass panel and more electronics than in those early "prototypes" as pictured..

Well, I guess that's a state secret so nobody knows.. ;)

Nice pictures.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

This Ka-50 is quite similar to Black Shark's Ka-50, isn't it? It has got ABRIS and the black paint (other prototypes are blue paint in the cockpit). It's a pity the BS's Ka-50 hasn't got any missile warning. It would be difficult to dodge those iglas lol.

Regards

• ED Team
This Ka-50 is quite similar to Black Shark's Ka-50, isn't it? It has got ABRIS and the black paint (other prototypes are blue paint in the cockpit). It's a pity the BS's Ka-50 hasn't got any missile warning. It would be difficult to dodge those iglas lol.

Regards

Iglas don't radiate anything.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• ED Team
Iglas don't radiate anything.

Except of IR energy, especially on the missile launch. :smilewink:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Except of IR energy, especially on the missile launch. :smilewink:

Olgerd is right, I remember there was a device which was employed on One-Elevens (f-111) which was called IR-warning receiver or MAWS (something like "missile approach warning system"). It detected the IR energy of the missile motor, but I think it was of little use since it was deceived by many things that could be found on a typical battlefield (flares, burning things...)

I don't know if there are more modern versions employed on modern aircraft.

Today there are warning receivers for (apart usual radar missiles) laser systems which are quite used for anti-tank and anti-helicopter uses.

To fool IR missiles, apart the usual flares, helicopters usually employ IR-wavelenght jammers, those little cones covered with "mirrors" ;)

BTW, chaff and flares are usually managed with ready-made programs, which are activated automatically by RWR or ECM systems (for chaff) or manually (for flares)

• ED Team

But it's nontraditional detection system...

Actually, IMHO, it's too late when the missile starts - only flares can help.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Several prototypesof the Ka-50 have such systems, even combined with directional illuminators (forgot in what band IR or ultraviolet) to aim at the missile seeker and lead it away from the precious helicopter. Ofcourse there is little doubt such system is linked with the flare dispensing system. It detects the flash of the launch (main stage ignition for most manpads) and the subsequent plume.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Several prototypesof the Ka-50 have such systems, even combined with directional illuminators (forgot in what band IR or ultraviolet) to aim at the missile seeker and lead it away from the precious helicopter. Ofcourse there is little doubt such system is linked with the flare dispensing system. It detects the flash of the launch (main stage ignition for most manpads) and the subsequent plume.

They've moved on even from that - the Nemesis DIRCM turrent can burn the seeker out with a laser beam . . . .